Evanescence, Seether and Creed videos no longer available

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:49 pm

Anyway, in the end, we have the possibility to enter it into the catalog, so it isn't the worst case, as creator, I'm soddisfied. Since if someone want to see the video can contact me, as Infinity Squared said, and if someone don't want to, he/she will not contact me as the same he/she would have not downloaded it in the first time. That's not true at 100% but generally, it is like this.

Talking seriously, we had luck, things could have gone really, really worst that how they are now. Again thanks to Phade for handle it in a so great way.
ImageImage

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:51 pm

If it's the artists that are mad, then all I could do is lol.

Adv1sor
Org Profile

Post by Adv1sor » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:52 pm

Is there any way to communicate to the recording industry the fact that I have actually purchased some songs, songs that I otherwise would not have bought, just to make an AMV?

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:54 pm

Adv1sor wrote:Is there any way to communicate to the recording industry the fact that I have actually purchased some songs, songs that I otherwise would not have bought, just to make an AMV?
I know of hundreds of people who have done this. Even those who bought CDs after hearing a song from it in a AMV.

Zahmira
Org Profile

Post by Zahmira » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:03 pm

Michele wrote:So, in the end, it is not possible to even create a link on the comments.
Btw I would have a question in my mind.. Providing a link to a website where we uploaded it, writing instructions to reach the true link, would be the same? I think yes (so it is not possible legally), but I would like to hear at least some more opinions.
a-m-v.org would not be held legally responsible if there was a link on their site than lead to another site which hosted the video.

sheena_bandy
Org Profile

Post by sheena_bandy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:10 pm

Good gods.... I just went through all the squishy goodness of hiding my fanstuffs section and all that, so I'm in the same boat as yall! I've kept it hidden and will continue to post my art for as long as I am alive to make it. In any case, I just keep it exclusive and out of the way ^_^ just thought I'd say that...

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:16 pm

x_rex30 wrote:
Adv1sor wrote:Is there any way to communicate to the recording industry the fact that I have actually purchased some songs, songs that I otherwise would not have bought, just to make an AMV?
I know of hundreds of people who have done this. Even those who bought CDs after hearing a song from it in a AMV.
Yeah, EXACTLY. They are been fool in this mean.. Actually we're making publicity to them.. This is something that strangely they didn't understood. I actually bought 3Cds of 'em because I heard them for the first time in an amv. That's really true..

To Zahmira: mmm.. I understand, but that site would be. It's really a problem all this. Thanks for the information. Probably I'll try it with a personal folder of web space, who knows.
ImageImage

Zahmira
Org Profile

Post by Zahmira » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:23 pm

Michele wrote:To Zahmira: mmm.. I understand, but that site would be. It's really a problem all this. Thanks for the information. Probably I'll try it with a personal folder of web space, who knows.
Yes, that site would have to take responsiblity, but if we are willing to do so, posting a link to our site on this one shouldn't be a problem.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:46 pm

People in the music industry don't seem to care about this thing called reality. Data exists to the contrary of the claims that advent of downloading software has lead to slumping sales, yet they still cling to the notion that they are correct and therefore have the moral right to do something about it. Now they do have the legal right, but attempting to reason with these people is a fool's errand. Logic doesn’t quite work.

I bet you know someone, a friend or relative perhaps, that will, no matter what, argue their point to the grave regardless of whether or not they are correct -- even if presented with a plethora of data sources to the contrary. Well, imagine if this person was ridiculously wealthy, powerful, and paranoid. That's the music industry in America (it's also fast becoming the movie industry as well and has been the current political administration for some time now, but that's another issue). Reasoning with them will not work! However, attempting to reason with them in public forum (i.e. the media) where you can get public sympathy/support may shame them into backing down; that is, assuming they still care what the public thinks... previous actions have suggested otherwise.

Yes, I’m focusing more on the actions of the RIAA, because, as I have stated in the past, business etiquette would suggest that what happened here will not stay hushed up. Another record label or 20 will undoable make the same requests as Wind-Up Records did simply because they will be notified of the org by Wind-Up Records or by Sony BGM Music Entertainment, their parent company. Once this becomes more mainstream knowledge in the music world, the RIAA will undoubtedly stick their head in to pick off an easy target. Sure, they have bigger fish to fry (p2ps for instance) but as those present difficulty, and we’re a very open system that publicly states that we’ll submit if we are challenged – what looks like an easy victory? Common sense would tell you that any pseudo-legal action like a Cease and Desist order would be made known to Sony BGM at the very least. Whether or not this gets lost in a clutter of paperwork is another question entirely... Let's hope for that.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:20 pm

truthfully it seems to me that this company didnt even WANT to push the issue, but due to some idiot that should be cornered and shot *glares* :twisted: :shock: they were FORCED to do it... which is why we only got a "cease and desist" instead of "YOU ARE RUINING OUR INUDSTRY!! DIE 14 YEAROLD SCUM!!"

I dont think that they are the same type of paranoid media maggots that caused Napster to die..

but after a night of sleep, I have calmed down...

This site might have not started out as a hosting site, but for many it has become that, especially for the ones who cant afford hosting on their own o.0 and its a shame that it has been limited, but at the same time its not the end of the world.

AMVs will live on, and so will filesharing programs (as much as I dont like them) I just hope that this doesnt lead to the rest of the Industry or Labels pushing it too. Because I happen to like having a central hosting place where anyone can find my AMVs..

Return to “Site Announcements”