Videos using Full Metal Alchemist

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Videos using Full Metal Alchemist

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:40 pm

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that primarily use Full Metal Alchemist as a source.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.
Last edited by Tsunami Jones on Sat May 20, 2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:54 am

This is my all-time favorite AMV. Short, yet tons of fun to watch. The effects are brilliant, and not in any way overdone. To top it off, the music used is from Gravitation - all Hagaren fans should check this out.

Another fun, up-beat action video. Although a lot of footage from the opening and ending themes are used, the visual effects combined with the dance/techno music (put together with perfect action-sync) make this FMA vid the one you'll want to watch over and over again.

This is your best source for FMA drama. Very unique song choice, and the effects are extremely well done. And although this is a drama vid, the scenes flow very quickly - you'll see something new every time you watch it.

I absolutely adore this video - most of the effects are rather simple, but the message that's conveyed is very touching and depressing at the same time. The quality of the video is excellent considering it was made with fansubs, and although it isn't really "action-synched", it follows the lyrics perfectly. As stated in the video description: "This isn't a fast paced fast cute video it's more typical in nature but with an artistic side to it."

There are quite a few AMVs that combine FMA with Hoobastank, but this one is definitely one of the best. Excellent lyric/action sync put together with original effects makes this one of the top FMA vids here.

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:13 pm

Well,this has been quite a surprise.
Just yesterday I was thinking of posting in Site Feedback in order to ask for a topic of FMA recommended AMVS.And today,the topic is ready without me doing nothing... :D

Concerning to what inverse said,I totally agree with the first four mvs recommended.I have downloaded them over 3 months ago and they were magnificent.
About the last one,I'm gonna download it for sure.It even has my favorite song from Hoobastank(Crawling In The Dark).How did I miss it? :D

Now,I would like also to recommend some other FMA mvs even though *inverse* mentioned the best FMA mvs.

1)Alchemist's War by shippochan - its only drawback is the quality.But everything else is way above good,especially synch,editing(fades from black rules over there) and the song used(Nightwish rules!!).It doesn't have much of a concept though.But it's very good as a starting point in order to enter FMA world...

2)Alchemist's Trade by kiarrens - ok,first of all,<Somewhere> as a song matches the personality of Edward perfectly.Generally,a very good use of effects(the use,not the effects specially) and a good synch also.

3)Lost Soul by *inverse* - One of the best character profile music videos ever made.Alphonse Elric is given an excellent tribute that combines both drama and action very well with a perfect use of effects and fades.The lyrics are also included in this amv since they match so well with Alphonse's character and life.Nemo is definitely a must hear song...

4)Don't Forget by Purelyshin - a FMA music video different from the majority.The song <Das> from E Nomine and the scenes used give it the position of the best FMA sentimental mv(my opinion always).I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by its excellence.It leaves you with an undescribed feeling...A must download definitely.

5)Alchemist's Job by bked88 - welcome to the dark side of FMA.I would say it is more like a horror music video but it has some characteristics of a character profile mv.Anyway,Mitternacht rules as a song(yes,once again E Nomine :D),as well as the mv.

6)It's Maes Life by fortune cookie productions - another character profile music video,dedicated to the funniest but also my favorite character of FMA,Brigadier Maes Hughes.Every fan of him must have this music video.A good friend,an extra-caring father and a faithful soldier.Let's take a look in his life and his tragic end...

7)Those Cursed Memories by Roccket- a very good japanese song(by Asian Kung Fu Generation),an excellent editing and a lot of good scenes used.A must see drama/action music video with very good effects.

There are a lot more music videos that deserve your attention,though...

MixMasterPM
Org Profile

Post by MixMasterPM » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:41 am

i promise this is a must download. the action is so intense!
I hate. -asuka

Barunesusa
Org Profile

Post by Barunesusa » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:35 pm

Spoiler Vids:

This is actually done by *inverse*'s sister (who has done Lost Soul and other vids) if I remember correctly. A very good Nightwish video, this focuses on the tragedies of the Elric brothers and Roy very well. The clips she chose for the dark atmosphere worked very well.

This is in somewhat of the same style as Tsumibito no Kashou, with some of the overlays and fast effects. The lipsyncing is <i>very</i> well done, and so are the effects. It's the kidn of video where you'll find something new everytime you watch it!

Non-Spoiler Vids (up to ep 30 as of now):

A hilarious video that twists the EdWin couple around. Completely hilarious, even if you're not an EdWin fan :-D Uses eps past 30, but nothing spoilerish.

One of the few videos that focuses on Young!Ed, Al, and Winry. An excellant video on the suffering they had to endure before the age of 15.

Roy and Hughes on the phone. Nough said. No music, but the lipsyncing is EXCELLANT and the conversation is hilarious :D

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:55 pm

I'm a little surprised Ileia's Date Rape hasn't been added to the list yet. It's a fun video using Sublime's song of the same name that tells the story of why date rape is not something in which State Alchemists should participate.

Besides, who DOESN'T love metal penises? :wink:
Last edited by Kitsuner on Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

_Crossfire_
Org Profile

Post by _Crossfire_ » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:18 am

I suggest Ed IV's 'Truth'. FMA (obviously) to Oasis by Gackt. Very well done.

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:37 am

Ok, here it is my post for this topic, I really like the possibility to edit this to add videos without post again. :P I'll start with a serie of two videos, that I really liked a lot, especially the second, really wonderful, but here there are links and stuff:

One of the best FMA videos out there and surely the best Homunculus one I ever seen, and that probably will ever be for a good amount of time. :P Give it a chance, it's worth downloading. Same goes for the first part, fully oriented to the fun category. Instead of this one, that is nearly a complete drama amv.

More coming!
ImageImage

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:10 pm

I got a nice suggestion.

A very weirdly effected Full Metal Alchemist AMV that has recently become my fav. This vid is really something different in a good way in my opinion.

Taruto!
Org Profile

Post by Taruto! » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:44 am

It's definately one of my favourite FMA videos and one of my favourites of all time because no matter how many times I watch it, it's as funny as the first time I saw it. Not the best editing or selection at times, but the lyric sync is brilliant.

Definately recommended. :D

Return to “Recommended AMVs”