AWA is CON that you just can't miss!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:54 pm

MJADGPIAWTOMV was more like it... Mexican Junior And Dave Get Plastered In Atlanta With The Occasional Music Video! and BTW, MJ says he feels like hes gonna puke all weekend, but never does, even though he gets plastered and eats greasy food every night, _UNTIL_ we are bout to leave, and he's just standing there talking, and suddenly turns his head and spews on the ground, and everyone is all like "The Fuck?"
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:56 pm

Declan_Vee wrote:I just got back from the travel agent, to get a very rough estimate for next year. Hmm it's not all that much. I might have been able to make this one. Two Questions...
1) Carlos, how many ugly girls?
2) Do they sell Red Bear in the US?
DannyWilson wrote:Well, I'm not the almighty Carlos, but I can say, there were alot more good looking girls as a ratio to 400 lb otaku that hadn't bathed in 3 weeks than I expected... and there were a few camwhore skanks, but other than that, there were alot of cuties.

Good god people! I didn't get any ugly girls! At least not on camera anyway :P

Big Big Truck wrote:I went "SUCK MY DICK! .... oh wait, I don't have a dick. But if I had a dick I'd tell you to suck it! SO SUCK MY METAPHORICAL DICK!"

I remember that. I was out there with you and Bezner for a while until I went to the VAT room. Man that guy is crazy but hes hilarious.

Damnit! I'm still on AWA High and I don't want it to go away!!! :shock:

jescaflowne
Org Profile

Post by jescaflowne » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:05 am

Grungetta wrote: A special thanks to Jescaflowne for consideratley finishing off my drink for me, while I wiped berry-bile off my shirt.

THANKS AWA PUNCH!
Wha?? I didn't know you ran off to puke! And I had such high drinking standards set for you! In the end I wish I hadn't finished your punch. I haven't had a hangover like that in a LONG time. Though I suppose I was already doomed at that point anyhow.

All I can say is ABSINTHE!!! AD is outta control. Thank god I was still to ill to have more than a sip of that stuff, I prolly would've ended up seeing more than just green faeiries. Ugh. Toxic ectoplasm.
Men should be like Kleenex. Soft, strong and disposable.

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:15 am

jescaflowne wrote:All I can say is ABSINTHE!!! AD is outta control. Thank god I was still to ill to have more than a sip of that stuff, I prolly would've ended up seeing more than just green faeiries. Ugh. Toxic ectoplasm.

Your one to talk. He gave me a whole glass of ABSINTHE all to myself. He told me that it had some kind of special herb in it.

I think it was Zabet who later told me "Oh it has Marijuana in it" :shock:

I quote AD when he told me this afterwards:

"Your going to get a high feeling that your drunk but at the same time your going to be relaxed as if you just smoked marijuana" :shock:

ABSINTHE + James's AWA Punch = ONE HELL OF A GREAT TIME!!!

Of course unlike Jessica, I remembered to drink plenty of fluids.
Speaking of which...are you feeling better jessica? You looked liek shit at the AWA Expo/Pro Awards. Hope everythign was ok :D

jescaflowne
Org Profile

Post by jescaflowne » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:31 am

Machine wrote:Of course unlike Jessica, I remembered to drink plenty of fluids.
Speaking of which...are you feeling better jessica? You looked liek shit at the AWA Expo/Pro Awards. Hope everythign was ok :D
Yes, I felt and looked like complete shit at the pro-awards. I was surprised I even made it there.

PUKE STORY:

When we got back to the hotel at god knows what hour on Friday, Paizuri tried to get me to drink a lot of water. I think I managed one glass before I passed out.
Saturday morning I thought my head was going to explode. I somehow managed to lose all my Excedrin (which I never leave the house without). Then, for the first time since my 21st birthday, I felt that horrible need to rush to the bathroom. Unlike Hsien, I managed to make it to the toilet. But it really didn't matter since I had hardly eaten anything the day before and ended up having the dry heaves. Yes, I know it's gross. So I downed a ton of water. Puked all the water up a half hour later. Laid down 'till 3pm at which time Paizuri reminded me that the pro-awards were at 4. Somehow managed to survive showering, getting ready and walking over to the con.

Someone had aspirin on them - whoever you are THANK YOU! That helped a ton. And by the time the Pro award peeps had to take to the stage I was able to stand without assistance.

I felt mostly OK at Iron Chef, but I wasn’t going to taking any chances with the absinthe. I took a sip just cuz I didn’t know how many chances I’d have in my life to try it. To me, it tasted like a mix of really strong sake and rubbing alcohol. LOL And no, there isn’t marijuana in it, I believe it gets it’s small hallucinogenic effects from something called Wormwood (but don’t quote me on it). The stuff is like 75% alcohol anyway, so even without the wormwood you’d be drunk. Maybe we can find a recipe for a magical absinthe punch concoction next year! ::puke::
Men should be like Kleenex. Soft, strong and disposable.

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:07 am

[quote="jescaflowne] LOL And no, there isn’t marijuana in it, I believe it gets it’s small hallucinogenic effects from something called Wormwood (but don’t quote me on it). The stuff is like 75% alcohol anyway, so even without the wormwood you’d be drunk. Maybe we can find a recipe for a magical absinthe punch concoction next year! ::puke::[/quote]

It does get it from wormwood, but the alcohol has a different purpose other than to just get you just plastered, it pulls the mind altering drug out of the wormwood, and concentrates it in the drink. Absinthe production (not consumption) is illegal in alot of states, but the south seems to hold on to the idea of allowing anyone to make it, thats why the hell you see it all the time in Loisiana, especially New Orleans.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:51 am

Absinthe?

man I've lived here for over 10 years and have yet to run into any....

maybe I'm just at all the wrong parties...

heck I lived in texas for 9 years before Georgia... Of course then I was very young... but still...

Big Big Truck
Org Profile

Post by Big Big Truck » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:10 am

I'd heard interesting things about the absinthe, but my recoil-and-hiss reaction to all things licorice kept me away... I appreciated the offer though 8)
(insert fannishly mangled rap lyric here)

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:14 am

Ian needs to bring more of that stuff next year.

Since its him and Hsien for Iron Chef next year (UK vs US) that Absinthe would work wonders as a secert ingredient for both of them.

I wonder what type of things they coudl edit with that stuff in their systems :twisted:

temaranight
Org Profile

Post by temaranight » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:14 am

*note to self* AWA sounds like the place to stay sober and laugh at all the drunks.. 8)
If you've ever seen ep 10 of Trigun..well..that's one reason this Milly doesn't get drunk anymore! LOL :P
Still sounds like eveyone, especially DannyW. :twisted: had a great time!

Return to “Anime Conventions”