Drama Videos 2 – Tension, Conflict, Determination

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.

Drama Videos 2 – Tension, Conflict, Determination

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:58 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that express themes of tension, conflict or determination.

These are often not strong or violent enough to be classed as action videos while some may contain action elements.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby twotengoten » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:05 pm

This is an awesome dramatic video about Goku and his determination for his friends and family.
twotengoten

Postby Knowname » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:47 am

Knowname

Postby Jonny Bebop » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:38 am

This has to be one of the most dramatic Berserk vids around, its so good! The scene seletion is fab and the timing is great. Really worth a look :wink: .
Jonny Bebop

Postby -M_X_R- » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:23 am

Not 100% sure this goes here but, I'd defintely say Images by the Fluxmeister, really one of the best Drama videos I've seen, at least as far as older vids go.. the editing is simple yet still profoundly done..
-M_X_R-

Postby silmeluin » Sun May 01, 2005 7:47 pm

you want drama??? you want conflict???? tension, anyone??

Most of that happens in the second half of the video (some in the first half). This FMA vid is a total must see. Very emotional- as well as a completely original song. I love this video.

very sad drama. It's all the last episode- so plenty of that confict and determination stuff. Crude editing- but to make it any more complex would've messed it all up.

A beautiful, beautiful, beautiful video

That's right, Nemo- but not as in the fish movie. Although Dorey rocketh much.
silmeluin

Postby vorx » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:03 am

Without a doubt, "~Swallow~" by Bakadeshi.

My personal favourite AMV of all time.

A totally brilliant Now and Then, Here and There AMV.
If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what'd happen if you strapped toast to the back of a cat and dropped the unholy fusion?
vorx

the best amv on this site

Postby didrox » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:26 pm

in my opinion this is the best amv in this entire site. its simple , good quality , original , reviewable (short) , has a plot , effects arent really needed because of how the anime is . this is the best amv i have ever seen and i downloaded euphoria out of curiosity . cant understand how come the reviews didnt read "amv god ?" ... download this video it is the shit . oh yeah its determination because of how hard the kid trys to do the thing ... watch it , opp it , love it , send the creater props .
didrox

Postby Batto! » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:14 pm

I'd have to say Mai-Reason Director's Cut by Bakadeshi

I've never seen this anime before but it is an extremely well done amv, and you can tell what is going on without watching the anime, it's a really touching amv and one of my favorite, you should definatly check this amv out, the effects were also extremely well done ^^
Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge

Postby Battosai28 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:05 pm

Atonement: one of my favorite AMV's of all time. I first saw it at Anime Boston 05 (which it won). The anime is Fullmetal Alchemist and it uses music from the two towers(can you get more dramatic) I highly recomend this inovative video.
Because I have a use for you
-Gendo Ikari
Battosai28

Postby JaddziaDax » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:29 pm

its to an awesome anime called Blame! and the music is Peter Gabriel - Signal to Noise...

Wasnt sure which Drama category to put it under but I think Determination fits it best... anyways its really neat :) I enjoied it alot!
Last edited by JaddziaDax on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby TannimFodder » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:17 pm

I took a chance downloading an AMV that had only 300 hits since '02. But man, I am very glad I took that chance. Easily one of the best music videos I have ever seen, plus the timing, lyrics, and movement could not have been more excellent. Deedlit looks awesome too, and no spoilers, so it's very nice. The only thing I think detracts from making it epic is the silly closer at the end made up by the creators. Other than that, I beg you to try downloading this video and giving it a chance.
TannimFodder

Postby sasuke2468 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:13 pm

I loved this video it was a great vdeo and i thought it deserved its place here
sasuke2468

Postby trinigal » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:31 am

I was a little confused as to which Drama recommendation this would be classified as but I think this would be the right place.
trinigal

Favorites

Postby wolnworb » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:20 pm

I viewed the picks that were reccommended above, and I must say that my favorite was Jonny Bebop's recc. for Agony of Existence by Red Eye

That video Screams Tension with a little Determination and had me thinking "28 Days Later".

I'd also reccommend Vegeta by Dark Kumari. This Video is a DBZ classic set to Linkin Park, but I think it's a top pick for determination and trying hard.
wolnworb

Next

Return to Recommended AMVs