cosplay costume

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Yosho
Org Profile

cosplay costume

Post by Yosho » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:07 pm

Well, I figured since this has to do with anime and conventions I'd post this here...

I'm looking for a good site that has info about how to make costumes. Particularly, Fushigi Yuugi costumes. All I've found so far are sites that will make the costumes for you, and cosplay sites that only have pictures.

Can anyone help me out here? I don't have much time left. My friends keep ragging on me about this, and don't expect me to actually pull it off...

-Mike

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:15 pm

Welllllll, I haven't done any FY costumes yet, but their overall style is pretty much in line with what I like to do. :) (If that makes any sense.) So if you want to ask some specific questions about how you'd go about planning it, what to use, etc., I'll try to help you out. :)

I also make them, but my favorite part is figuring out how to translate 2D to 3D without spending unlimited money. ;)

Oh, and if you haven't looked at Cosplay Closet's Tips yet - http://www.cosplaycloset.com/TIP/TIPframe.html - I'd recommend that immediately. :)

Rising_Shadow
Org Profile

Bad Man

Post by Rising_Shadow » Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:40 pm

Don't suppose you can suggest a place online or a popular department store that would sell a pink mens button up shirt? :wink:
BAKA!!

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:50 pm

http://www.ebay.com ;)

Or buy a large girl's shirt that doesn't have much "fitting" to it, if you absolutely have to. O_o (Hey, we suffer for our "art". ;))

Or, this will work pretty well, if you can find a white cotton (cotton is important) shirt and some pink Rit fabric dye, available at some grocery stores and stuff like Wal-Mart in the laundry-detergent aisle, you can pretty easily dye it pink. (Has to be a natural fiber, because synthetic fibers like polyester don't absorb dye as well). Tried this to make lavender gloves for a Xelloss costume, worked quite well. :)

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:52 pm

im going as a guy with a stuffed panda on his head.

Rising_Shadow
Org Profile

panda??

Post by Rising_Shadow » Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:05 am

:idea: stuffed panda......hey were you at katsukon?
BAKA!!

Return to “Anime Conventions”