AWA 8 Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Re: Qua?

Post by mexicanjunior » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:42 pm

MCWagner wrote:The "mature" contest? Qua? What is this of which you speak?

(Jbone, Mexicanjunior...dudes...you raised your right hands and everything..... :? )
Doh! I saw nothing... :shock:

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Re: Expo Winners?

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:05 pm

anneke wrote:Here is the list of Expo winners I could get out of the list so far:

Best Action: Evangelion, The Lady's Got Potential
:shock:

I don't believe it but yaay! ^_^

Congrats to all the other winners!

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:11 pm

I know one of the Expo awards! :shock:

"A Day in the life of Roger Smith"
Big O
Dynamite Hack - Boyz in the hood

"Underground Award" with this addon: "for keeping it real" (quoted from tj and mcwagner both if I recall correctly)

Many thanks to the VAT crew! 8)
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Lethann
Org Profile

Official List of Winners

Post by Lethann » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:29 pm

Since I just happen to have it handy, here it is: (The pleasures of working VAT)

EXPO:

Underground Award for Keeping it Real: "A Day in the Life Of" by Tim Stair - "Boyz in the Hood " by Dynamite Hack to "Big - O"
Best Introspective: "Everybody's Free (To Watch Anime)" by Richard Cole - "Everybody's Free" by Baz Lurman to Various
Best Dark/Suspense: "Black Blood" by Teri Archibald - "Morte et Debo" from Ayashi No Ceres OST to "BLOOD The Last Vampire"
Best Sentimental: "Learning to Fly" by Teri Archibald - "Gunning Down Romance" by Savage Garden to "Please Save My Earth"
Best upbeat: "Scatman: The Definitive Biography" by Rachel Hessner, Hayley Gordon, Barry Hessner - "Scatman" by Scatman John to DragonBall Z
best trailer: "Evaman" by David Chan - The Spiderman Trailer to "Love Hina" and "Neon Genesis Evangelion"
best drama: Erwan Queffelec - "Give into me" by Michael Jackson to "Jin Roh"
best romance: "Gravity of Utena" by Isaac Frank Fischer - "Gravity of Love" by Enigma to "Utena the Movie"
best character profile: "Blackbird" by Elizabeth Palacios - "Blackbird" by The Beatles to "Now and Then, Here and There"
best artistic endeavor: "Pater Noster" by Marko Elezovic - "Vater Unser" by E Nomine to "Hellsing"
best comedy: "Happiness Dojo" by Brad Ayres - "Happiness Hotel" by The Muppets to "Ranma 1/2"
best tech: Jesse Glidewell - "Perfect Drug" by Nine Inch Nails to "Furi Kuri (FLCL)"
best timing: "The Princess and the Warrior" by Milan Villarreal - "Never Surrender" from First Knight to "Princesses Mononoke"
best action: "Eva met Peron" by Fung Weng Cheong (ShonenDizzyCow) - "The Lady's Got Potential" by Antonio Banderas from the Movie Evita to "Neon Genesis Evangelion"
best fight: "Smash Bitches" by Matt Wiseman - "The Bitches love me" to "Smash Brothers Melee"
Grand Prize: "Shameless Rock Video" by Ian Roberts - "Speed King" by Deep Purple to "Furi Kuri (FLCL)"

PRO:

Best Comedy: "Spectacular Anime" by Jessica Brunelle - "The Pitch" from Moulin Rouge to "Various"
Best Instrumental: "Critical instant" by Dave Peterson, R-2 Dinnan, Michael Hahn, Cassy Strawn - "Disco Science" by Mirwais to "Initinal D"
Best Romance: Brett Buchan - "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton to "Whispers of the Heart"
Best Various: "Transending Love" by Vlad G Pohnert - "Only an Ocean Away" by Sarah Brightman to Various
Best Artistic Endever AND Best Technical: "Arimashinjikun" by Ian Roberts - "To Cut A Long Story Short" by Spandau Ballet to "Evangelion" and "His and Her Circumstances"
Best Upbeat: "Shining Collection" by Victor Boruta III - "Shining Collection" by Iceman to "Ah! My Goddess"
Best Parody: "MSN3K" by Brad Demoss - "Mystery Science Theater 3000 Theme Song" by Best Brains to "Martian Successor Nadesico"
Best Drama: "Fathers and Sons" by Brian Palacios - "Still Fighting It" by Ben Folds to DragonBall Z
Best Character Profile: "Alone in the World" by Meredith "Meri" Cantoni & Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie - "I'm just a Kid" by Simple Plan to "Trigun"
Best Sentamental: "Because She..." by Daniel Araujo - "Thief" by Our Lady Peace to "Cowboy Bebop"
Best Dark/Suspense: Maria Cristina Battaglia - "Bare Island" by Hans Zimmer to "Berserk"
Best Action: "Secret agent man" by Charles Bathel - "James Bond Theme (remix)" by Moby to "Spriggen"
Best Video: "TriEngel" by Nathan Bezner, Jeff Heller - "Engel" by Rammstein to "Trigun"

MASTERS:

"My Lover's Gone" by Fred Graupp - "My Lover's Gone" by Dido to "Windaria"

FAN FAV:

"The Truth About Totoro" by Sushi Boy Jared - "Come to Daddy" by Aphex Twin to "Totoro"
Shade and Sweetwater,
Lethann Aeda
(aka Quu's Wife)
The Silver Phoenix | My LiveJournal | My AMV-dot-org Profile

Lethann
Org Profile

Re: Official List of Winners

Post by Lethann » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:35 pm

Lethann wrote:Since I just happen to have it handy, here it is: (The pleasures of working VAT)
NOTE: I *THINK* That this is all of them. Matt has the "Official" "official list". The only one that I'm not sure on is the "dark/suspence" one for expo...

anneke
Org Profile

ano?

Post by anneke » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:38 pm

I guess For Kaoru didn't win anything. oh well. I thought it odd it would be mentioned for something from Expo but wasn't in it. But it was nice to know, someone noticed it.

Anneke

Lethann
Org Profile

Post by Lethann » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:46 pm

*scraches head* Which one was that? It sounds famaliar but I can't place it... sawwy...
Shade and Sweetwater,
Lethann Aeda
(aka Quu's Wife)

You choose Sam,the rest
Org Profile

Re: Official List of Winners

Post by You choose Sam,the rest » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:04 pm

Lethann wrote: best trailer: "Evaman" by David Chan - The Spiderman Trailer to "Love Hina" and "Neon Genesis Evangelion"

..........Goody....... :(

anneke
Org Profile

Lethann

Post by anneke » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:54 pm

It was the one to a very odd folk like song, about how the Lady is in love with a Fool. All about Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin being in love with Kenshin.

I like your avatar!

Anneke

Lethann
Org Profile

Post by Lethann » Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:04 pm

Ahh.. that's probably why I didn't pay much attention to it. Sorry. After watching 13+ Kenshin videos I sorta stopped watching them. It sounds good though. I'll take a look at it after our 2 week break. I've sorta banned all AMVs from being played in the House for the next 2 weeks cause Quu and I need a break. ^_^
Shade and Sweetwater,
Lethann Aeda
(aka Quu's Wife)

Return to “AMV Contests”