SSJ's Big Character Profile Contest! Results!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

SSJ's Big Character Profile Contest! Results!

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:22 am

Well, I recieved 14 videos that were valid entries (So I'm downing it to just one award with a runner up), and it certainly was tough to chose a winner. I was astounded at how many vids were extremely strong in some catagories and weak in others (i.e. Great concept, but synch that leaves a bit to be desires, or great synch, but weak/unoriginal concept). All in all, though, it was a pleasure to watch and judge all of these vids.

That being said, the winner is... *drumroll*

BishounenStalker's Soldier of Fortune!
This vid went above and beyond the other entries in terms of concept and execution with great synch and powerful scene selection, earning an 89/100 for it's final score. Congrats!

We have a tie for the Runner Up, two vids that each earned an 87/100 for their final score:

Jethropr's Crushed and lilgumba's submission (which has yet to be titled or linked, but should be watched by all when it is) both really caught my eye in terms of nearly ideal character profiles, good job to you both. Jethropr's vid also got the highest synch score of any of the vids, nice work.

That being said, thanks a bunch to all those who entered. I have scores for all your vids and if you would like to see them, please PM/IM me anytime.

(P.S. BishounenStalker please IM me to discuss your prize.)
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:01 am

Congrats to the winner :o

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:23 am

what, no list of entries with lnks? :P

Jethro's video was very good. I had to catch myself from copying the style when thinking of using the same song.
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:00 pm

Congrats to the winners. I'll probably ask you about my scores whenever you decide to pop on to AIM.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:01 pm

bloodyfang wrote:what, no list of entries with lnks? :P

Jethro's video was very good. I had to catch myself from copying the style when thinking of using the same song.
HEY! Do most cons do that? I THINK NOT!!! :P
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

HorrorPhD
Org Profile

Post by HorrorPhD » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:40 pm

Many congrats to the winners! :P
ImageImage

IchigoFever
Org Profile

Post by IchigoFever » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:03 pm

Congratz to the winners from me as well, Soldier By Fortune was so good! Props to BishounenStalker for that!~*

jethropr
Org Profile

Post by jethropr » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:10 pm

Runner up?!?!?!? :evil:

lol i kid, i kid

Congrats to BishounenStalker.

Anarchy_Empress
Org Profile

Post by Anarchy_Empress » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:07 am

congrats!

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:53 am

SSJVegita0609 wrote:
bloodyfang wrote:what, no list of entries with lnks? :P

HEY! Do most cons do that? I THINK NOT!!! :P
SSJ is a con? :?

Where's the main event room?

Screw that, where's the dealer's room?
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Return to “AMV Contests”