New Org Sister Site Launches

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:20 pm

Another typo (in the banner):
A community web site for independant musical artists and fans...
And I stumbled over this opening phrase:
This is the beta launch of this new site all about music...
I don't want to sound too pedantic (especially around here!), but you might want to look into getting a professional Web site builder. It's a great idea, but unlike the launch of the Org, this field is already populated with players. See Pump Audio, for example, or Sony's ACIDPlanet.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:20 pm

Hey,
TaranT wrote:...this field is already populated with players. See Pump Audio, for example, or Sony's ACIDPlanet.
Pump Audio seems to be just an agent service with no way to have fans download music directly. Plus you might or might not even be able to use Pump Audio since you have to submit work and then be accepted, maybe.

ACIDPlanet seems to revolve around the ACID software and does not appear to allow direct sales of music to fans. They seem to be a gateway to labels instead of a place to keep independent musicians independent. Plus it's run by Sony.

New Music House, on the other hand, is meant to keep musicians fully independent if they want to remain independent by giving them a way to sell (or give away) their works online directly to fans. This is the major difference between us and them. Bands can still be discovered on NMH just like any other site.

I have been looking for a site like New Music House for a long time, but I haven’t found anything like it with all the features our site will offer yet. If you find a site like it, please let me know and I’ll check it out.

I hope this helps.

Phade.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:06 pm

Hehe. I already pimped this as much as I could after I got home from AWA. XD

Nice to see you finally officially announcing it, though. I didn't think you would. =P
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Awesome ^_^

Post by ZaCloud » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:11 pm

This is a wonderful thing you're doing for aspiring artists everywhere. ^_^

I've left a rather big suggestion on the board there, hehe. :)

Big huge thanks for making that site. I might know a couple folks who can benefit from it, as well as myself since I absolutely love discovering music I'd never have otherwise heard. (That's what a-m-v.org has done for me in many cases; if not for several amvs I'd never have heard of Placebo or Megaherz.) Now we've got a legal and beneficial way for truly new artists to be discovered. :)

And starting it from a-m-v.org roots is even better, cuz I'm sure many of the amv downloaders feel the same joy of discovery, thus will be eager to help give the artists exposure. ^_^

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:53 pm

I think that maybe MySpace might be your biggest competition o.0

DTJB
Org Profile

Post by DTJB » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:56 pm

Sounds interesting, I'll definitely check this place out. I think a couple bands in my town would enjoy knowing about it.
downwithpants wrote:and will they get an OT forum?
Contrary to what you may have been told, OT forums have never existed, nor will they ever exist. :roll:
Probably too busy to be here right now.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:03 pm

Technical issue: some passwords that are valid in the forum are not valid for the main site.

OniZabuza
Org Profile

Post by OniZabuza » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:27 pm

I just registered on the site as a musician (my website is http://www.bheded.com). And I like the idea. But I see one problem with the whole project.

You won't have a problem attracting bands, of course. Who doesn't want to sell their MP3s for money?

But why would fans pay money for each MP3 downloads of independent artists from newmusichouse.com when they could get a larger (and at first immensely larger) selection of independent MP3s from SoundClick.com? Of course, some songs there aren't available for download, but I that just about everything I want, is.

Honestly, I rarely pay for my favorite artists MP3s, much less bands I'm unsure of.

As far as from the artist's side (on purchasing downloads of my own music so my fans don't have to), I really can't see myself purchasing $20 in downloads for my fans to get my music for free, since I already offer what I want to give away free on my website. And on SoundClick.com.

Now, of course I see the value in having fans be able to purchase my MP3s online. I could make some money! But, am I the only one who finds it hard to believe fans are going to pay to check out new artists on your site, when they could do the same thing for free somewhere else (like I said, soundclick.com adds 50,000 new songs per month)?

With sites like Kozomo up, who manufacture and will actually sell your CD at no cost to the artist (and soon to offer MP3 downloads), I think you're going to have a tough sell in the end. So it comes to this:

How are you going to get music fans to spend their money on your site? What is going to make it so much better than soundclick, myspace, and other free music sites, that people will be willing to pay (and spend time inputting their credit card, etc) to use it? What's going to bring them?

I've already registered. You have my support. But I can't see the reason music fans will use it.

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:10 pm

Ok, I understand a little better. It can be an instrumental type of thing as long as it is recorded and not made in Fruity Loops or whatever right? But my real question was can we actually upload the music onto the site or do we just write the titles of our songs and try to sell them only?[/u]

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:12 pm

Hey Rurounikeitaro,

You can actually upload the song to the site and have it available for download as long as it follows the rules of the site.

Phade.

Return to “Site Announcements”