I have found a WORKING Final Fantasy X Video Ripper!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
zalas
Org Profile

Post by zalas » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:04 pm

Well, just cap it from the actual ps2 output :) Btw, pcsx2 is far from emulating real games, but perhaps in a few years? :D (in case your idea is still there at that time)

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:53 pm

Flea Of Terror wrote:Yes, I think so.
Your basically saying that its a bad thing so have found this program, I dont see why though.
The reason why is because now people are gonna use the clips to death. It'll be OK at first but then we'll have overkill on the clips after about a few months. But, I guess it's good in a way. Now people can actually watch the videos without going through the game sequences or going to the theater in Luca. Hey that's right, the ending is not viewable in Luca. So that's your main reason right there AbsoluteDestiny.

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Fri Jul 12, 2002 8:06 pm

Doesn't even work on mine. Not in premiere, not in VDub, not in Media Player, nothing.

I guess cause it's in its early stages. Ionno. Has no soundm, which is a real let down.

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:44 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:Now get me one for Metal Gear Solid 2 :P
That's not possible. All of MGS2 is rendered in realtime by the PS2 engine, so to "capture" ANYTHING from the game, you'd need a program that first emulates the PS2 hardware in order to render the polygons, and at the same time captures what it's rendering.

Well, I guess theoretically it's possible, but I don't believe any software like that will ever exist.
I think Castor was being sarcastic in order to make the bannana look endlessly. Atleast that's what I would have done. :lol:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:58 pm

DiemondDagger wrote:
Kusoyaro wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:Now get me one for Metal Gear Solid 2 :P
That's not possible. All of MGS2 is rendered in realtime by the PS2 engine, so to "capture" ANYTHING from the game, you'd need a program that first emulates the PS2 hardware in order to render the polygons, and at the same time captures what it's rendering.

Well, I guess theoretically it's possible, but I don't believe any software like that will ever exist.
I think Castor was being sarcastic in order to make the bannana look endlessly. Atleast that's what I would have done. :lol:
Hehe. :P

TheG-Man
Org Profile

Post by TheG-Man » Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:21 am

Cool littel porgram:) it works just fine for me:) now i just have to find something that will rip the audio form it and something to rip the movies off my ps1 and computer games so i can get the other FFs i have;)

otakuscotty
Org Profile

Post by otakuscotty » Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:35 am

why can't you just output the ps2 to your computer video card and press record... I do that all the time with my All In Wonder Raedon 7500 card. video quality looks fine to me.

-M_X_R-
Org Profile

Post by -M_X_R- » Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:52 pm

For more on the topic and programs about ps2 fmv's got to this website http://muzzleflash.da.ru/ and click on PSS Plex and this one as well http://www.megagames.com/ps2/ps2_utils.shtml and scroll down to the very bottom right at graphic tools :roll:

Flea Of Terror
Org Profile

Post by Flea Of Terror » Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:10 pm

The banana is back again! =D
lol

Anyway, well, this program was going to come along soon anyway.
As for TheG-Man, I uploaded the newer version shortly after posting the link, so download again, the new version rips the audio to a seperate audio file.

Also, I added a section to my website for downloads of programs like this. PSS Plex is awsome, I'll put it up there on monday. It can rip just about and video file from any game.

TheG-Man
Org Profile

Post by TheG-Man » Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:16 am

hey flea, i tried dowloading it again form your site, but i got the same exact one that i did befor. so i still dont have any audio. am i doing something wrong? :cry:

Return to “General AMV”