Cross-over Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Cross-over Videos

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:07 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that combine two or more different anime shows in a comparative way. Sometimes these videos depict characters from different shows being in the same universe.

Other videos that qualify for this are ones where the music from a known anime show is used in combination with the footage from a different show in order to create a comparative effect.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

Darkseid
Org Profile

Post by Darkseid » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:20 am

Hmmmm..... I'm still liking Tainted Donuts from time to time. Very entertaing and well-put together.

Also, can't recall it and it's somewhat diferent concept, but I remember this one where someone had the opening of Nadesico playing and in a small corner on the right they had the Evangelion opening to compare the two. Very eerie.
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:24 pm

A three way love triangle between charicters from 3 difrent animes. seamlessly blending locations, charicters, and plots, this video is, in my mind, one of the greatest technical achivements of the AMV world.

Roccket
Org Profile

Post by Roccket » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:10 am

I submit Dueling videos : Under ice by Scintilla.
That video has a really original concept : mixing both animes Evangelion and Fuli Culi with a bootleg song from Queen and Vanilla ice.
That seems quite oppositing but the video is perfectly structured, really creative, and visually impressive. All that is seen in this video just fits to the part of the music where it's placed. Some great job.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:00 pm

The best example I've ever seen of AU combos (besides Tainted Donuts) has to be this video.

Concept: a romance between Kamui (X) and Belldandy (Ah! My Goddess). It depicts Kamui as Bell's "savior" of sorts - her superman. There is some image editing and color control to make them seem like they're in the same world.

- dj_ultima_the_great
Last edited by dj_ultima_the_great on Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:15 pm

Want an unlikely romance video similar to Transcending Love? Get Kragdrims's All for My Love. Watch how Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist show his love towards Midori form Midori no Hibi! :D

It's best that you understand the primary concepts of both of these series so you understand the entire gags. :wink:
ImageImage

Malhavoc
Org Profile

Post by Malhavoc » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:08 am

Dragon Bebop Z by Castor Troy is also hillarious..

It's worth DLing. Give it a try
The kunai is just a tool. It is the shinobi that dilivers death

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:23 pm

Saw it at AX2005 and thought the concept of having a recent anime vs. a very old one was interesting. Check it out. :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Houmi
Org Profile

Battle of the Donut

Post by Houmi » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:52 am

My favorite video of all time...

Sailor Moon and Goku fight to the death over- what? a donut. O_o; Any crossover video is great for me! :D

FraChan
Org Profile

Post by FraChan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:13 am

Great cross over video featuring lot of anime characters competing in a crazy race where everything is allowed to win a mysterious Great Prize :shock:

A fight tournament between Naruto's and DragonBall Z characters, with a lot of funny scenes :lol:
If you ever asked who would win in a fight, Naruto or Dragon Ball, this video is perfect for you :P

Naota, main character of FLCL, has a dream where he's fighting Rock Lee from Naruto! A great cross-over video really well done.

Have you ever desired to see the most powerful characters of different animes (Vegeta, Kenshin, Alucard etc) getting their ass kicked by insignificant and small creatures? :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Recommended AMVs”