AWA is CON that you just can't miss!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.

Postby bloodyfang » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:19 pm

LOL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey i think i remember seeing one of the MTT guys constantly leaving/ entering the AMV room.

oh and we can't forget these two losers

Ignore the idiot with green hair makin the peace sign =P
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel
bloodyfang

Postby bloodyfang » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:21 pm

one of the funnier moments : seein Mr. Thumbs ups man himself jumping out of his chair to go get the award with the MTT people...at least i think it was MTT... i such a newb =O
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel
bloodyfang

Postby Lord Rae » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:14 pm

hehe...
the only real room party I made it to was on Friday night but it wasn't much of a "party" in that sense... still loads of fun.....

lady next door was sleeping or something similar...

Wonka, Beowulf, Fluxy, MJ and others were sitting around Joe and Jason's room (I can't be positive but Buddy Christ, buddy lee and Comic the insult comic dog were relaxing on the tv...) Plus Jason was sitting by the window eating pizza... anyway.. so we sat there waxing nostalgic about amvs and the like.... updating a few folks on the OV situation.... and more non party mood stuff...

Hsien and the MTT crew were sitting by the door letting people in and the room pretty much reached capacity shortly therafter.....
To avoid the crowd a few of us left... walked around.... bet on whether Carlos was eating at waffle house or if he even planned to come back at all... but that was the closest I came to the partying amv makers...

I found Fluxy, neogohan and mj at about 2 am as I returned from the gas station with more orange juice for my girfriend and me.... I really wanted to be like "hey lets gather some folks up and go up to my room for some good old fashioned drinking but I was A) tired and B) only in possesion of 4 shots worth of vodka... not much for a party as it had all been used up in the time before that.....

next year I will be prepared!

heh.

how did I manage to avoid pictures? I was like right off camera in every one of those?!?!
Lord Rae

Postby Dannywilson » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:29 pm

The funniest shit is, Carlos actually did go to the waffle house with that one girl Molly, and Big Dave the ultimate 5th wheel... lol then he and Big Dave caught up with me in the smoking area or something and we went upstairs, and Bunny ears was drinking the bourbon Dave bought for himself... Dave goes "Gimme that!" and chugs 1/2 a bottle of bourbon in like 15 seconds, James Belushi style.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us
Dannywilson

Postby Declan_Vee » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:18 pm

I just got back from the travel agent, to get a very rough estimate for next year. Hmm it's not all that much. I might have been able to make this one. Two Questions...
1) Carlos, how many ugly girls?
2) Do they sell Red Bear in the US?
AMV Search | AMV Guides
AMV Live. "It's like Iron Chef, only too many cooks will spoil the broth"
Declan_Vee
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby Dannywilson » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:27 pm

Well, I'm not the almighty Carlos, but I can say, there were alot more good looking girls as a ratio to 400 lb otaku that hadn't bathed in 3 weeks than I expected... and there were a few camwhore skanks, but other than that, there were alot of cuties.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us
Dannywilson

Postby Big Big Truck » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:34 pm

Wow, was I the ONLY one who didn't drink way too much this year? I thought it was supposed to be the other way around :D

I guess the only embarrassing story I have is when (and Nathan, you might not remember this) a bunch of us were joking around out on the patio late late Friday, and ... aagh, god, I forget exactly what, but Nightowl was talking smack, and I went "SUCK MY DICK! .... oh wait, I don't have a dick. But if I had a dick I'd tell you to suck it! SO SUCK MY METAPHORICAL DICK!" :P

Smack talk is fun.

Also: I did actually make an appearance on videotape, but only because I got to wear sunglasses and didn't have to move or talk. :D

Next year I'm going to have:
1. actual completed videos to show
2. an Artist's Alley table so I will be in ONE PLACE rather than 6 places at a time during the day.

It was GREAT meeting all you talented and funny AMV creators. I had a blast hanging out with all of you at the con and at Kiku's.

Now, I sleep the sleep of the dead.
(insert fannishly mangled rap lyric here)
Big Big Truck

YEAH BABY~!

Postby rys » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:35 pm

paizuri wrote:

Except from rys. Thanks for the hug in the elevator, man. Could've done without the reacharound though.
I heard the two of you kissed.

Jeez Brain... Wouldn't you! You're just jealous...
rys

Postby klinky » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:36 pm

Dudes AWA got nothing on AWAKH(Anime Weekend At Klinky's House). I did stuff like, sleep alot, and play medal of honor, and then I messed with After Effects particle engine, and then I slept some more. There was bacon involved also, BACON!

~klinky
klinky

Postby Big Big Truck » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:47 pm

Just read the rest of the thread. Hee! Looks like I missed out on a lot of fun by going to bed before 4. Blah! I am teh old!

Big Dave chugging all that rum(?) was indeed impressive. "John Be-lu-shi! John Be-lu-shi!"

It kicked ass to see everyone I knew from before, and to meet so many new faces I'd only seen in photos or in text. Thank you all so, so much for being so nice to me. :3

I'm getting the photos developed tomorrow. Will post the best ones here.

Goodnight, all. :wink:
(insert fannishly mangled rap lyric here)
Big Big Truck

Postby Dannywilson » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:54 pm

MJADGPIAWTOMV was more like it... Mexican Junior And Dave Get Plastered In Atlanta With The Occasional Music Video! and BTW, MJ says he feels like hes gonna puke all weekend, but never does, even though he gets plastered and eats greasy food every night, _UNTIL_ we are bout to leave, and he's just standing there talking, and suddenly turns his head and spews on the ground, and everyone is all like "The Fuck?"
Dannywilson

Postby Machine » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:56 pm

Declan_Vee wrote:I just got back from the travel agent, to get a very rough estimate for next year. Hmm it's not all that much. I might have been able to make this one. Two Questions...
1) Carlos, how many ugly girls?
2) Do they sell Red Bear in the US?

DannyWilson wrote:Well, I'm not the almighty Carlos, but I can say, there were alot more good looking girls as a ratio to 400 lb otaku that hadn't bathed in 3 weeks than I expected... and there were a few camwhore skanks, but other than that, there were alot of cuties.

Good god people! I didn't get any ugly girls! At least not on camera anyway :P

Big Big Truck wrote:I went "SUCK MY DICK! .... oh wait, I don't have a dick. But if I had a dick I'd tell you to suck it! SO SUCK MY METAPHORICAL DICK!"

I remember that. I was out there with you and Bezner for a while until I went to the VAT room. Man that guy is crazy but hes hilarious.

Damnit! I'm still on AWA High and I don't want it to go away!!! :shock:
Machine

Postby jescaflowne » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:05 am

Grungetta wrote: A special thanks to Jescaflowne for consideratley finishing off my drink for me, while I wiped berry-bile off my shirt.

THANKS AWA PUNCH!

Wha?? I didn't know you ran off to puke! And I had such high drinking standards set for you! In the end I wish I hadn't finished your punch. I haven't had a hangover like that in a LONG time. Though I suppose I was already doomed at that point anyhow.

All I can say is ABSINTHE!!! AD is outta control. Thank god I was still to ill to have more than a sip of that stuff, I prolly would've ended up seeing more than just green faeiries. Ugh. Toxic ectoplasm.
Men should be like Kleenex. Soft, strong and disposable.
jescaflowne

Postby Machine » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:15 am

jescaflowne wrote:All I can say is ABSINTHE!!! AD is outta control. Thank god I was still to ill to have more than a sip of that stuff, I prolly would've ended up seeing more than just green faeiries. Ugh. Toxic ectoplasm.

Your one to talk. He gave me a whole glass of ABSINTHE all to myself. He told me that it had some kind of special herb in it.

I think it was Zabet who later told me "Oh it has Marijuana in it" :shock:

I quote AD when he told me this afterwards:

"Your going to get a high feeling that your drunk but at the same time your going to be relaxed as if you just smoked marijuana" :shock:

ABSINTHE + James's AWA Punch = ONE HELL OF A GREAT TIME!!!

Of course unlike Jessica, I remembered to drink plenty of fluids.
Speaking of which...are you feeling better jessica? You looked liek shit at the AWA Expo/Pro Awards. Hope everythign was ok :D
Machine

Postby jescaflowne » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:31 am

Machine wrote:Of course unlike Jessica, I remembered to drink plenty of fluids.
Speaking of which...are you feeling better jessica? You looked liek shit at the AWA Expo/Pro Awards. Hope everythign was ok :D

Yes, I felt and looked like complete shit at the pro-awards. I was surprised I even made it there.

PUKE STORY:

When we got back to the hotel at god knows what hour on Friday, Paizuri tried to get me to drink a lot of water. I think I managed one glass before I passed out.
Saturday morning I thought my head was going to explode. I somehow managed to lose all my Excedrin (which I never leave the house without). Then, for the first time since my 21st birthday, I felt that horrible need to rush to the bathroom. Unlike Hsien, I managed to make it to the toilet. But it really didn't matter since I had hardly eaten anything the day before and ended up having the dry heaves. Yes, I know it's gross. So I downed a ton of water. Puked all the water up a half hour later. Laid down 'till 3pm at which time Paizuri reminded me that the pro-awards were at 4. Somehow managed to survive showering, getting ready and walking over to the con.

Someone had aspirin on them - whoever you are THANK YOU! That helped a ton. And by the time the Pro award peeps had to take to the stage I was able to stand without assistance.

I felt mostly OK at Iron Chef, but I wasn’t going to taking any chances with the absinthe. I took a sip just cuz I didn’t know how many chances I’d have in my life to try it. To me, it tasted like a mix of really strong sake and rubbing alcohol. LOL And no, there isn’t marijuana in it, I believe it gets it’s small hallucinogenic effects from something called Wormwood (but don’t quote me on it). The stuff is like 75% alcohol anyway, so even without the wormwood you’d be drunk. Maybe we can find a recipe for a magical absinthe punch concoction next year! ::puke::
Men should be like Kleenex. Soft, strong and disposable.
jescaflowne

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Conventions