Project Trinity: Christian Rock MEP

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:05 am

AtomX wrote:Anyways. Doesn't really have TOO much relavence to the project, other than to say, Tooth & Nail band != Christian band.
That's really interesting. I didn't know that. I always thought Tooth & Nail considered themselves a Christian record label.

It would be great to have you on the project, by the way, so please do consider it some more. :wink:
Infinity Squared wrote: A question though... we may be going for Christian music and all, but theme wise, are we aiming for something that at least exhibits Christian faith? I know I myself ain't going to be making a video that is overly "preachy" but nonetheless is very Christian in nature.
No, pretty much all we're doing is using Christian music. It would be great if you could exhibit your faith too, but I understand that it's difficult to do, considering that we're working with anime, which isn't usually Christian-based at all. So don't worry about it too much.

Infinity Squared and Prodigi: added you both to the track list. Welcome to the project. :)
ImageImage

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:47 am

Infinity Squared wrote:A question though... we may be going for Christian music and all, but theme wise, are we aiming for something that at least exhibits Christian faith? I know I myself ain't going to be making a video that is overly "preachy" but nonetheless is very Christian in nature.
Aye, theme-wise, much of the music I'd pick probably wouldn't fit with many of the other main artists that would likely go into the project. Heck, with Steve Taylor, who co-wrote material on and produced three of the Newsboys' albums, you'd probably have to be somewhat picky on what songs to use as he ruffled the industry's feathers with a couple - if not more - of his albums back in the 80s. I just don't see songs with titles like "I Blew Up The Clinic Real Good" mixing well with songs by Skillet or Pillar, et al. My problem is that much of the Christian music I like and listen to routinely expresses that same kind of criticism or satire (although not necessarily to that extreme).

A while after I typed that top paragraph...
I have made a selection, though. And no, it's not any of the darker bands/material I was talking about earlier.

Song: "Place In This World" by Michael W. Smith
Anime: RahXephon
Length: probably about 1 minute
Serious/Drama

On a side-note: for some reason, the CD doesn't have the lyrics in its booklet; thank goodness I remembered my dad also has a 15- or 16-year-old cassette of the album which does include the lyrics. Odd.
Last edited by Qyot27 on Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Strider_Black
Org Profile

Post by Strider_Black » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:48 am

ok i found what i want to use

Song: Thousand Foot Krutch - I Climb
Length: estimated 1:00
Category: serious/drama
Anime: Naruto

Ok i'm ready to be added Sierra, and thanks again for helping me with me recent video ^^.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:22 am

Qyot27 and Strider_Black, you are added to the track list. :wink:

Keep the ideas coming, everyone!
ImageImage

jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by jade_eyed_angel » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:54 am

You said anime twice and arist once... but not a definite rule, right? Then I'll try... :D

Song: Switchfoot - Meant to Live
Length: estimated 1:00 or so
Category: drama
Anime: Chrono Crusade

I think the song fits really well and I can make it good, and I don't know any other Christian bands, so I hope that's fine... =D

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:41 am

I'm very interested in joining!

Artist: Australia Hillsongs
Song: One Way

Anime: Beck, Gravitation and Full Moon wo Sagashite.

I plan to blend these 3 into a single concept if it doesn't work out then I'll stick with one or two.

In the meantime if anyone else wants one of these 3 then I don't mind dropping one or two.

The theme/tone I'm planning is celebratory as in 'shouting out' glory to God so I guess that means drama.

Length: 30secs.
Last edited by OropherZero on Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:57 am, edited 7 times in total.

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:00 am

There's an idea that came to my mind when I read the first post:

Anime: GTO
Artist: Superchic[k]
Song: Hero

Since english isn't my native language I might be wrong about the song lyrics fitting to the project, if that's the case just tell me. I'm also still not quite sure if I'm able to pull off the lyric synch for this one even though the anime fits quite well to the song lyrics. Oh, and I'm not much of an effects user, but I'd try my best given the chance. About the lenght I'd just say about a minute, I haven't chosen which part of the song yet since I'd first like to see if you'd accept me with this idea/track or not. Argh, and it's just a mp3, but I can say that it's a pretty high quality one, no skips or errors or anything.

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:39 am

InGoW wrote:There's an idea that came to my mind when I read the first post:

Anime: GTO
Artist: Superchic[k]
Song: Hero

Since english isn't my native language I might be wrong about the song lyrics fitting to the project, if that's the case just tell me.
no your right, those lyrics are perfect really. I'm just annoyed i didn't think of that song sooner ^^

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:44 am

Ooh, I'm very interested in this. I might be able to do something with Fruits Basket or Wolf's' Rain, but I'll have to find a song first - shall get back to you on that :)

*edit - I think I'll try using the Air movie to something by Jaci Velasquez. I'm calling dibs :P
Last edited by *inverse* on Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:22 pm

Jade_eyed_angel, OropherZero, and InGoW: you are added to the track list.
jade_eyed_angel wrote:You said anime twice and arist once... but not a definite rule, right? Then I'll try...
I figured Switchfoot would be a popular choice for this project. :) "Only Hope" and "Meant to Live" sound quite different, so I think it's fine.

So for everyone else: no more Switchfoot and no more Chrono Crusade!
InGoW wrote:Since english isn't my native language I might be wrong about the song lyrics fitting to the project, if that's the case just tell me. I'm also still not quite sure if I'm able to pull off the lyric synch for this one even though the anime fits quite well to the song lyrics. Oh, and I'm not much of an effects user, but I'd try my best given the chance. About the lenght I'd just say about a minute, I haven't chosen which part of the song yet since I'd first like to see if you'd accept me with this idea/track or not. Argh, and it's just a mp3, but I can say that it's a pretty high quality one, no skips or errors or anything.
While "Hero" doesn't really mention Christianity specifically, it is still an inspirational song and the band is Christian, so I think it fits into the project just fine. Plus I personally really like that song and artist, so I say go for it. :wink: As for effects, whether you put effects into your track is completely up to you. Scene selections and good timing come first anyway. :) If all you have is an mp3, I can give you a .wav file to work with. I have this song on CD, although I know there is also a remix version of the song. The one I have is the original version, so let me know if that's the one you were planning on working with and I'll send it to you. :wink:
*inverse* wrote:Ooh, I'm very interested in this. I might be able to do something with Fruits Basket or Wolf's' Rain, but I'll have to find a song first - shall get back to you on that
Just let us know when you have an idea!
ImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”