Some Videos No Longer Available [Follow-up]

DeinReich
Org Profile

Post by DeinReich » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:51 pm

If the band's don't like it, it's their loss. They no longer get free promotion from us.

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:55 pm

AtomX wrote:Hey guys.

Move on.

Thanks.
Practice what you preach. LoL internet.

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:22 pm

devilmaykickass wrote:
AtomX wrote:Hey guys.

Move on.

Thanks.
Practice what you preach. LoL internet.

:lol:

scottyhotty
Org Profile

Post by scottyhotty » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:26 am

SOAD2k8 wrote:If the band's don't like it, it's their loss. They no longer get free promotion from us.
Promotion? All you gotta do is watch MTV. Nuff said. It doesn't matter if they get "free promotion" from us. What matter is the "promotion" isn't authorized. I shall now quote some lines from one of the Red vs. Blue episodes:

Man 1: Does anyone have the new Creed CD?
Man 2: I have it.
Man 1: Give it to me. Right now!!!
Man 2: Give it to you?
Man 1: You're not giving it to me fast enough! Give it to me faster!!!
Man 2: Wait, that's illegal!
Man 1: No it isn't. I don't want it to be illegal, there for it isn't.

Most of you sound like this idiot. You bitch and whine about not being able to create vids using other people's music. You keep on forgetting that they own the damn rights! Who are WE to tell them they are wrong?

What if I were to steal your car keys and take your car out for a joy ride? I'll tell everyone that I'm using your car. It benefits you right? It's free "Promotion" for you to make you more popular since you got a nice car. There's nothing wrong with that right? Free Promotion baby! If you don't want the free promotion, your loss. I'm just helping you get more popular.

Or hell, I'll go to Tower Records and steal a CD. Then I go out and play it outside on my portable stereo. I'm "Promoting the CD" and helping Tower Records sell more by showing people on the street that good music is sold there. Then I get arrested and ask why. Hmmmmmmmm.

Let me tell you all a little secret. I have friends who haven't purchased a CD in over 7 years. They use Filesharing progs like Kazaa to get their MP3s... or they come to sites like this to D/L the music vid, and then copy the song off of the video to make their own MP3.

So while the MP3 isn't hosted on this site, the song still is there in it's entirety. All you need is a prog that can rip the song from the vid, and you got yourself an artist's music free of charge. (note: Those progs aren't that hard to find)

Just accept the fact that this site is basically illegal, but Phade has done a nice job keeping it alive. The more people keep thinking that this site "only helps to promote the artist more", the more they do it. And the more they do it, the more likely a larger record label will step up and ask that this site be shut down. Case in point - Napster.

Enjoy this place. Cherish it. But don't be stupid to think that breaking a law to help promote someone is ok. The law is final and absolute.

Shinigami_Obelisk002
Org Profile

Post by Shinigami_Obelisk002 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:52 am

It's sad that if any one of us became a lawyer that we could just reap off heaping amounts of money by loaning out our services to the lawyers of famous singers so that they can get paid like the lawyers of those bands and we would also get a little kick-back...

*sigh*

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:59 am

scottyhotty wrote:Or hell, I'll go to Tower Records and steal a CD. Then I go out and play it outside on my portable stereo. I'm "Promoting the CD" and helping Tower Records sell more by showing people on the street that good music is sold there. Then I get arrested and ask why. Hmmmmmmmm.
Are you actually foolish enough to think that piracy somehome equates to physical theft? That your analogy isn't fundamentally flawed? If so, then you have larger issues to work out.

Moonlessnight
Org Profile

Post by Moonlessnight » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:19 am

[quote="BasharOfTheAges"]Phade, i'm glad you made the "it's the lawyer's job to do this" clear. A lot of people don't realize this. What i've been saying is that likewise, when this is dropped on the desks of any other band's lawyers, (s)he must do the same thing (at the very least). Then I pose the (rhetorical?) question; "Is it not within proper business procedures for any group such as wind-up records to inform their associates of current legal matters that they have undertaken that they found to be important enough to warrent a Cease and Desist order?" Nobody has answered this yet...

I'm glad that you handeled this so well. As a donator who has supported this site, i know that i can possibly face charges as a contributor to an illegal organization (or i at least suspect this to be true) so I feel indebted to you, as we all should...[/quote]

Yep. That would be my sentiment exactly. Thanks SO much for watching our backs. :D
There is nothing like a moonless night to watch a few AMVs.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:24 am

I think it's good at promoting anime. I don't think it promotes stealing of music.. if you come here to steal music your an idiot or just suck at the internet. I could get about any song I want from google, and I could use limewire and get songs in seconds. If you come here to steal music your just plain stupid. Nuff said.

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:36 am

x_rex30 wrote:I think it's good at promoting anime. I don't think it promotes stealing of music.. if you come here to steal music your an idiot or just suck at the internet. I could get about any song I want from google, and I could use limewire and get songs in seconds. If you come here to steal music your just plain stupid. Nuff said.
x2

I think the same, fansubs in the end only publicize an anime until it is showed in the country, generally thanks to them we can have a "rent" to see if actually the anime it's worth it. I bought a lot of soundtracks and dvds thanks to this. :o
ImageImage

James Sharp
Org Profile

Post by James Sharp » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:20 am

I have a quick question about all this. although it may seem stupid to many i still have to ask.. at the begining and end of "most" music videos there are things called "bumpers".. these bumpers describe the song used and the band and anime.. when somone does a report on somthing.. if they use someone elses writings. then they give them credit on a page at the end.. im to uneducated to know what that page is called... but here is my question....
these students that do reports give credit to source creators.. on there colaboration on information.. are amv makers not doing the same??? we give credit on all if not most accounts.... we do not claim that the source information is our creation..but the colaboration and proper placment of these things is... does anyone see what im getting at??
Close calls are always the most exciting. Coming close is always the most dissapointing.

My newest vid:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... =3&t=98816
I welcome any and all advice on how i can improve

Return to “Site Announcements”