Evanescence, Seether and Creed videos no longer available

JingerSpice2000
Org Profile

Post by JingerSpice2000 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:58 pm

Aww man! There goes my video. :x I have a question regarding Evanescense songs. Windup Records has only produced the album Fallen . Evanescence's first CD Origin is a collection of songs they self-produced. It isn't available for sale anymore and Windup Records didn't produce it. The only way to get it is through rip-offs and really pricey eBay auctions or downloads from other countries. There's a webpage, (I'm sorry I can't remember its name), where I got all of my Origin mp3s, that says the site administrator wrote Evanescence and told them that their CD for Origin was selling on Ebay for hundreds of dollars and other people were selling rip-offs. Evanescence wrote them back and said to put the mp3s on the site for download for free since they weren't going to produce that CD ever again. They said they would rather people download if for free than have other people profit off of a CD Windup was never going to produce. So, that brings me to my question: Can we still have AMVs with Origin songs still available for download?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:00 am

It's most likely that Windup has bought rights to the band's entire catalogue. You might want to check up on that, though. :?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:02 am

phade: of course :P though, i'm glad you asked about how they noticed us. but i'm dissappointed that the cause was some niave noob :|

Pwolf

ps: aren't you supposed to be laying on the floor? >.>

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:04 am

Hey,

genestarwind21122: I think license tracking would be a nightmare.

JingerSpice2000: I've basically put a block on all of those band names and common misspellings. Trying to split hairs by who controls what albums doesn't seem like a good thing for the Org to do right now.

Pwolf: I am on the floor, balancing my laptop on my forehead. :-P

Phade.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:05 am

was just thinking, if you can muster up the courage and are willing... it might not be a bad idea to ask what it would take to allow you to keep the links for these videos... or if thats even out of the question.

Pwolf

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:06 am

Instead of calling for silly impromptu boycotts, here's a better idea:

Why don't you guys try to do some research on this label? I would think it's best to see what exactly it is that they own, what they don't, on what grounds they may have sought a decision on these 3 specific artists, and who their daddy is.

Let's face it: we're in no better position than Phade to be 'arguing with the Man'. It's best to try and learn something, anything, from it while we can. :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:07 am

Hey Pwolf,

I did ask about possible licensing. It comes down to being a nightmare to track and prohibitively expensive for a no-budget site like the Org.

Phade.

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:08 am

What's the worst they can say is no you can't have them up? I mean it probably wouldn't hurt to ask them what it would take to keep the videos up and if it sounds reasonable if they propose it great. If it sounds unreasonable than don't do it we'll leave them down.

Were all just concern right now and are trying to think of ways to negotiate.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:10 am

Phade wrote:Hey Pwolf,

I did ask about possible licensing. It comes down to being a nightmare to track and prohibitively expensive for a no-budget site like the Org.

Phade.
aye, thats what i thought. i think this was probably the best possible outcome. all that was lost were some links... if it were my videos, i wouldn't care. i'd just be glad thats all that happened :P

Pwolf

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:10 am

Never mind the last post then. Sorry Phade. Man this topic is growing and fast.

Return to “Site Announcements”