2006 VCA Winners

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

2006 VCA Winners

Post by Phade » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:44 pm

Hey All,

Geez! Could that take any longer?? ;-)

The winners for the 2006 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers Choice Awards are now available! There were 8 individual winning videos created by 9 individual video creators (does not count the Multi-Editor Project). The largest margin of victory was for Best Multi-Editor Project and the smallest margin of victory was for Best Horror. Hopefully I'll have more stats later. But for now, I have to finish prep for Anime Detour!

Congratulations to this year’s winners!!

Phade.

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Re: 2006 VCA Winners

Post by SnhKnives » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:45 pm

Phade wrote:The largest margin of victory was for Best Multi-Editor Project

somehow this doesnt surprise me

lol

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Re: 2006 VCA Winners

Post by Kisanzi » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:06 pm

Phade wrote:the smallest margin of victory was for Best Horror.
Awww...Mitternacht SE...so close...:P

But congrats to the winners! I'll admit that some of the results suprised me but thats how mass voting tends to go. And thanks to everyone that voted!

spk1983
Org Profile

Post by spk1983 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:19 pm

It would have been nice to see the # of votes cast for each award, to give an idea of how exactly the voting went...

Also, sorry if I had let out the results before they were officially released, didn't mean to cause any confusion, just a little delighted at seeing the results were out, after poking around on the site for 2 hours, waiting for the results to be released, so when I stumbled across it, I had to put it up.

...In any case, congrats to all winners, and all finalists for that matter!!!

Indeed @ AMV Hell 3 having the largest margin of victory...not surprising one little bit!

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:06 pm

Hey spk1983,

You did? I was wondering why nobody seemed to care about this thread. /me goes to see other thread :-(

Phade.

Another Shauna Video
Org Profile

I Care!

Post by Another Shauna Video » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:31 pm

Don't worry! I care about this thread! I was excited to see the winners posted! Now for my next trick I will try to improve myself so I'll maybe see one of my videos up there in the year 3006! :lol:

:D GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!! :D
Somedays you just sit back and wonder... why me?

Vicious Knives
Org Profile

Post by Vicious Knives » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:02 pm

Congratulations to all the winners!

None of you may care about what I have to say, but here are my thoughts on a few of the winners:

Most Expected: AMV Hell 3 for Multi-Editor and Always Hardcore for Dance. I wanted Reflections of Style 2 to win Multi-Editor, but AMV Hell 3 is plenty deserving of its win. Same for Always Hardcore (which I voted for in the Dance category).

Most Surprising: Jihaku for Best Sentimental. I thought In My Mind had that one in the bag, but I was wrong.

Most Baffling: You have your "normal" surprises ("Hmm, didn't expect that."), and then you have those surprises that leave you utterly dumbfounded ("WHAT?! How in the... Why is that... HUH?!"). Naruto's Technique Beat for Best Instrumental was just such a head-scratcher for me.

Now please understand that I don't mean to offend the artist behind this video. It looks like some very hard work went into the development of it, but the ridiculously high color saturation and the (in my opinion) needless abundance of effects annoyed me. It gets a point for nostalgic value for making me think of Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (the first anime film I ever watched). But other than that, I found it way too effects heavy and not all that fun to watch. Maybe you have to be a Naruto fan to really appreciate it. Speaking of which, perhaps its win isn't all that baffling when one considers the legions of Naruto fans out there. It's the only explanation I can think of for how it could have beaten the beautiful and uplifting I want to Fly.

Winning in the Wrong Category: Dead to the World for Best Horror/Terror and Still Preoccupied with 1985 for Best Character Profile.

I'm glad Dead to the World won something, but I've never thought it was right for the Horror/Terror category. It should have been in Artistic instead.

Still Preoccupied with 1985 is a great video, but a character profile? Say what? It surprised me when I saw it among the nominations for that category and I thought it surely wouldn't win. If Still Preoccupied with 1985 is a character profile of Yukari, then I guess Revenge is a character profile of Spike. In my opinion, the Bowling For Soup song used in Still Preoccupied with 1985 doesn't fit Yukari at all. She doesn't have a husband, she doesn't have two kids, I don't remember her ever aspiring to be an actress, and we have no evidence of her ever being preoccupied with the 1980s. Still Preoccupied with 1985 works very well in the other categories for which it won, but (in my opinion) it doesn't work as a character profile.

The video I really wanted to win in the Character Profile category was The World At Large by Kwasek. Unfortunately, it couldn't even be nominated in that category because Kwasek didn't list it as a character profile video for some reason.

Most Satisfying: Jihaku for Video of the Year. This was my third favorite video of the year (next to Dead To The World and Reflections of Style 2) and I was really hoping it would win in at least one category. I was quite surprised when it won in four categories. I knew it was a great video, but I didn't know if it was popular enough to win Video of the Year. I'm glad it did.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Vicious Knives wrote:Naruto's Technique Beat for Best Instrumental was just such a head-scratcher for me.

Now please understand that I don't mean to offend the artist behind this video. It looks like some very hard work went into the development of it, but the ridiculously high color saturation and the (in my opinion) needless abundance of effects annoyed me. It gets a point for nostalgic value for making me think of Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (the first anime film I ever watched). But other than that, I found it way too effects heavy and not all that fun to watch. Maybe you have to be a Naruto fan to really appreciate it. Speaking of which, perhaps its win isn't all that baffling when one considers the legions of Naruto fans out there. It's the only explanation I can think of for how it could have beaten the beautiful and uplifting I want to Fly.
It looks like we're establishing a pattern here: this is the second year in a row that a video that didn't really match the spirit of the award (check out the category description -- "musical flow" what now?) has won Best Instrumental; last year it was my own AEO:EB.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Another Shauna Video
Org Profile

Post by Another Shauna Video » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:09 pm

My most shocking was that Tear Stained Hearts didn't get farther than it did.
Somedays you just sit back and wonder... why me?

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:21 pm

Vicious Knives wrote: Most Baffling: You have your "normal" surprises ("Hmm, didn't expect that."), and then you have those surprises that leave you utterly dumbfounded ("WHAT?! How in the... Why is that... HUH?!"). Naruto's Technique Beat for Best Instrumental was just such a head-scratcher for me.

[/i].

I, for one, did expect that to win (though I did vote for Bakadeshi's Angel of Redemption 2). :roll:

Considering the ridiculous number of people of who are Naruto fans (and within that group those annoying Narutards), this is shear popularity contest and nothing more. Of course if you want a real AMV contest that preserves the "spirit" of the catagories, that's where those con contests come into play. :o
ImageImage

Return to “Site Announcements”