Videos using Noir

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Videos using Noir

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:09 pm

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that primarily use Noir as a source.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.
Last edited by Tsunami Jones on Sat May 20, 2006 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:45 pm

Funny...this thread was created, but seems to lack any posts...so, I will fill that position.

First off, please excuse the lesser audio and video quality. The creator tried to put a fifteen minute video under the site's 100 MB limit, resulting in this. However, if you can look past that, you can find a good, if a bit odd, video. This piece essentially takes snippets of songs and merges them with particular sections/plotlines of Noir. The editing (particularly in the action parts) is right on, and the mood works pretty well, too. The one peculiar point is the lipsync that occurs throughout this video. It may seem out of place at first, but after a few sections, you get used to it.

Well, when the creator made a thread asking for song suggestions for the anime she owned, I happened to bring up the Noir/"Historypeats" combo. I guess she was interested enough by it, because she ended up doing the video - and it came out great, might I add. It does have quite a bit of effect work, but I think it matches the song well. It's essentially a Kirika profile, and it focuses more on the anime's story than it's action (although there is quite a bit of that, too).

Odd. This is the second good Noir/"Die Another Day" video I've seen. However, this one is better, so it's the one I'm listing. This video is very heavy on effects, but it has great mood and beat sync to go along with that. It uses an edit of the song that I've never heard before - makes me wonder if Vic did it himself.

A very sultry video with a yuri theme (Mireille/Kirika). I can't say much about this one, honestly. It's just a solid video with a unique (if not entirely unexpected, given the anime) perspective. This video also sits proudly in the shoujo-ai/yuri section (hell, it was the founding reason for it! ^_^ )

- Jen
Last edited by dj_ultima_the_great on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bulmafox
Org Profile

Post by bulmafox » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:09 pm

It's a Chloe/Kirika video (well, actually it's supposed to focus on Chloe's views on mortality, but C/K is a nice bonus :wink: ). It's set to "Who Wants To Live Forever" by Queen; combine that with the footage Silly used and you get a heartbreaking AMV that will make you cry if you watch it too much.

Another Chloe/Kirika video. 8-) The music and the fades make this video very exhilarating. The rewatch value is very high.
(well, the page is here but seeing as it's a Evanescence song, the link's been removed :( )

Quite simply the most beautiful Mireille/Kirika video ever. Very beautiful song ("My Immortal" by Evanescence) coupled with plenty of shoujo-ai-ish M/K clips.

It's actually a Noir/Madlax crossover, but it weavs an original story between the two quite seamlessly, complete with its own subtitles

A variation on episode 25 of Noir. The ending is quite different from its source, thought the last scene is obviouly spliced), and it's in black-and-white, with dialogue screens (whatever you call those scenes in which text appears in silent movies :?), which I think is pretty original. Anyone who finds episode 25 sad will be uplifted by this.

-GfN-
Org Profile

Post by -GfN- » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:14 am

I have to pimp this one:

though some tiny issues appear, this one is executed excellently:
moody, atmospherical, and, to go against the usual, not a comedy vid as the first amv from a creator.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Fri May 11, 2007 11:17 pm

Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Return to “Recommended AMVs”