AMV Heaven - First Epiphany

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:39 am

RolltheStampede wrote:Im releasing my segment on tuesday
Welcome to not-in-the-project land, then. It's either solo, or part of this MEP. If you release it solo, it's not part of this MEP.

Feel free to release your segment individually form the MEP once I get back online and release it... but otherwise, we will have lost the best segmentin the whole thing, seeing as I will not put in previously released bits.

Again - If you can make a whole AMV form your AMV Heaven segment, you should do so. AMV Heaven is for ideas that didn't get finished or could not be finished. So feel free to do whatever you want. But don't say it's a track for this project if you do.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:05 am

The video is processing now.
I made the video for your project and the deadline for it was extended from November 25th. to December 25th.
Its over 2 months from the original deadline and seeing as
Garylisk wrote:My last MEP took 3 years
I didnt want to wait that long.
No offence but i think thats plenty of time to compile what has been done.
So if you decide to not put the video in the project that is up to you as the project coordinator but i did make this for your project and i got tired of holding onto it.
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:03 pm

RolltheStampede wrote:The video is processing now.
I made the video for your project and the deadline for it was extended from November 25th. to December 25th.
So if you decide to not put the video in the project that is up to you as the project coordinator but i did make this for your project and i got tired of holding onto it.
You don't have tol hold onto it! I have it!

And what part of "I DON'T HAVE INTERNET AT HOME!" do you not understand? The project IS COMPILED. If you release this track seperately, I will have to RECOMPILE the project!

Yeah. No internet on my home computer. What do you THINK I've been doing? I've been bored out of my skull! I've finished compiling AMV Heaven, got my next fansub encode done, translated 2 more episodes of it, nearly finished my next stand-alone AMV, and watched all 14 episodes of the new Doctor Who TWICE (Once on my own, once with a friend.) - On top of looking for a new job every other day!

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:40 am

Garylisk wrote:
RolltheStampede wrote:The video is processing now.
You don't have tol hold onto it! I have it!

And what part of "I DON'T HAVE INTERNET AT HOME!" do you not understand? The project IS COMPILED. If you release this track seperately, I will have to RECOMPILE the project!

Yeah. No internet on my home computer. What do you THINK I've been doing? I've been bored out of my skull! I've finished compiling AMV Heaven, got my next fansub encode done, translated 2 more episodes of it, nearly finished my next stand-alone AMV, and watched all 14 episodes of the new Doctor Who TWICE (Once on my own, once with a friend.) - On top of looking for a new job every other day!
Thats what laptops with wireless internet cards and unsuspecting neighbors are for ;p What? I'm dead serious, i;ve done it in the past ;p

Anyway, if thats not an option (either mising the laptop, iwireless card or unsuspecting neighbors with wireless routers,) then perhaps maybe sending the compiled project to another member via snailmail to upload for you might be a viable option, thats is if you don't forsee getting access to internet anytime soon.

Though I am not part of the project, i'm kinda interested in seeing it ;p

GMD_God
Org Profile

Post by GMD_God » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:58 am

Ok, is it comming out or not?

pyrolord
Org Profile

What is AMV heaven

Post by pyrolord » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:12 pm

What exactly is AMV heaven? Is it another version of AMV hell or is it another Christian music project?

Dragononfire
Org Profile

Post by Dragononfire » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:02 pm

can we still send send in videos

tenementt
Org Profile

Post by tenementt » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:18 am

I am interested to know as well. What exactly is the premise of AMV Heaven?

GMD_God
Org Profile

Post by GMD_God » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:04 am

So is it comming out?
Last edited by GMD_God on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:16 pm

AMV Heaven had 5 videos submitted, plus one made by me.

The project was assembled from what videos had been recieved thus far. A concept was made for opening and ending credits. Editors who had signed up but not submitted anything were contacted. No response was recieved from some, others responded saying they had not started yet. One dropped out. One editor released his segment as an independent video.

As a whole, the compiled project as it is right now is very drab and does not flow well. The length is dissapointing. The material in some videos, including the one I made, can be tedious to view.

So I decided to let the topic fall off the forums list and hopefully be forgotten. I didn't think it would take much since one of the editors who signed up even forgot that he'd signed up.

I will not say that I put forth maximum effort. I was discouraged by the turnout and interest. However, don't accuse me of not trying to get the project moving. Don't tell me I was unreasonable.

And trust me, don't worry yourselves that you might be missing out in not seeing this project. You're better off not seeing it.

Editors, there is nothing stopping you from releasing whatever work you see fit publically since the project was a near total flop. I didn't stop Roll from doing it, I won't stop any of you. It's not my place to do so.

However, it IS my place to officially say, if you want to call it official, that this project is dead. Half the people didn't "get" the concept... I guess it's kind of abstract.

So anyway, sorry if you're dissapointed.

P.S. - I have not had any PM's about it since DECEMBER. And the only person who contacted me on AIM or through email was Roll. And he's one of two or three people who actually put a lot of effort into this, so cheers to them. I salute ya.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”