Project Trinity: Christian Rock MEP

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Project Trinity: Christian Rock MEP

Post by Sierra Lorna » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Project Goal and Theme:
This is a Multi-Editor project which uses entirely Christian Rock music. Even though Christian rock is beginning to become more popular today, it’s not heard as often as mainstream rock. Our major goal for this project is to let this music be heard more by making a really enjoyable AMV project to it.

Silver_moon and I will be coordinating this project. Silver_moon will be in charge of most of the encoding, while I'll be in charge of motion graphics and titles in the project. We'll jointly decide on things like the rules of this project.

We've been considering doing this project for a while, but Osakaisthebomb's post about his own MEP idea resparked our interest. He's also running his own Christian music MEP. Be sure to check it out too, as he is still searching for more editors to join!

**Current Status:**
-Not accepting any more sign-ups
-Sent out test version of the final MEP. Waiting for suggestions for final touch-ups.
-Working on finishing up the final version.

Contact Info

How to contact us:
You can post on this forum, PM either me or silver_moon, or e-mail us:

sierra_lorna@yahoo.ca
silver_moon_aurora@yahoo.ca

It doesn't really matter which one of us you contact, because we will be keeping in touch which each other on this project. It's preferred that you post here in the forum, though, so anyone can answer your questions faster.

Track List

(Intro & Outro) Sierra Lorna & Silver_moon | Song: David Crowder Band - "ForeverandEver Etc." | Anime: Various
1. digifreak | Song: Sarah Brendel - "Fire" | Anime: Digimon, Trigun, Kingdom Hearts, Big O | Length: 0:53
2. Pyrolord | Song: Sanctus Real - "Everything About You" |Anime: Ai Yori Aoshi | Length: 0:50
3. Silver_moon | Song: Story Side B - "Miracle" | Anime: Ah! My Goddess (TV) | Length: 0:37
4. Krisqo | Song: Michael Card - "Celebrate the Child" | Anime: The SoulTaker | Length: 1:00
5. Jade_eyed_angel | Song: Switchfoot - "Meant to Live" | Anime: Chrno Crusade | Length: 1:09
6. Strider_Black | Song: Thousand Foot Krutch - "I Climb" | Anime: Naruto | Length: 1:05
7. Sierra Lorna | Song: Kutless – “Your Touch” | Anime: Bleach | Length: 1:10
8. gangstaj8 | Song: PFR - "Walk Away From Love" | Anime: Cowboy Bebop | Length: 1:03
9. *inverse* | Song: Jaci Velasquez - "Just a Prayer Away" | Anime: Air (Movie, TV) | Length: 0:49
10. Qyot27 | Song: Michael W. Smith - "Place in This World" | Anime: Rahxephon | Length: 1:26
11. ScoobINSMDBZ | Song: BarlowGirl - "Never Alone" | Anime: SaiKano | Length: 1:12
12. Reha666 | Ancient Prophecy - "Days of Doom" | Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion | Length: 0:50
13. Suberunker | Mae - "Anything" | Anime: Hajime no Ippo | Length: 1:10
14. Silver_moon | Song: 38th Parallel - "Horizon" | Anime: Peacemaker Kurogane | Length: 1:05
15. OropherZero | Song: The Jeff Scott Band - "In The Secret" | Anime: Shakugan no Shana, Hanbu No Tsuki Ga Noboru Sora | Length: 1:10
16. SenshiMamoru | Day of Fire - "Cornerstone" | Anime: Pretear | Length: 1:15
17. Reigna | Song: Anberlin - "Cadence" | Anime: Chance Pop Session | Length: 0:45
18. Narutobattousai | Song: Relient K - "Who I Am Hates Who I've Been" | Anime: Fate/Stay Night | Length: 1:00
19. Infinity Squared | Song: Switchfoot - "Only Hope" | Anime: Haibane Renmei | Length: 1:02
20. JenCM18 | Song: Plumb - "Taken" | Anime: Sailor Moon Stars | Length: 0:53
21. NeoMikey | Song: TobyMac - "Extreme Days" | Anime: Trigun | Length: 0:45
22. Sierra Lorna | Song: Benjiman - "Activate" | Anime: Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children| Length: 1:05
23. Greek Prince | Pillar - "Rewind" | Anime: Escaflowne | Length: 0:47
Last edited by Sierra Lorna on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 109 times in total.
ImageImage

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:20 pm

id love to join this

Song: 12 stones- the way I feel
Anime: chrono crusade
Length: estimated 1:00
Category: seriouse/drama

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:56 pm

I would guess the Evanescence stipulation would also apply to Celldweller, since he's cut ties with the Christian music industry? On the other hand, people more strongly associate him with being a Christian music artist because of his previous projects (Circle Of Dust, Argyle Park, AP2, Brainchild, etc.), which were released either through R.E.X. Music or Tooth & Nail or enjoyed various independent releases (although some of those were recently rereleased by Flaming Fish, another Christian label).

In any case, the concept is interesting. Unfortunately, considering all the procrastinating I did last year for VG3 and the Nightwish project, I don't want to jump into something unless I know I can work on it without losing motivation.

Exactly what is the limit on hard here? Most of what I'd probably want to use (aside from those I already have slated for projects) are largely Electronic Rock or Industrial music (like from Flaming Fish or ChristianIndustrial.net); the lyrics are also more on the ambiguous and sometimes ascerbic side, which wouldn't really work if the aim here is something uplifting and inspirational.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Strider_Black
Org Profile

Post by Strider_Black » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:58 pm

i'd love to join

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:26 pm

shinodude wrote:id love to join this

Song: 12 stones- the way I feel
Anime: chrono crusade
Length: estimated 1:00
Category: seriouse/drama
Cool idea. Added you to the list. :wink:
Qyot27 wrote:I would guess the Evanescence stipulation would also apply to Celldweller, since he's cut ties with the Christian music industry? On the other hand, people more strongly associate him with being a Christian music artist because of his previous projects (Circle Of Dust, Argyle Park, AP2, Brainchild, etc.), which were released either through R.E.X. Music or Tooth & Nail or enjoyed various independent releases (although some of those were recently rereleased by Flaming Fish, another Christian label).
I haven't heard too much about Celldweller, but if he's done records with Christian record labels like Tooth & Nail, anything from those records would be great. Be if he has cut ties with his latest music, it's probably best to say that it wouldn't be considered Christian music anymore.
Qyot27 wrote:Exactly what is the limit on hard here? Most of what I'd probably want to use (aside from those I already have slated for projects) are largely Electronic Rock or Industrial music (like from Flaming Fish or ChristianIndustrial.net); the lyrics are also more on the ambiguous and sometimes ascerbic side, which wouldn't really work if the aim here is something uplifting and inspirational.
Electronic and Industrial rock is great, if that's what you want to use. I'd still consider that rock for sure. And a lot of Christian music can be fairly ambigious, so we're not going to be too picky on that either. As long as it is at least vaguely Christian-ish, and is by a Christian artist, it's fine.
Strider_Black wrote:i'd love to join
Sweet. :) Let us know when you get any ideas you might want to do and we'll add you in.
ImageImage

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:52 pm

i'd love to join too. That main two songs i have in mind are:

"Prayer" by Disturbed (Disturbed isn't really a christian rock group but when they wrote this particular song they meant it to have many religious conetations)
and
"Grace Like Rain" by Todd Agnew

I havn't decided on anime sources but i'll be thinking about it.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:10 pm

Interesting :-o I've had an idea for 'Dandelions' by Five Iron Frenzy for a while... Not sure if I'll join yet or not.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:20 pm

Sierra Lorna wrote:I haven't heard too much about Celldweller, but if he's done records with Christian record labels like Tooth & Nail, anything from those records would be great. Be if he has cut ties with his latest music, it's probably best to say that it wouldn't be considered Christian music anymore.
One thing I would like to point out though is that, just because a band is on Tooth & Nail, it doesn't mean they are a Christian band. They're not REALLY technically a "Christian record label". They just happen to sign a good number of Christian rock acts. I used to be close associates with the guys who founded the label and they've never considered themselves a Christian record label, and they really don't like to be pigeonholed as such. They ARE Christians themselves, but their record label is not necessarilly their ministry. One of the most well known examples of a band in this position would be MxPx. They released 4 albums on Tooth & Nail, and a few of their earliest songs did talk about Christian themes here and there, but they also never considered themselves a Christian band. But due to the assumption about the record label and the lyrics, they were thusly lumped into the Christian rock scene. So when they decided to sign to A&M Records (a secular label), there was quite a huge controversy, and many Christians slandered them and questioned their faith. But they never said they were a Christian band to begin with.

Anyways. Doesn't really have TOO much relavence to the project, other than to say, Tooth & Nail band != Christian band.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:48 pm

only a couple hours and already some sign ups :)

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:39 pm

Alrighty, before anyone else beats me to it :P

Anime: Haibane Renmei

Music: "Only Hope" by Switchfoot

Length: most likely 1 minute

I've got flashes of images in my mind but no real direction yet as to where to take it. I'm not 100% certain about Haibane Renmei either but as it is, it's the first that came to mind when I looked at my rather limited collection of (good quality) Christian rock music... I think I have more of the non-rock stuff :P And I've always wanted to do a Haibane Renmei video since like forever, so I think this is as good an opportunity as any.

So yeah, sign me up :D

A question though... we may be going for Christian music and all, but theme wise, are we aiming for something that at least exhibits Christian faith? I know I myself ain't going to be making a video that is overly "preachy" but nonetheless is very Christian in nature.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”