Animasia: The First Instrumentality Project

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:29 pm

Sweet, I've been following this one for a while. Thought you guys might never finish. Now I just have to wait for 56k to finish getting it.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:51 pm

Some of you really took advantage of the fact you weren't constrained by lyrics and those were great tracks. Others of you did nothing more than boring mindless beatsync, apparently some editors need more than 21 months to make a decent video. Overall the project was 'meh' with moments of 'that's cool'.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:09 pm

godix wrote: Others of you did nothing more than boring mindless beatsync, apparently some editors need more than 21 months to make a decent video.
Note that in the description, it's noted that most videos themselves were done for well over a year. In fact all my tracks were done by April 2004 :roll:

Otherwise, eh. I guaranteed nothing. But I don't thing we'll pretend to have been doing something for the whole 21 months...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:27 pm

Getting both as I type. I'll find a way to get ahold of the DVD set if I like it well enough. I'll probably have to get in touch with Bakadeshi directly to get everything, though. Fucking constraints of being under 18 :/

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:39 pm

Actually I don't quite know if it's worth downloading since I already know like half of it. I guess I'll at least watch the first one, but I somehow get the impression that it's just standalone instumentalvideos taped together and that'd be nothing to special. Well I'll better get an impression before complaining. /me dls pt.1

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:19 pm

JEBUS!

and no thats not a good thing... well kinda... i've only seen the first part and here is my gripe:

TRACKS ARE TOO LONG! granted thats only 2 tracks. if felt like you guys are trying to bore the viewer.... The first track was great, but way too long for a MEP, imo. By the time the track was over i was ready to stop the player and continue watching Band of Brothers. but i continued watching instead...

The other track was the FLCL one. it was way way way to long. I thought it was great in the begining and then the tone shifted and i got alittle chuckle... then it kept going and going. it was looking like a lot of filler and ike the editor was BSing so i skipped... and skipped, and skipped until i realized most of the second half of this part of the project was this one video. i think the coordinator should've had a max track length that was reasonable and short enough to keep viewers interested even when slow/boring tracks are playing...

gona watch the second one in a few, i hope there arn't any long tracks.

Pwolf

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:21 pm

ok, now looking at the track list for the second one, i know it's gona be long... lets hope i don't get bored -_-

Pwolf

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:23 pm

you have redeamed yourselves!

part2 was amazing i must say. though the tracks were long, the editing was suberb. great job :P do far my real only gripe is the FLCL track...

Pwolf

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:25 pm

I've actually been tring to come up with something to write here since I downloaded the complete project (both parts) this morning. There are just so many little details mostly pros, one or two cons. I loved the commentaries, gave the project that Fantasia feel. Plus, I get a description of the vid AND I don't have to read anything.

The fact that it was a series of full lenght videos was another plus in my opinion. This actually helped keep my interest thoughout the 1.5 hour runtime. That said, the FLCL track was too long. However, that's more of a video specific complaint. I also think it was a mistake to stick End of All Eva next to The Wasteland. There were some repeat scenes, and that's always annoying.

My favorite track was Nightmare, but Simplicity also ranked highly. Both were videos I'd seen before. There were some real tear jerkers thrown in to the mix, solid action, and one video way over my head. I'm lookin' at you Oto. So, overall I really enjoyed the project and that's about all I can come up with for this post.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:29 pm

Pwolf wrote: do far my real only gripe is the FLCL track...

Pwolf
Oh god! The creator of that track was right when he told me it was subpar in comparison to all the others. How ironic! :lol:

I still need to watch part 2. :roll:
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”