Horror Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:31 pm

Rats! Michele, you beat me to it!

"Hollow" by Prodigi is fantastic! I hate horror stuff, but this was very well done!

HurQlez03
Org Profile

Post by HurQlez03 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:57 pm

Hellooooooo, why hasn't This AMV been discussed in this cateory? Tsukin was my role model when I entered the AMV hobby, and this AMV was a huge impact with its high gore and angry song. It just blew me away. If you want to be scared and amazed, watch this immediately.

Astria
Org Profile

Post by Astria » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:18 am

I don't know if this strictly counts as horror, but I find it very creepy:

'Charmed', Darius GQ.

In the creator's comments he says "This is my last creation. I've put all my talen and knowledge into this." And boy does it show. Technically and conceptually, this is a fantastic video.

The anime used is 'Yami no Matsuei/Descendants of Darkness', but I think that even those who don't know the anime can be drawn into the weirdly enchanting atmosphere of the video. It has its own plot and storyline which use images and ideas from the series in a different way from their original context (it looks similar, but is different). The effects are startling, the visuals of the images and colours give this vid a disturbing air.

(I'll be showing this to a friend of mine when I see her again. I don't know what she'll think. She found AbsoluteDestiny's 'Boys' terrifying... ;) )

Tormentor
Org Profile

Post by Tormentor » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:00 am

Another interesting one is this here

It's quiet long, but also really good.

-GfN-
Org Profile

Post by -GfN- » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:23 pm

dammit, nobody's recommended beowulf's "dead to the world" already?

one of the most ambitious amv (projects). watch it!

Jannis Nätke alias -Good for Nothing-

Ainaelle
Org Profile

Post by Ainaelle » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:49 pm

I bet most of you know those vids as well as I do... :?

Old, but still worth mentioning. Classic soundtrack, great execution, perfect mood. Never fails to give me some creeps.

Not what you usually expect thinking "horror", but it's a damn good video, and I think the mood of despair it creates makes it fit in this category.

Probably the most original video I saw, and certainly one of the best. It's like a very bad dream, or a look into the mind of a madman. Creepy as hell, and damn brilliant.

Fitting title. Another from the "bad dream" category. Very good execution of a great idea. I'm sure old man Sigmund would be proud.

Don't ask... I used to have nightmares about this.

Blanco22
Org Profile

Post by Blanco22 » Thu May 04, 2006 10:49 pm

F.E.A.R. by Niotex. It's definitely the most horror-esque AMV I've seen. Very well done with some nice effects. It's pretty short because it uses the trailer from the game F.E.A.R., which is a very scary, awesome game itself. Although it was only recently released, it's one hell of a horror AMV.

Here's the link:

disturbed_vegeta
Org Profile

Post by disturbed_vegeta » Wed May 10, 2006 8:43 am

I squeeze my fists and curl my tongue, calling out a roaring shout. I break the barriers, and explode in gold. Hundreds slaughtered, no remorse. Each battle feeds my needs. Arising each with higher force,no limits to my building greed.

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:22 pm

Well, I'm not sure if this is "horror" but I'm pretty sure it's in that genre.

If you like Gantz you should definately check this one out.

It's very impressive. Worth a look.
¯\(°_o)/¯

Turbo
is actually Jesus
Org Profile

Post by Turbo » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:22 pm

This clip with great atmosphere:

Return to “Recommended AMVs”