AWA Iron Chef

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:34 am

dokidoki wrote:
paizuri wrote:How they pick the competitor is another story altogether.
I thought the winner of Masters was the Challenger.
I really never thought Masters had anything to do with it. The fact that I was the Challenger the year after I won Masters was a coincidence, i think. And last year, Joe just happened to be around afterwards when they were deciding on the Challenger.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Lethann
Org Profile

Post by Lethann » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:48 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:I really never thought Masters had anything to do with it. The fact that I was the Challenger the year after I won Masters was a coincidence, i think. And last year, Joe just happened to be around afterwards when they were deciding on the Challenger.
After talking with Quu last night, this is exactly what happened. He confirms that he is the lone judge of who gets to be challenger and that it was simply coincidence that it was the previous year's winner of Masters.

So basically, if you want to do Iron Chief, you have to bribe Quu and prove you don't mind having a couple hundred people watching over your shoulder and having the Judges poke fun at you while you're trying to work.

Which reminds me... Everone please encourage and buy stuff from the Sponcer this year. He REALLY wants to come back next year, and all he has to do is break even... but if he can't even do that then he can't justify doing it again next year. Also, they will be putting out a DVD with the DDR track and the Iron Chief vids on it. It will be avalable only for the cost of shipping I believe. More details will be on the sponcer's website and will be posted here eventually.
Shade and Sweetwater,
Lethann Aeda
(aka Quu's Wife)
The Silver Phoenix | My LiveJournal | My AMV-dot-org Profile

Kwasek
Org Profile

Post by Kwasek » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:35 pm

What's the link to the sponsers website? is it www.expertdv.com ?

if so I've been surfering around for that little controller that they gave Hsien and Joe and I can't find it on their site. I might be interested in buying that from them, possibly just help out on bringing them back. I think editors could be interested in that little device too.

Kwasek
Org Profile

Post by Kwasek » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:53 pm

http://www.expertdv.com/awa

There is the actual link for AWA.

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:34 pm

basically... its inperation

you have to impress me... and... it has to click...

I was wracking my brain... trying to figure out who would be a good challenger... honestly so many choices... and i was super worried they would nto show up next year (way to many awards getting mailed out

when I passed ian in the back of the vat... it just clicked...

I asked him... and he agreed...

that is basically how it work... right place, right time right editor...

I basically look for who will put on a good show... not who is "the best"

its a show after all... (of course you have to be good... )
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:13 pm

Quu wrote:basically... its inperation

you have to impress me... and... it has to click...

I was wracking my brain... trying to figure out who would be a good challenger... honestly so many choices... and i was super worried they would nto show up next year (way to many awards getting mailed out

when I passed ian in the back of the vat... it just clicked...

I asked him... and he agreed...

that is basically how it work... right place, right time right editor...

I basically look for who will put on a good show... not who is "the best"

its a show after all... (of course you have to be good... )
My Gosh! I thought you were on a two week ban from posting....

Vlad

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:45 am

Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

dji
Org Profile

Post by dji » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:51 am

Kwasek wrote:What's the link to the sponsers website? is it www.expertdv.com ?

if so I've been surfering around for that little controller that they gave Hsien and Joe and I can't find it on their site. I might be interested in buying that from them, possibly just help out on bringing them back. I think editors could be interested in that little device too.
Kwasek: in terms of this conversation.. the editing controller is made by "Contour Designs" ShuttlePro I belive is what its called.. I love it.. it's best $100 bucks I've spent so far for my editing system. You can buy it directly from website.. B&H or as Joe told me.. from the Apple Store.. or in spirit of this forum post.. ZPC/ExpertDV.

Everyone: For those who are going to use it on a Win2K or NT4 platform.. email me.. I have a little a script I use with it to fix the driver software when it goes south on me in premiere.. (you don't even need restart, it's great). Plus I've also gone through the effort of laying out my own configuration.. in case anyone wants a copy of my profiles for premiere and such.
"12 out of 10 crazy bald guys luv my new avatar!"

BigName
Org Profile

Post by BigName » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:11 am

the video guys have the shuttlepro controller for $89 and you can even get it for $69 from them if you buy a capture card, pretty good deal, bought mine at NAB 2001 when they first came out, pretty cool, works well with after effects and macromedia director so I'm happy...

http://www.videoguys.com/contour.htm

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:48 pm

FirestormXIII wrote:One day I'll be in the Iron Chef match...

But until then I'll go back under my rock and work on a vid that's good enough to get into the Pro contest 8)

lol exactly

Return to “AMV Contests”