seph fan girl
Org Profile

Post by seph fan girl » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:31 pm

Image Image Image Image um...dont know... sorry ::bows::
Image Image Image Image Image

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:41 pm

Perform a search for it and you'll find out.

seph fan girl
Org Profile

Post by seph fan girl » Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:15 pm

o...k...
Image Image Image Image Image

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:38 pm

its only good the first time you see it.

after that... it's a chore to watch.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:32 am

Troy can't get them online just yet. The only way people have it is if you have a copy of his CD from AX.

Nobuyuki
Org Profile

Post by Nobuyuki » Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:55 am

I took my camcorder in and got the whole thing on tape, but I was laughing too damned hard to get a steady shot. Says something about the vid, though.. ^_^

XStylus
Org Profile

Well, right now ya' CAN'T download it.

Post by XStylus » Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:10 am

Right now you can't get it because I haven't been able to upload it anywhere, nor do I have the bandwidth to do so.

I'm limited to a 56k modem which strangely uploads at speeds only slightly faster than a 9600bps modem. Plus, I don't have anywhere to host my AMV. Well... actually, that's a lie; I do, but with the amount of times it'll be downloaded, I fear that it'll rocket his site-hosting fees through the roof, so I prefer to find an alternative.

Nobuyuki
Org Profile

Post by Nobuyuki » Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:06 pm

AX2002 was my first con, and got a chance to see some really interesting exhibits and events over the weekend, but hands down, the one experience I will remember is your video at the Masquerade.

I was crying with laughter.

You made Lain a comedy piece. That's enough merit this video to begin with. But the "Pop up" style, the references to the valuables of AMV's, and especially the closing message.. I hope people understood that.. Ahh.. Damn, that's good stuff! And everything flowed with Groove Armada, a band which is comedic in itself. Ah! This is my inspiration for how I want to make videos.

The best music video I've ever seen, anime or otherwise. Congratulations!

Oh, and don't worry about rushing the vid, whenever you could get it online would be very cool.

Late!
~Nobu~

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:05 am

Nobuyuki wrote:AX2002 was my first con, and got a chance to see some really interesting exhibits and events over the weekend, but hands down, the one experience I will remember is your video at the Masquerade.
AX2002 was your first con? I'm sorry to hear that.

In any case, this year was by no means a true representation of the awesomeness of an AMV contest. If you enjoyed the contest at AX2002, then future ones will just blow you away.

But I'm glad you enjoyed my video. ^v^

You made Lain a comedy piece. That's enough merit this video to begin with. But the "Pop up" style, the references to the valuables of AMV's, and especially the closing message.. I hope people understood that..
One of the curses of a person creating a video is that they never have the ability to enjoy their own work since they've likely seen it so many times that they're sick of it, with ATW6:35 being doubly true since it has no replay value.

But I got a load of entertainment seeing the rather colorful reactions on people I was sitting next to, and I wouldn't give that up for anything in the world. By the end of the video, I did indeed consider myself throughly entertained.
Ahh.. Damn, that's good stuff! And everything flowed with Groove Armada, a band which is comedic in itself. Ah! This is my inspiration for how I want to make videos.

Well, I do have one rather vocal critic who is frothing mad at my video, and absolutely insists that it has no place in the AMV contest at all.

I am seriously considering making another such video just to prove her wrong. If she thought ATW6:35 was bad... ...she'll want my head on a pike after seeing what I have planned next, if I go through with it.

And I'll have a loving dedication at the beginning of it specifically for her, too.
The best music video I've ever seen, anime or otherwise. Congratulations!
I wouldn't exactly call it the best video, oh no no no. There are much better videos out there. I will consider mine to be the most clever and original video in a VERY long time, but definitely not the best. I can think of several creators who merit that title more than I. Tim Park, Kevin Caldwell, Eric Kobet... just to name a few. If you're new to the AMV scene, I recomend that you look up a few of their videos.
Oh, and don't worry about rushing the vid, whenever you could get it online would be very cool.
Well, I have a 40mb DIVX file of my AMV ready to be uploaded somewhere. The problem is that I have no-where to put it, and even if I did, it'll only upload at 1kbps max, and I would **LOVE** to know why my modem will only upload that fast. It's not my ISP either. It does this on 4 different ISPs. It's been doing this for 4 years now. Maybe it's the modem...

Return to “General AMV”