Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:18 am

Here's what I've decided to use:

Anime: Air (movie)
Song: "Just a Prayer Away" by Jaci Velasquez
Length: About 1 minute

I haven't done an MEP where we use our own music. Do we just choose a segment of the song and edit it so it fades in and out?

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:29 am

The_Vagrant_06 wrote:YAY!!! I might do "Sleeping Awake" because that's my favorite off of the Matrix Reloaded Soundtrack. Can I have Evangelion?
Yep. :)
JenCM18 wrote:alright thanks ^_^ But I will find another song to use soon. I can make both and you can choose which ever one to put in the project.
Yeah we'll only pick one track if you use Plumb songs for both, but if you want to use two different artists we can include them both in the project.
Bakadeshi wrote:ok put me down for:
The Juliana Theory - "Into the Dark"
and Naruto as the anime for now - Theme would be Naru- Hina romance/encouragement type theme, but I might change the anime once I think some more on it.
Awesome. :wink:
*inverse* wrote: I haven't done an MEP where we use our own music. Do we just choose a segment of the song and edit it so it fades in and out?
Use whatever parts of the song you want. Feel free to mix and match different sections of the song together into your track, too (I know that's what I'm doing for my tracks). But don't fade the tracks in and out. We'd probably better make that clear to everybody...

*NOTE FOR ALL EDITORS*
DO NOT fade your tracks in and out. We will make the transitions ourselves. It's also best if you leave a second or two of both audio and video "filler" at the beginning and end of your track. So if you want the beginning of your track to be seen in the final video, it's best to add a couple seconds of filler just before it to make sure it's not edited over in the final version.
ImageImage

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:57 am

silver_moon wrote:Ok, I sent you a PM with a link to the song.
Thanks, got and downloaded it. I think I'll use the part at around 2:00-3:00 of the song since whenever I tried to mix audio parts of a song I screwed up and it sounded awfully :/

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:10 am

silver_moon wrote:
Prodigi wrote:Ok, that's fine. Just remove "Prayer" by Disturbed from my song choices, and leave "Grace Like Rain" by Todd Agnew (who is a christian artist).
Thanks for being so accomodating. :) And just let us know if you want to change your track or add a new one.
Hey, that's fine, it's your MEP and i'm just along for the ride ;)

although after some consideration i'm not sure if the song it self would be considered 'rock'. If you're not familiar with the song i'd be happy to send you an edit of what i would use, so you can have the final say.

I'm still searching for a second song to use, and so far "Shake the Planet" by PlanetShakers has sparked my interest. I'll keep you updated.

Osakaisthebomb
Org Profile

Post by Osakaisthebomb » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:34 am

:lol: :P :o :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

This project looks like it is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see.

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:46 pm

Prodigi wrote:
silver_moon wrote:
Prodigi wrote:Ok, that's fine. Just remove "Prayer" by Disturbed from my song choices, and leave "Grace Like Rain" by Todd Agnew (who is a christian artist).
Thanks for being so accomodating. :) And just let us know if you want to change your track or add a new one.
Hey, that's fine, it's your MEP and i'm just along for the ride ;)

although after some consideration i'm not sure if the song it self would be considered 'rock'. If you're not familiar with the song i'd be happy to send you an edit of what i would use, so you can have the final say.

I'm still searching for a second song to use, and so far "Shake the Planet" by PlanetShakers has sparked my interest. I'll keep you updated.
I love "Grace Like Rain", and I'd consider it to be soft rock or pop, and that's perfectly fine for this project. We'd like a good mix of soft, hard and medium rock. We're mostly just not looking for music like gospel or country or rap (but rap/rock is okay).

I've never heard of PlanetShakers before. I listened to some samples by them, and they sound pretty good. Let us know when you decide. :wink:
Osakaisthebomb wrote:This project looks like it is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see.
Thanks. :D
ImageImage

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:06 pm

Partly out of curiosity and partly out of interest, what's your policy on a band that is undeclared as far as religion goes, but has a song that is at least thematically Christian? In particular I'm referring to "Lazarus" by Porcupine Tree.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:27 pm

I'll stick my toes in for this one!

Artist: Mismash
Song: "Do What is Right"
Anime: Tokyo Babylon

Time: 1:00

I'm looking forward to seeing the final project!

JenCM18
Org Profile

Post by JenCM18 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:59 pm

Question :: Do you want us to send an interlaced huffy file? or deinterlace it our selves and send it that way?

With the sailor moon stars footage I have I was thinking about filtering it myself. If I do should I still keep the resolution at 720*480?
Aun Studios. Listen...Imagine...Create. | Ef "feel Alive" | "Keep Me Alive" Your Lie in April & "Feelings We Share" Beyond The Boundary [Work In Progress]

Skylink
Org Profile

Post by Skylink » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:01 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Partly out of curiosity and partly out of interest, what's your policy on a band that is undeclared as far as religion goes, but has a song that is at least thematically Christian? In particular I'm referring to "Lazarus" by Porcupine Tree.
I don't think that the "band" has to be Christian. As long as the song (or at least the CLIP you're using) has a Christian related theme to it, it should be fine.
ImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”