Evanescence, Seether and Creed videos no longer available

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:41 pm

HurQlez03 wrote:Thank you Phade for keeping this site alive. But the fact is we're screwed!! The lawyers of the 3 bands might become real dicks and tell the other music companies about us. Then those music companies would go all out on us and shut us down. I mean Warner Bros Records is already pissing off Linkin Park. What if Warner finds out about us? The most abundant band on this site would be deleted for download. Hopefully if we enter that D-day the bands would fight for us, but most likely we wont win.

No matter how many times you explain it, this is the beginning of the end.
Rozard wrote:JESUS, PEOPLE, IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:42 pm

HurQlez03 wrote:No matter how many times you explain it, this is the beginning of the end.
I would like to encourage people to see the bright side of things. It happened and the site is still here...

If you start to look at things that way, the Earth could collide with the Sun before that happens anyway and then it's a moot point :wink:

Vlad

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:42 pm

The Org is their world; just let it be. :|
ImageImage

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:42 pm

HurQlez03 wrote:Thank you Phade for keeping this site alive. But the fact is we're screwed!! The lawyers of the 3 bands might become real dicks and tell the other music companies about us. Then those music companies would go all out on us and shut us down. I mean Warner Bros Records is already pissing off Linkin Park. What if Warner finds out about us? The most abundant band on this site would be deleted for download. Hopefully if we enter that D-day the bands would fight for us, but most likely we wont win.

No matter how many times you explain it, this is the beginning of the end.
Your such a pessimistic.

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:44 pm

Why do I hear the lyrics: "It's the end of the org as we know it."

Seriously though I don't think this is the end of the org. Phade has done a great job and we will have to keep our fingers crossed.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:46 pm

genestarwind21122 wrote:Why do I hear the lyrics: "It's the end of the org as we know it."

Seriously though I don't think this is the end of the org. Phade has done a great job and we will have to keep our fingers crossed.
That gives me an idea for a video.

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:52 pm

I was hoping it was going to give somebody the idea I was thinking. I didn't want to be one the one to do it. :roll: Anyways we can still host our videos on other websites and give links through pms and emails for people that are interested and still do op exchanges as well.

Gene Starwind 21122

Truest-Chaos
Org Profile

Post by Truest-Chaos » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:01 pm

Hahaha, Phade is such a tool.
This place is such a shit-hole.

DaCoolGohan
Org Profile

Post by DaCoolGohan » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:01 pm

The org may be doomed to be shut down. But not anytime soon, for example, someone finally was sued for uploading on Bittorrent. The shocking part was that it wasn't related to the Advent Children release, on Bittorrent, when 60,000 people were getting it the second day it was on that. Whenever the org is shut down, there are still going to be distro of videos privately, or through conventions and clubs.

I would not petition the Artists themselves, if you must petition, because the Artists make a very small fraction of profit from record sales, they mainly make money from concerts and merchandise such as shirts. I mean most of the newer bands prefer that you listen to them so you will go see them in concert. There is easy way to win this argument, unless you can find a full proof way to say this is creative expression or something like that. The bottom line is that they could do worse and they could have taken this even farther than they have.

Samurai Drifter
Org Profile

Post by Samurai Drifter » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:05 pm

Not to mention, if anything AMVs have CAUSED me to buy more music, so I can listen to some of the great songs I hear in videos in the car/etc.

If the record companies shut down the org, then they're stupider than Fed-Ex, suing the guy who runs fedexfurniture.com. :?
"You are not wrong who deem
that my days have been a dream..."

Return to “Site Announcements”