Just a thought... maybe

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
AMVUserII
Org Profile

Post by AMVUserII » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:43 pm

Yea we should do our own AMV Hub where we just monitor and ppl can sure Anime, Mp3's, and AMVs
-Next Generation Films Inc. (NGF)

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:45 pm

Antonio and I have been talking thru ICQ about it. I won't go into severe details since that'd be boring :P

Basically, I think what it comes down to is that we don't know how we could make a Direct Connect script that would limit shares to vids listed on this site. THe main problem being is that many users rename their videos (Heck, I do too. I use the Waldo's FTP naming convention for all AMVs I download.).. so it'd be kind of hard to do it that way.

BUT we figure it'd be possible to run an unofficial DC hub for AMVs and such for now, and once we get to know the scripting language better, it'd be possible to run one the official way that Phade wanted.

Main problems right now is that I am on a slow connection (The the user limit would be low, but I doubt that is a major major problem for the time being) and Antonio is on a router, so he can't serve a hub at all until he gets a dedicated cable modem.

*message comes in* hmmm, we might have this hub real soon, guys. stay tuned.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:56 pm

Well, looks like we get to start small and work our way up. :P

Download Direct Connect from http://www.neo-modus.com

Then check out http://www.icon-stl.net/~dragon/hub.txt
That text file has the hub's IP address in it.
In Direct Connect, hit connect and then type that IP address into the text box at the bottom of the connect window and then hit enter.

once you do that, you'll be on there.

Right now it's gonna be me and Antonio on there as Ops. Share your AMV folders under settings and you should be cool. (Feel free to share other anime related stuff too if you wanna. *shrugs*)

And yes, it is a good alternative to those who can't get hosted since thn you can share the AMV's easily.

If you need help connected, just ask me (Thru ICQ preferrably)...

One common thing is if you are behind a router, you'll have to use passive mode.

that's all I can think of now.

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:58 pm

You goy my vote on the hub, i'm constantly on DC so it would be a cool idea.

It certianly would make it easier to share videos, I'll help you with it if you like as well.

Offical....well, that will get a little difficult, but even a hub for us would be awsome ^^

§_Akuma_§
Org Profile

Post by §_Akuma_§ » Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:10 pm

well Nicole, im up for the idea. u know that i use the program so im with ya. i do how ever have a guide on how to use DC and its just laying around on my hard drive so if anyone is interested, be sure to tell me and ill be more then happy to give it out.
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=13690">======§ Akuma §======
2006 § Akuma § Productions</a>

§_Akuma_§
Org Profile

Post by §_Akuma_§ » Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:17 pm

wait a sec i just relised, who is going to be hosting the hub. trust me, hosting a hub is not exactly easy and it cuts in to alot of your free time. just a thought.
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=13690">======§ Akuma §======
2006 § Akuma § Productions</a>

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:31 pm

Its already up :P
I'm hosting it for now. Eventually Antonio will be... but for now, it's just being hosted by me. since I have a dynamic IP, the IP will be listed at http://www.icon-stl.net/~dragon/hub.txt
So check that out before getting on the hub. If you can'tconnect to the IP listed there, it means I'm not online or I haven't uploaded the new version of hub.txt yet (Which I'll do whenever I get online. More than likely the hub will be on primarally at night, like 7pm til about 10am-noon the next day since that's when I can stay connected.)

Once Antonio is running it, it'll be up all the time.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:13 am

It's up again. Better late than never. SOrry guys, I was out tonight and couldn't set it up :P

All you night owls can hop on though. The text file has the IP address.

Rurouni K
Org Profile

is it good if you have cable

Post by Rurouni K » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:55 am

wil lthe speed change if your on lan and have a cable modem ??????
You are no longer who you were and tomorow is now yesterday. In the event of an emergency, do not become alarmed. Move quickly to the nearest exit.

Rurouni K
Org Profile

and hey text file says

Post by Rurouni K » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:56 am

itys says down again what give i thought it was up
You are no longer who you were and tomorow is now yesterday. In the event of an emergency, do not become alarmed. Move quickly to the nearest exit.

Return to “General AMV”