The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v2.0 - Round One! FIGHT!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:49 pm

AtomX wrote:Well, as it looks, we're only going to have ONE match to judge tonight. DoKool has run into a snag (a pretty big one at that. His computer died....) So, the match will be rescheduled assuming he can get it back up and running in a reasonable timeframe. If it looks like he's going to go too long without a computer, I will call in an Alternate.
Correction - it's not dead, but the graphics are being corrupted to the point of unusibility.

I think that my shuttlebox (with the addition of some faster RAM) *might* be able to handle Adobe apps, will tell you as soon as I can confirm...

-DOKool

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:53 pm

dokool wrote:
AtomX wrote:Well, as it looks, we're only going to have ONE match to judge tonight. DoKool has run into a snag (a pretty big one at that. His computer died....) So, the match will be rescheduled assuming he can get it back up and running in a reasonable timeframe. If it looks like he's going to go too long without a computer, I will call in an Alternate.
Correction - it's not dead, but the graphics are being corrupted to the point of unusibility.

I think that my shuttlebox (with the addition of some faster RAM) *might* be able to handle Adobe apps, will tell you as soon as I can confirm...

-DOKool
it'll be fine, i was editing on a 450mhz system for a while, no problem at all... except it was slow >.>

Pwolf

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:12 am

dokool wrote:

-DOKool
Just edit with MJPEGs. I did that on my Pentium 2 333 just fine.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:35 am

Guys, I've been editing on a 3.4GHZ P4 EE edition w/ 2GB of RAM for a year and a half now - I need *some* speed or else I'll go mad.

The RAM is slow anyway, hence the need for a replacement. I'll send updates through email/PM/whatever, hopefully within a day or two i can find the parts.

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:51 am

dokool wrote:Guys, I've been editing on a 3.4GHZ P4 EE edition w/ 2GB of RAM for a year and a half now - I need *some* speed or else I'll go mad.

The RAM is slow anyway, hence the need for a replacement. I'll send updates through email/PM/whatever, hopefully within a day or two i can find the parts.
spoiled :roll:
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:51 am

dokool wrote:Guys, I've been editing on a 3.4GHZ P4 EE edition w/ 2GB of RAM for a year and a half now - I need *some* speed or else I'll go mad.
The Rules wrote:I realize that because this is an online contest, people are going to have varied computer power/speed, as opposed to a convention's IC, where they use identical systems. Be that as it may, handicaps will not be given to people with slower computers. If you decide to enter the tournament, you are agreeing NOT to complain that you weren't able to get as far as your opponent due to your computer chugging (For this reason, it is HIGHLY recommended that you edit with the "bait-and-switch" method, using fast MJPEG files rather than slow AVS files)
:P
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:03 am

Rule pwned! :lol:

I gather there is still a judge who hasn't seen last night's videos?

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:23 am

There's also the matter of this computer never having been meant for video editing - I still gotta find my Premiere CD and install it (as well as the AMVApp + suchlike) before I can even do anything...

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:10 pm

Infinity Squared wrote:Rule pwned! :lol:

I gather there is still a judge who hasn't seen last night's videos?
You are correct. I sent Lee a PM with the links and have yet to hear from him.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:02 pm

Alright. Match 13 is officially underway. And I also have the results from last night's match :-o

Match 2 - Infinity Squared VS. doughboy

Infinity Squared's Anime: Full Metal Panic Vol. 1
doughboy's Anime: Read Or Die OVA
Song: Hijack the Disco - Groove Jet

Winner: doughboy

Woot! :-o We're finally coming down to the wire here on Round 1. After tonight, only 2 matches remain. ZOMG

Return to “AMV Contests”