AMV Heaven - First Epiphany

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Garylisk
Org Profile

Re: AMV Heaven - First Epiphany

Post by Garylisk » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:49 am

Garylisk wrote:
garylisk wrote: Here's the only things I ask of you all -

Secrecy - Don't tell people what you are doing. Let's keep it a surprise so it's fresh when it gets released.

Beta Deadline - I need to at least see a beta of your video by November 11th.

Final Deadline - The final deadline, when you need to have your videos into me by, is November 25th.

I lie.

Something has been brought to my attention by a beta being sent to me in a particular video format.

OK, so, you can send me your betas in whatever format ya want, but your final versions of your videos MUST be in one of the following formats...

Lagarith
HuffYUV
MPEG2
Registered PICVideo Lossless MJPEG
Quant1 XviD

That list is also more or less the order of preference, Lagarith being most preferred.

How would you get such large video files to me?

Easy. Just put them in a sectioned rar and use YouSendIt.com.

ALternately, you could mail the files to me via the postal service on CD or DVD.

Lastly, if neither of those options work for you, I can arrange for you to access an FTP and upload to it, but this is the absolute last thing we would try.
Oh my god, I hit edit instead of quote.

Anyway...

p.s. - NO DIVX LOGO! I thought word had spread far enough that now everyone knew not to edit with DivX.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

celibi87
Org Profile

Post by celibi87 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:24 pm

i would love to join in...even though i only have a few days to get my beta done.

doughboy
Org Profile

Post by doughboy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:09 pm

celibi87 wrote:even though i only have a few days to get my beta done.
:lol: I actually didn't realize how close the deadline was, I guess my weekend is pretty well spoken for. :oops:

AthenAltena
Org Profile

Post by AthenAltena » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:16 pm

I have my first beta all set. I'll try to use You Send it first and then see if that works. I'll PM you the YS link assuming it works.
Image Image

Ruan
Org Profile

Post by Ruan » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:18 pm

-sigh- Going to have to drop, annoyingly. For some reason my computer decided to hate me, so there's no way I'll make the deadline.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:45 pm

Do you all need later deadlines?

Feel free to make suggestions. It just seems like such a simple project, I thought we could get it done pretty quick.

But I am having people drop left and right.

Oh, also, by the way... not going to single anyone out, not going to say that I am suggestiong that you all need to hear this, but please.. read the how-to guides linked from the main page. If you are new to AMV editing, a MEP may not be the best way to start. So far, all the betas I have recieved are excellent, but some of the questions I get in PM's make me worry a little.

Read the guides, I can't emphasize how helpful they are.

doughboy
Org Profile

Post by doughboy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:40 am

I'll see how far I can get by Friday, I'll likely be holding off the upload until very late that evening. My segment is about a min, and it's actually pretty tough to get a handle on the flow, but I've got more than enough footage prepped to "crazy go nutts." If I make the first appointed deadline, be prepared for some sloppy roughness. :P

The 2nd deadline shouldn't be a problem to clean it up and add a lot more flair to it.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:43 am

For anyone wondering about filling spots that have been given up due to people dropping, I'll post more info on that later. Also, I still have my list opf backups from the join thread. Hopefully I can get ahold of people...

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:07 pm

OK, tonight is the deadline, people.

So far I have betas from 3 people, and have given short extensions for betas to 2 people, so that's 5 so far.

Additionally, a few people have dropped out. Here's the current list of people who are still participating.

AthenAltena - Beta
GMD_God - Beta
Pilk
The Fungus
Niotex
Doughboy - Beta
Roll the Stampede
Hitori - Extension (?)
Kitsuner - Beta
teknoboy - Extension (Saturday)

The names up there that don't say Beta or Extension next to them are the ones I have nothing from yet. Those people need to get ahold of me, get betas done, whatever you gotta do, by tonight at midnight central time. (Give or take, it's flexible.)

Anyway, let's get crackin'.

BTW, Doughboy, your beta is great. You've hit the nail ont he head, so to speak. Cool idea, and expertly executed so far. If you don't mind, I'd like to post your beta publically as sort of an example of the quality that we need to be thriving for here.

doughboy
Org Profile

Post by doughboy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:08 pm

Garylisk wrote:If you don't mind, I'd like to post your beta publically as sort of an example of the quality that we need to be thriving for here.
Sure. :oops: :wink: 8-)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”