2006 VCA Winners

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:46 pm

Zig-zag wrote:My most shocking was that Tear Stained Hearts didn't get farther than it did.
I personally thought that it might've made one of the final categories but in all honesty I was just looking forward to the best rookie category. I gotta say that it still made me very happy to see that alot of my vids made the semi-finals but there was some very tough competition for drama this year. Thanks for the vow of confidence though!

Another Shauna Video
Org Profile

Post by Another Shauna Video » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:51 pm

No problem, it was one of my all-time favorite videos. I watch it a lot.
Somedays you just sit back and wonder... why me?

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:11 pm

I'm surprised istiv's "The Race" didn't win anything. Ah well, the mob has spoken - congrats to the winners!

- and thanks to those who nominated "Lost Soul" - it was really neat to participate this year :)

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:55 pm

*inverse* wrote:I'm surprised istiv's "The Race" didn't win anything. Ah well, the mob has spoken - congrats to the winners!

- and thanks to those who nominated "Lost Soul" - it was really neat to participate this year :)
Yeah, I was extremely surprised to not see "The Race" and especially your "Lost Soul" win anything. I really thought Lost Soul would get the character profile, and sentimental, and another one. I don't know what happened.

Stuff I was slightly bothered by:

Suberunker seemed to take alot of spots for this year's VCA with just one vid. I was expecting many other vids to win some catergories and ended up seeing "1985" multiple times. I really wasn't expecting this outcome. I barely thought this vid was going to win even one category. No offense to Suber, but I think some people went a little too crazy over another Azumanga/funny AMV.

I don't know, I never liked Jihaku that much. I thought it was just alright but people seemed to think way much more. Video of the year?!?!?! The heck? I really wasn't expecting that at all. I actually hated it at first but upon multiple viewings for friends I began to like it a little. Maybe it's just me, but I usually seem to like vids that other people like.

Walking Hour for best romantic? Huh? What vid was this again? I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to remember many of Koop's vids after Euphoria. I've seen all of them but I wouldn't be able to distinguish one from another even if you paid me. I'm not saying I didn't like the vid, I just don't remember it all.

Stuff I loved:

Kisanzi for rookie of the year! I knew that was a sure-win the moment I saw the category. Congrats to you Kisanzi and I'm looking forward to that new dance vid your working on.

Phenomenom for best action made me happy. I can't say it's one of my top 3 videos or anything but if I ever think of an action video, Phenomenom is the first one to come to mind all the time. Plus I think this is the video I've watched the most ever! The feel of the video is just so amazing that it captures me for a long time like an Animal Crossing game. Seirra Lorna's effect style has become alot more noticed after this vid and it seems she has a crapload more fans than ever before now.

All the videos in the semifinals felt deserving to be there so overall I'm happy with everything "except for metro for forgetting to enter his (true fiction) vid in :evil: ", lol!

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:02 am

The VCAs are becoming like the Oscars. Joan Rivers needs to start posting the offical thread/

spk1983
Org Profile

Post by spk1983 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:28 am

My biggest disappointments for this year's VCAs, were to see that Lost Soul didn't win Best Character Profile, that was a beautiful video to say the least...as well as seeing The Race not winning anything, that was extremely well done to say the least.

*goes and puts on The Race to blast out once more*

timd20
Org Profile

Post by timd20 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:46 am

Could somone explain to me Jihaku's popularity and why it won four awards? As far as I could tell, this AMV was just a collection of random anime clips accompanied by a live action mouth singing a song. If the editor was trying to be coherent with his choice of clips in relation to the lyrics, I sure couldn't tell. Could someone enlighten me? :?

-GfN-
Org Profile

Post by -GfN- » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:00 am

overall, I am satisfied with the results...It just fits the purpose of a popularity award :lol: (though I dislike sth like that)

actually I would have liked to see the Animasia project for the best MEP, but, hell, it's a popularity contest, so the success for amv hell 3 is clear.

Jannis Nätke alias -Good for Nothing-

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:28 pm

Congratulations to all the winners and to those who got nominated.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

LordCalgar1984
Org Profile

Post by LordCalgar1984 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:15 pm

Ah so sad, I wished to see "Lost Soul" as Number 1 in Character and maybe Drama, for me it was and is one of the best videos of the last year, sad that my wish did not come true :cry:

MfG
Calgar

Return to “Site Announcements”