Banner Contest

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:32 am

then its under 20 k
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:24 am

Hey,

There are several banners that didn't meet the entry criteria. I'm making a little thing so I can send a caned email to members saying why it was not included in the contest (no logo, wrong logo, logo too distorted/unreadable, duplicate entry, error on upload, etc.). You should get an email sooner or later about it.

Phade.

LongShot
Org Profile

Post by LongShot » Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:23 am

Thanks Phade.
Girls use me.

rubyeye
Org Profile

Banner Designs : Bad Logo

Post by rubyeye » Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:29 am

Since the Banner Contest return I've actually started taking part in it. The last batch consisted of only 5 which I felt were worth, and the other 40 were not. Why? That Damn Logo!

I remember when It 'won' as the final choice for AMV's logo. ANd the hostility that erupted about it (at least what I saw) caused such a stir that I hoped it was not an OFFICIAL, end-all-be-all design. It's just awful. Well, I don't mean to hurt the artist's feelings since I know how critical we can be about our work. Let's just say I did not care for it and leave it at that.

Now, the majority of banners utilized the logo, and no matter how creative they were, they simply were not 'attractive'. That is to say, they didn't catch my attention to the point where I would want to see that displayed on a web page. Of course all of this is subjective but it might explain the current trend.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”