Sentimental Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:06 pm

Upon examining this category, I was surprised not to find AbsoluteDestiny's own lovely Sentimental video, though it could also be classified as Romance. That being...

To be honest, I hadn't heard this song at all before I downloaded this AMV, but after I did, I came to a conclusion. A more perfect song for SaiKano did not exist. This video takes every touching, saddening, and beautiful element in that anime, and combines it with a song that illustrates those elements in such a way that lovers of sentimental videos - and especially SaiKano fans - could never miss it. If you don't feel something profound with this one, then you have no heart. :P Amazing job here AD.
Last edited by dj_ultima_the_great on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:29 am

I like this video because it was really well done, it's not a comedy like most fruits basket amv's and really focuses on Tohru's troubles, which i thought was very cool, it's a very good video and you should check it out

Sir_Rune_DK
Org Profile

Post by Sir_Rune_DK » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:38 am

what about this one

Good lipsync and good song that goes to that anime......... If you don't feel sad then you don't have a heart!!!!
Life is death.......... see it and die

FATTY_VM
Org Profile

Post by FATTY_VM » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:57 pm

I like the whole idea of this forum. The video I'm bringing up is one that is a touch different from most Golden Boy videos out there, but one of my favorites . My hat is off to Suberunker.

...the problem I see a lot is that many good amv makers think they suck, and many bad amv makers think they're good.
I've seen it happen, man! I've SEEN IT!..
--Rob Kenchu

Dragonfiregum
Org Profile

Post by Dragonfiregum » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:03 pm

This video is great.. if youve seen rahxephon youll understand it more.. but it just captures the episodes just right.I cried watching it heh.. :oops:
It could probably fit in more then just sentimental.. im not sure yet.. and there is no Rahxephon section so here it is.

Ventrex
Org Profile

Post by Ventrex » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:53 pm

Fairly new to the site, but this is the video that drew me in:

Initially, I thought it was a horrible idea to use a Travis song for a montage of various Oshii films. Actually watching it won me over; everything about it is somehow perfect, much more so than any other anime music video I'd seen previously. Each lyric matches the imagery to a T. And the shots from Angel's Egg still make me smile, even knowing the ending. There is just something about that film I find inherently sweet and melancholy. A strange combination, but watching it always makes me feel warm, though the ending brings on coldness.

The music, lyrics, and imagery for the video all combine to make something completely beautiful and moving. It's not really often I can say that about an anime music video. A reminder that this can be an artform and not always just a hobby.
"I don't think I'm alone in feeling the immutable sadness contained in these fragments. Perhaps that is the price of perceiving accurately. At least with such sorrow must come knowledge."
--333: 366

TannimFodder
Org Profile

Post by TannimFodder » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:50 am

Ran across this while downloading Incubus songs. Excellent use of Tenchi to invoke feeling.

Link: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... php?v=1602

Title: I Miss You (remastered)
Anime: Tenchi Muyo
Music: Incubus - "I Miss You"
Creator: Nullstate Productions

imphill
Org Profile

Post by imphill » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:01 pm

OMG WTFFF?!
how can you forget:

It brought tears to my eyes first time :oops: . Great lipsync (Mainly...), excelent anims and professional looking.
Yes OK, its Excel Saga, but it's still sentimental.
"At least i have chicken"
- Ols Klingon Proverb

>Mone Mone!
>Is that right?
>MONE!!
>hmmm...

raiju
Org Profile

Post by raiju » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:22 am

The AMV:

is a very emotionally filled one. you'll understand what I mean if you've ever seen SHUFFLE!. Like I said, very emotional! It had me almost :cry:
Don't Start With Me! You Will Not Win.

Tormentor
Org Profile

Post by Tormentor » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:24 am

Okay the visual-qualitiy of this one isn't that great, but still I like this video.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”