New Org Sister Site Launches

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

New Org Sister Site Launches

Post by Phade » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:32 pm

Hey All,

I have been meaning to announce this here sooner, but I have been “distracted” with other recent events.

I have been taking the lessons learned by creating and managing this site and have applied them to a new site. This new site is very similar to AnimeMusicVideos.org except without the anime or the video. The new site is for independent bands and musicians to showcase their works similar to how the Org handles AMVs. This new site is called:

<div align="center">www.NewMusicHouse.com</div>
This site will give bands a place to have their music searchable and available to the world. Bands can set the price of their music from free to whatever they want per track or per album. The royalties generated by sales of songs go directly to the individual artists and copyright holders automatically.

The site features member profiles, band profiles, band recordings, band concert dates (calendar), customizable member and band home page layouts, and a forum. Bands can upload songs, group them into albums, and set the prices of each. There will be unlimited upload space (handy if you record all your show and want them all available to the world) in any format they want (mp3, ogg, etc). Bands keep all rights to their songs and are not bound by any long-term contract. Members can search and download music that they like, review, and discuss it all.

The site is very much in “beta” mode right now. Not everything has been fully tested. (Think of it as if the Org, with all the functionality it has now, were created yesterday and members are just now filling in forms and uploads for the first time on the system and that’s the state NMH is in.) As such, everything is free. Uploads, downloads, everything.

If you are in or know a band that has written and recorded their own music (no cover songs, yet), please have them check out the site. As soon as the site reaches a critical mass, the site should start to grow nicely on its own. In the mean time, let all bands you can think of know about the site.

Let me know what you think of the site. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Good luck and have fun!!

Phade.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:35 pm

:shock:

Amazing. I didn't know you were working on something like that!

Great idea, I sure hope it takes off.

Oh, and I'm telling my dad about it. He's an independent musician (i.e., that's all he does for a living) himself, and I'm sure he'd potentially find it very, very useful. :)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:36 pm

Wait a minute, this isn't an AMV.

Oh wait. Never mind. Administrators disregard categorization.

To be serious, have you looked into ways to partner with, say, Magnatune? My guess is that a number of artists already signed up with them would appreciate the extra attention.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:43 pm

Hey,
trythil wrote:Wait a minute, this isn't an AMV.

Oh wait. Never mind. Administrators disregard categorization.
"Site Announcements" makes perfect sense for a category. ;-)
trythil wrote:To be serious, have you looked into ways to partner with, say, Magnatune? My guess is that a number of artists already signed up with them would appreciate the extra attention.
Yeah, but first I want to get the site user-tested before going after big exposure. As soon as the site has shaken down a bit, on to more announcements on other sites. :-)

Phade.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:51 pm

new site wrote: of bands, fell free to take full advantage of us.
psst :)

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:54 pm

Hey,
JaddziaDax wrote:
new site wrote: of bands, fell free to take full advantage of us.
psst :)
Gaaah!! [smacks forehead]

Phade.

DeinReich
Org Profile

Post by DeinReich » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:15 pm

Awesome idea! I really hope this takes off. Good Luck!

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:26 pm

Question, if an artist on your new site gets pissed that someone on the org made an AMV with their song without asking for their permission what would you do?

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:28 pm

Hey,
godix wrote:Question, if an artist on your new site gets pissed that someone on the org made an AMV with their song without asking for their permission what would you do?
Respect the artist's wishes.

Phade.

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:00 pm

I'm going to post this at several places I know of that have a musician community :D I rather like the idea, and would be very happy to see it take off.

Return to “Site Announcements”