The 2006 VCAs Begin

FallenMarvel
For Dreams I Stand
Org Profile

Post by FallenMarvel » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:47 pm

i checked out the list of ppl who qulaify for the VCA's. I don't know why, but my name nor my videos aren't listed at all. All my videos uploaded checked out and are qualified. what's up with that.?
Instead of just saying something, have something to say.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:53 pm

I think so of the categories suggested don't need any additional reasons to be rejected... :roll:

Vlad

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:31 pm

kajin_phoenixlord wrote:i checked out the list of ppl who qulaify for the VCA's. I don't know why, but my name nor my videos aren't listed at all. All my videos uploaded checked out and are qualified. what's up with that.?
I have the same problem....

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:33 pm

Put JUBJUB on the lists! I can't just nominate Godix for most helpful. :shock:

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:27 pm

[quote="JudgeHolden"]Put JUBJUB on the lists! I can't just nominate Godix for most helpful. [/quote

lol. I can't change some of the ambiguous music entries from my noob beginnings (the songs or artist aren't in the database), so I'm outta the running. :oops:

Maybe 2007! ;)

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:07 pm

paizuri wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
Scintilla wrote:My personal favorites were "Best Use of Excessive Ellipses" and then "Best Use of Excessive Eclipses". :lol:

I'm a little disappointed though that so many categories this year were rejected without a reason... it (combined with the long stretch of time in which no categories were added to the list) makes it look like they were all done at the last minute.
Do any of these really need a reason? :roll:
If there are no reasons listed for rejection, just assume that the reason was "This category was not fat and sassy enough." How about that? :wink:
Guess I'll have to try harder next year.

tyromaniac
Org Profile

Post by tyromaniac » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:14 pm

My suggestion.... (different from other categories.)

Best Storyline
Videos that take you beyond the actual footage to recreate scenes in the way that the creator depicts should be given a well round of applause. The videos that are nominated for this category do not follow the actual anime storyline. For instance, Whisper of the Beast was one example where scenes were taken and put back together to give a different angle and entirely different story. This category would not all necessarily have to be entirely different from the anime, just represented in a different way. The video could show the same feeling, but it is brought about in a different way by altering a few things. I believe this category is necessary because the people who spend so long and put so much effort into creating something so different and yet it captures us in our entirety. (not the same as Most original, Most original only explains way of attacking a certain project or persuing it while this would depict a different image through editing.) (title may be changed due to lack of detail, maybe storyline is not the right word to use, but i feel it is a good one) Thank-you for your kind consideration. I appreciate your attention. :)
REASON REJECTED:

Where's the reason and why was it rejected? (I just restated the same thing...) anyway, mine was the most detailed and not for comical use, besides, it may make a good category. If its rejected leave a reason for crying out loud!

Schokey84
Org Profile

About "All Videos in Catalog..."

Post by Schokey84 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:12 pm

Hi, I'm new to this website, and I'm just getting use to things. I was wondering what it means to have "all videos in catalog." If someone could help me understand this, I'd be grateful! :)
***SChMOkEY84***

tyromaniac
Org Profile

Post by tyromaniac » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:19 pm

you probably won't win anyway so why do you care? anyway......... If you did win then you could kill me right here and now.

tyromaniac
Org Profile

Post by tyromaniac » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:22 pm

i difinetely wont win either, so im not saying I'm any better.....just to clear that up.

Return to “Site Announcements”