Ummmm....

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:04 am

You know what actually might be more doable? A MegaMan project using a specific game...that way you could use the stage select screen, and have each person do a mix of that stage's music. Then maybe the Dr. Wily battle song for the finale.

Otherwise you're going to have a huge hodgepodge of random tracks. Like when you say you're going to do Contra, that could mean any one of 30 different songs! I think it'd be kind of weird just to have some random song from each different game. Aside from a few games like the original Zelda, a lot of games don't necessarily have a "main theme."
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Adiamante
Org Profile

Post by Adiamante » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:29 am

Thats a good point, but the remix of contra is just a 3 minute version of the whole soundtrack. Thats why I think they were going with remixes and not the originals.

But still its a thought that MJ will have to think over :wink:

I'm game for whatever he wants to do. Hell I don't even need a track I'll put them together for the final project if he needs me to.
-Adiamante
<a href="http://www.randomvariable.net">Random Variable Productions</a>

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:37 am

Mad props to anyone that attempts...

CLU CLU LAND. :shock:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:39 am

Kusoyaro wrote:You know what actually might be more doable? A MegaMan project using a specific game...that way you could use the stage select screen, and have each person do a mix of that stage's music. Then maybe the Dr. Wily battle song for the finale.
I know everyone's gonna try to snag every track from MM2...
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:46 am

Castor Troy wrote:
Kusoyaro wrote:You know what actually might be more doable? A MegaMan project using a specific game...that way you could use the stage select screen, and have each person do a mix of that stage's music. Then maybe the Dr. Wily battle song for the finale.
I know everyone's gonna try to snag every track from MM2...
Right, so you could easily have a MM2 Project in the bag pretty quickly, I think. And if that becomes a hit, do the other MM games, or other games in general.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:16 am

Wooohoo!!

No one has mentioned Double Dragon Yet!

DIBS! 8)

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:51 am

I have elected myself the holder of nes remixes. I spent 2 hours queing up and downloading ALL of the nes remixes from the OC site. If you have any remixes for nes games or sites PLEASE post them or get in contact with me on AIM. (nhmkamv)

I'd like to get all of them together... lol, like that's possible... :roll:

I have more leanings towards general game remixes as opposed to single game due to the limitation that puts on music choice (plus contra and metroid and others have simply awesome songs!)

Though mm2 does offer a good collection of remixes... a couple from a game would be great too. :)
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:52 am

I'll kill a man for Metroid. I swear it, I'll kill a man for metroid. does it matterhow many themes from a game there are? Because I'm a fan of the overworld theme rathr than the opening but I just want Metroid dammit.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:54 am

Otherwise you're going to have a huge hodgepodge of random tracks. Like when you say you're going to do Contra, that could mean any one of 30 different songs! I think it'd be kind of weird just to have some random song from each different game. Aside from a few games like the original Zelda, a lot of games don't necessarily have a "main theme."
You know that's very true. The only problem I see of doing something like Megaman is that it leaves us with about eleven or twelve tracks alone so that isn't much room for creators to jump on board for the project. We'd practically have to do a number of Megaman games all at once to allow a fair amount of creators in.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:16 pm

Also I think the goal is to have short songs, like with DDR... or cut the songs. I am going through the 13 HOURS(!) of songs now noting there usability for a dance-like project.

As for metroid, there are a few remixes of different songs, so I am sure there a few good ones... although knowing how awesome the music is people might still be in for a battle hahaha. :P

==========================================
Have a good nes remix or know a good site? (I have all from OC)
Contact me on aim (nhmkamv) and lemme know! :)
==========================================
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Return to “General AMV”