AWA Pro & DDR Project 2 Videos - Online

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:10 pm

You guys are waaay too kind on the "Smoke" video :D. EVERYONE's DDR tracks were SOOO good this year, I couldn't help but feel severely out-classed. We totally appreciate all the good words, though ^^.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

Mag Launcher
Org Profile

Post by Mag Launcher » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:13 pm

amvs are nothing but a fucking digital effects race now. That smoke video could have used any anime and nothing would have changed.

random anime + random effects every time you hear a noise = good amv

...I guess
CYRAX - Visit my site at <a href="http://maglauncher.net">http://maglauncher.net</a>

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:22 pm

Ummm...no.

"Smoke" would've sucked with somethin' like Superbook or Fantastic Adventures of Unico. Or DBZ. :twisted:

My initial thought on a good match would've been Giant Robo.

But to say it's all a digital effects race is overstating things. A hell of a good video can still be made with cuts only.

Mag Launcher
Org Profile

Post by Mag Launcher » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:08 pm

to say it's a dv efx race isn't an overstatement. You just don't see it yet. Soon you'll notice. It's always been going this way and will keep on as long as these geeks beg for more shiny colors.
CYRAX - Visit my site at <a href="http://maglauncher.net">http://maglauncher.net</a>

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:35 pm

Heheh, thanks for the kind words (and shameless attention, tee hee!) for the video. Hell, ours is so lacking in effects compared to the other videos in the DDR project. Jeff Heller's, for example, made excellent use of effects to help accentuate the music. Same thing for Eric Kobet, Ian, and Scott's videos, for that matter. But, there were also really awesome "straight-cut" videos in the project that fit songs wonderfully. Hopefully, we'll actually learn some advanced techniques for the next project, and churn out something that will be worthy of a nice dance video.
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:37 pm

Man, I want to get a copy of Tobin and Beef's Akia video :twisted:
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:38 pm

Rozard wrote:Man, I want to get a copy of Tobin and Beef's Akia video :twisted:
Heh, man... all those panties hurt my eyes after awhile, though. :shock: Never seen so many white panties at once. You'd think all those ladies would at least wear different colored undies at some point.

And thus, I think too much.
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:47 pm

LOL!!! It was just so damn funny. We have a tape of a few people giving props to Tobin for that video. It's a novelty thing, I think. Also, (Getting somewhat back on topic) I loved the "Smoke" video. I loved the dance arrows, and the incorporation of aspects of the game into the video.

"Not good!" :lol:

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:50 pm

Rozard wrote:"Not good!" :lol:
Heheh, that was so fun to make. I take credit for that part, ha! Mike did all the arrow stuff though. It's way simple compared to what Scott did in his Gundam video with all of his arrows, though. :) In any case, I'm glad you saw all the cheesy DDR gags. Now, if only we had been able to figure out how to make "Freeze" arrows....

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:56 pm

"It's the newwwwwwwwwwww style!"

My only beef with the video is how the track tore Deep Purple a new one. I soooooooooo prefer the original "Smoke On The Water." :x

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”