Ohayocon Finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:38 am

Wow .. I made .. Is the world coming to an end? lol Congrats to the other finalists! Wow, it's an honor to be in with you guys! :D

JH[/i]

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:21 am

Oh hey, if it's on Friday night that must mean it will be followed by Anime Hell and Midnight Madness. Cool! I'll be able to get set up for Hell and watch the screening.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:11 pm

VicBond007 wrote:I'm reconfiguring the firewall at work, so right now I can't download the latest schedule, but I believe that the contest screening is from 7pm to 10pm Friday. The contest is only 2 hours long though, and we will be using the first hour for setup/random stuff. We're trying to get a second screening in sometime on Saturday, as well as an overflow screening, but unless I figure out some way to integrate cosplay into the event, I doubt the staff will even acknowledge my requests...again.
Thanks for the info, even if it is off it'll help a bunch with planing our non-con events... I totally feel your pain though. I had to fight tooth n nail to keep our contest at youmacon in main programing, and stealing an extra hour away from cosplay events wasn't an easy task either. Sadly, I lost the fight to move Iron Editor to a bigger room because cosplay was using it. I feel I will also loose the battle once again this comming year in that respect, despite how cramped that room was this past year.

Great job with the work anyway. I know there's a lot involved. And I look forward to some good competition and a great showing at the con ^^
ImageImageImageImage

RichLather
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:14 pm

First off, I'm not going to be a jerk and complain about this; I'd just like to find out what went wrong.

My video, while listed here as a finalist for the contest, did not make it onto the ballot. I was unable to attend the showings so I cannot say if it was ever shown at all. Truth be told, I entered the contest merely to serve as a springboard for getting my creative juices flowing again and didn't expect to be a winner but to find out after the fact that my place in the finals never actually happened is an annoyance.

But like I said, I just hope to get an explanation and bear no rancor towards either the results or the work of those who did win, nor do I seek to go on the warpath towards those who ran the contest--absolutely not. I understand the constaints and obstacles placed in this contest's path.

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:44 am

Apparently what happened, was the contest was mis-timed, so after I made the announcement, I had to drop the lowest video on the list, and yours was it. I intended to sneak it back into the playlist at the con, even though it'd push us over the 2 hour mark because I felt bad about it afterwards (seeing as I've been critical of Otakon in the past for releasing "the list v.1...v.2...v.3...") but with all the cleanup work I was doing, I forgot. It's totally my fault and I am sorry, for what it's worth :oops:
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

RichLather
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:52 am

No problem, Vic. Thanks for the prompt response!

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:23 am

So does anyone have the results of the contest?

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:31 am

Did any other videos get dropped?

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:33 pm

Here's what I got from the winners from memory. I might have a few of the best and runner ups mixed up because my memory might be clouded by what I would have chosen. So if I am wrong, feel free to correct me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Action -

Best:
Graven Image - Astro Boy Forever
Runner up:
Lil' Yakka Productions - Hunted

Drama -

Best:
Rone - Hindsight
Runner up:
Pwolf's Anime Music Videos - As the World Crashes Down

Comedy -

Best:
Guy Letourneau - The Chibi Things that Met Ma Deuce
Runner Up:
Dark Side Productions - Fanboy Agony

Romance -

Best:
Sojiro - Mai-Yuuichi (Kiss from a Rose)
Runner Up:
Electric Leech Productions - Otaku Anthem

Upbeat -

Best:
NG Silver and Friends - Dance!!!
Runner Up:
Brakus JS Productions - I Am Fullmetal

Trailer -

Best:
Pwolf's Anime Music Videos - Ace Combat Zero Trailer #3
Runner Up:
Rone - Reunion

Staff Pick -

SSGWNBTD - The Wind Beneath my Guts
ImageImageImageImage

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:48 pm

Thanks for the info .... Congrats to the winners! I'm just happy to have been in the finals with such amazing videos. :D

Return to “AMV Contests”