AWA 8 Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
melezov
Org Profile

Hello AWA

Post by melezov » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:00 pm

anneke wrote:
"Artistic Endeavor: I forget the song, but it had Hellsing and actually included scenes from the Manga (kickass editing, by the way)."

I still cannot believe I won that... My hands are still shaking..

That German band's name was "E Nomine" and the song is "Vater Unser (Radio Edit)"

It was the second AMV I ever made.. and I truly didn't believe it will get this far.. This is a dream come true...

gambitt wrote:
"I dunno, that Croatian Initial D video got heavy play as well. It was
Croatian, right?"

If the AMV had lyrics "I'm slightly deranged" then the Footage used wasn't "Initial D" but "Excel Saga" the bands name is "The Beat Fleet"...
It's just that there aren't much Croatian AMVs out there.. could it be that people liked it?

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:10 pm

Best Introspective o_O Is that fancy for honorable mention hehe. I'm glad I won something, I only got to enter cuz they extended the online submissions a week.

anneke
Org Profile

What the?!

Post by anneke » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:57 pm

My video, For Kaoru won something or atleast was acknowledged, wow.
Thanks for letting me know. I guess I better go back and clean it up some, as I really put that video together very quickly (and it has several flaws for the technically minded people out there). It was a quick labor of love. It's just a character profile. I figured if I was going to be acknowledged for anything I would have been acknowledged for 'Most Yaoi videos submited'. <Grin> As I sent 3 of my 4 Yaoi videos to the convention. hehehe.

Anneke

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:07 pm

Wow. I cant believe Smash Bitches won Best Fight. Guess it was a good thing I submitted it, I wasn't even going to.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:18 pm

And how about the "mature" contest? :twisted:
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

BaHaRa
Org Profile

Post by BaHaRa » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:30 pm

scatman vid was in the upbeat catigory. :)

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=8058

--Rachael

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:56 pm

jbone wrote:And how about the "mature" contest? :twisted:
Yes, we must know those results. :twisted:

Congrats to all the winners!!! I loved all the videos in the contest and was extemely impressed with the way the contest was handled. I'll definitely be going back next year! :D

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:44 pm

MAS PRODUCTIONS wrote:Wow. I cant believe Smash Bitches won Best Fight. Guess it was a good thing I submitted it, I wasn't even going to.
man i must have more SMASH BITCHES =P
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

MCWagner
Org Profile

Qua?

Post by MCWagner » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:23 pm

The "mature" contest? Qua? What is this of which you speak?

(Jbone, Mexicanjunior...dudes...you raised your right hands and everything..... :? )

In all seriousness...that was a screening, not a contest. Any video entered in a contest competed in that contest. I lucked out in the end that the overly-mature videos didn't win awards, or I'd have been forced to do a "this one one....but I can't show it to you" at the ceremony. I wasn't kidding when I said the Fatboy slim video was a strong contender for best timing...

StudioKZ
Org Profile

Post by StudioKZ » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:37 pm

Incidentally, Wired, the Grainyness... It's intentional. Haven't you picked up on the fact that there is more than one way to express and idea or intention in Music Videos yet? Some of us out there are *TRYING* to be different. ;)
...IT'S <gasp>

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=89045
I love fatties. HOT FUCKING!

Return to “AMV Contests”