No Ani-Magic 2002 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
anneke
Org Profile

No Ani-Magic 2002 AMV Contest

Post by anneke » Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:47 pm

It has been decided that there will be no AMV contest for Ani-Magic 2002 this year. For those who don't know...I was fired from the position about a week ago. The Arroyo brothers were to take up the job of running the contest but have to many other duties to take care of. They and I aggree that it would be a unfair to the AMV creators to continue with the contest, as their art would not be displayed or handled in the manner and time it so deserves.

Sorry everybody.

I will be showing the videos in Febuary at a small Gaming convention at the LAX Westin on President's weekend. Contact me for more details.

Anneke

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:02 pm

Damn that sucks, although I do understand why it was cancelled since dividing the AMV contest amongst other jobs isn't always a good idea.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

neo eva
Org Profile

Post by neo eva » Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:04 am

Anneke, you're so great :D The Ani-magic AMV contest is at a loss without you. Hell, Ani-magic is at a loss.

So only 8 people entered?!

damn...
|<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 732">Click here if you care :3</a>-|-<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 19932">You don't wanna know...-.-</a>|

[Insert exceedingly large amazingly 1337 banner of D3WM here]

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:10 am

Well...Since Ani-Magic's contest went under...Submit to CSUN's...lol...Sorry for the spam...But Anneke Is one of the judges in this contest as well...=D

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... php?t=4240

anneke
Org Profile

Yep

Post by anneke » Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:43 am

Only 8 people entered and most I think 7 out of the 8 were amateurs. (They listed themselves as such) about 3 they were sending in their very first video. Which it's sad they had to start down the AMV road like this but what can you do when the head of the con is an idiot.

I can't wait for the CSUN contest.

Anneke

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:01 am

Same here...lol...But the thing is I've gotten a lot of promises to send...But no bodies acting...I'm getting kind of scared...SpPanda's contest had over 100 entries!...I was wowed...and I thought I could do the same...but I don't think I will be able to do that anymore...

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:33 am

My entries are heading in on Monday I think. No real time to develop a new video for the CSUN contest, so I'll be sending in the videos I sent to AWA. Since nothing got shown at AX this year, it'll be the first time they've been seen in this area.

Right now I'm trying to decide on the 4th video to send in.

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:35 am

Ikasu: Uhh, the deadline is still pretty far away so.. ya.. most ppl are lazy and wait till the last minute so keep yer head up there :O

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:48 am

Yeah, I'd like to get another video done to send in before getting you guy's my entries. Don't worry Ikasu, I'm sure those vids will start flowing in when the deadline gets closer. :D

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:42 pm

yup as that deadline gets closer and closer... more and more people will send them in.. *Cough*Slackers*Cough*

Man, am I the only one who actually sent in the max amount of videos so far? :shock:
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”