AMV Software Lists

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Ainariel-hime
Org Profile

Post by Ainariel-hime » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:24 am

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I browsed the program lists, and didn't find reference to this question:
What could you use to convert .mkv and .ogm files to mpeg or avi? Because what I have is subtitled, and for some reason, VirtualDubMod (version 5.6.10 I think) doesn't like this, and won't open it. I'd just need to convert it so it doesn't have the subs any more, so I can edit it in another program.
This is my first time making a non-subbed AMV (after some subbed ones), so I'm sorry if I'm not very experienced in this field.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Ainariel-hime
Org Profile

Post by Ainariel-hime » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:43 pm

Ainariel-hime wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but I browsed the program lists, and didn't find reference to this question:
What could you use to convert .mkv and .ogm files to mpeg or avi? Because what I have is subtitled, and for some reason, VirtualDubMod (version 5.6.10 I think) doesn't like this, and won't open it. I'd just need to convert it so it doesn't have the subs any more, so I can edit it in another program. Is there a free program that can do this? (I'm a student, without a job)
This is my first time making a non-subbed AMV (after some subbed ones), so I'm sorry if I'm not very experienced in this field.

Thank you in advance for your help!
[MOD432: The updated version of this topic is here.]

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”