AWA is CON that you just can't miss!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Machine
Org Profile

AWA is CON that you just can't miss!

Post by Machine » Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:36 pm

OK, Let's see if I can get all of this in order.

MJ and Tim Stair (Fluxmeister) greeted me at the airport when I got into atlanta. Dave picked us up and we headed over to their room to drop off my stuff since I wasnt going to check into my hotel yet. I grabbed their bottle of Jack Daniels and chugged about 1/4 of the bottle to loosen up as I would be meeting everyone really soon!

Once we got to the hotel, we all went up to the VAT room where I met up with everyone: Jonathan, Willem, Julian, and MJ. The following consists of character profiles of people who I met for the first time during the whole con. So here they are as follows.

Tim Stair (Fluxmeister) - This guy is just awesome and funny as hell. I remember he would somehow always sneak into MJ's and Jonathan's hotel room adn know one knew how he did it. But it was awesome to hang around with him. An awesome video creator and one with an awesome sense of humor!

Vlad - The AMV Guru makes his return to AWA! It was great talking to him again. The DDR doc we did ended up being a great success. The footag is awesome. I gotta send it over to him ASAP. Good stuff. His Star Trek video RULES!

Hsien Lee (Kusoyaro) - came prepared and determined to win AWA Iron Chef. For what he made in 2 hours...its was just fucking amazing! Plus he managed to throw up friday night and pass out on the floor. Poor Guy. But damn it was great to see and talk to him again

Lee Thompson (lostboy) - I finally met him for the first time and he is a damn cool guy . Old school Creator with Brad Demoss on the panel. Had some great stuff to show and a very mellow guy.

Nathan Bezner (NightOwl) - One word describes this guy. "Crazy". This guy was so awesome...even when he had too much to drink. Hhahah. Got some pics with him during the parties. Now he's a guy you can learn alot from when it comes to film making. Defiently a mentor worth talking to.

Joe Crosdaile (Maboroshi) - This guy was just to much! I earned the name "Red Rocket" from him since he thinks I have too much sexual frustration. Hahahha. His Ubernostrum Iron Chef AMV was just fucking awesome. Made the whole room laugh. Great guy in person.

Jason Salce (RYS) - Awesome guy who knows how to make a mean cooler of Punch with Everclear and Vodka. Great stuff and one of the better Triumph comedies to be caught on tape. Great Guy!

William Milberry (Aluminum) - The mentor I was afraid of meeting but in the end turned to be one of the best to hang around with. I chatted with him about some videos and he demonstrated for us how to crush a can on your head while not feeling a thing. WOW!

Justin Emereson (Ermac) - The MAC had some great moves up his sleeve. Looks like all those hard hours of DDR finally paid off. He won the DDR competion. Man that had to be tiring as hell. Had lunch with him friday at Ruby Tuesdays. I'm glad he was able to make it for AWA.

Molly Kips (Himiko) - Had a blast with her. Had mementos with her that I'll treasure for a long time. I hope I get to see her again soon.

Ian Roberts (Absolute Destiny) - The man from the UK! and the Shameless Legend Himself. He gave a small speech as he received his awards for the AWA Expo/Pro which I'll never forget. "Thank you everyone, for letting me be a part of this great family." Words one takes to heart and never fogets!

More than Toast - I think they only preson I didnt have a chance to talk to as Grungetta. But I did meet Kwasek, Akimbo, and Zabet. Wow, MTT rules! The nicest people you will ever meet in the world!

Shit who else am I missing??
If I missed you, dont worry! I havent forgotte, but my brain isnt at 100% right now. Lack of sleep and too much alcohol fucks with ur brain in mroe ways then one!

But damn it was awesome! This is a CON you just cannot miss!

I'm sure as people start getting back form it that they will post their own thoughts as well.

AWA Doc and Pictures will come up later in the future. :D

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:53 pm

I too am going to try and make AWA next year!! ^_^
I'll be at AKon next year!
ImageImage

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:58 pm

I will be at Akon next year as well but I wish I could be at AWA.

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:04 pm

Doesn't everyone... >_<
Hope to see you at AKon!! 8)
ImageImage

temaranight
Org Profile

Post by temaranight » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:31 pm

I will..by any means nessicary...be at AWA next year... :twisted: I don't care if I have to walk! And sleep on the sidewalk! I am going next year! It's only 7 hours away from me and if I had had even the slightest bit of extra cash..I would have been there at least one day! So next year is a must!

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:43 pm

Oh yea I forgot to tell you guys.

Nathan Bezner bought EK's Fail Expereiments drawings for $400

Not a bad purchase if I do say so myself :D

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:52 pm

:shock: Man!!!!!

*bows down to Nathan*

Very good purchace!!!
ImageImage

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:57 pm

I can't decide which con to go to next year.... AWA or Akon...

Akon has lesbians though..
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:03 pm

heh.. who was a sitting beside during expo and pro? I have no idea who that was and i don't mean dave.

and you did forget me. not that i can't blame oyou. didn't really make myself known =/
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:12 pm

Next year, bloody hell, next year I'll have the money for AWA.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “Anime Conventions”