Videos Using Most-Used Music

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Videos Using Most-Used Music

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:16 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that use music by artists that are listed on the Most Used Music list.

Bands like Linkin Park, Evanescence and System of a Down are very popular and it is often hard to find the very good videos as there are so many videos out there.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:49 am

fans of the anime will enjoy this presentation of belldandy and keichii's struggles, structured slightly differently from the movie (focusing more on belldandy than keichii), but still presented in such a way that grabs your attention and is easy to follow.
fans of the song will appreciate the consistent attention silver_moon pays to it, ensuring that emotions in the music amplify emotions portrayed in the video.
even those who don't like either will likely enjoy this video, as it puts forth plenty of visually attractive scenes, editing easily connected to the music, and a plot that guides you to its end.

who wouldn't see this coming? pairing a self-ashamed Shinji and an attention-craved Asuka to the poster band of angst. however, this video does it well. timing is dead on and strain in the music is used to emphasize the strength of Shinji and Asuka's passions and/or hormones. scenes are sequenced so as to bring symbolic cues to the foreground, keeping this video from being passed off as just another lp video.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Fri May 06, 2005 7:06 am

Acutally it'S the only Linkin Park amv I've ever watched since I normally don't dl videos with "most used music" but this one's great ineed cause the images shown and the song really fit (it's saikano).

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:38 pm

This is a very well done video using Crawling in the Dark by Hoobastank, a VERY commonly used song. It also uses Full Metal Alchemist, a commonly used anime. Excellent, nonetheless.
Image ImageImage

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:33 pm

Evanesance has started to become VERY VERY overused but it shouldn't stop ppl

Zeal's Your presence still lingers here is possibly the BEST romance video EVER. it features 'My Immortal' and that Voices anime AND a very LONG acknowledgement to hisself :roll: . I've not seen the anime, yet his message STILL gets me, that's how good it is.- download not available due to the man

However I'm not sure if My Immortal was meant for that, thanks to Chiikaboom's (the previous poster :wink:) Cascading Despair containing BRUTAL spoilers to Air.- download not available due to the man

How about this for most overuse! We have an overused song (Linkin Park) to an overused anime (Naruto) with an overused IDEA (Sakura profile). But over use be DAMNED, AmyR90's With you, a Sasuke and Sakura tribute is really original cuz it's done very well, is very touching.
Last edited by Knowname on Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:26 pm

Back in my n00b days, before I discovered the org, I found this video via...oh, what was it at the time - Napster? Anyway, it was one of my first, and I fell in love with it. However, admist hard drive deletion and other various issues, I lost and ultimately forgot about this one. Recently, I remembered and looked for it again here, and was pleased to find it. This is one of Atom's older videos, so don't expect the flashy, more professional style he's adopted. It does, however, have solid editing, and relies on the natural action of the scenes for a number of timings in the video. So it's an overused game? That's the point. ^_^

While we're on the subject of AtomX, here's another one of his oldies. Sadly, it's not available for download anymore. This used to be a favorite of mine, and I still hold it in high regards. Good timing and nice scene selection all wrap this up into a great video - if you can find it.

A truly beautiful video that will make any Chobits fan cry. Heck, people who don't know that anime are probably misty-eyed. Despite the overused song, this video is still obviously unique when you watch it. The reason is that, unlike most Chobits videos, this video is all about the relationships of the side characters. Chi and Hideki appear for all of a few seconds in this one, and that's it. It's a great way of making a normally overused song into something original and special.
Last edited by dj_ultima_the_great on Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

.:SR:.
Org Profile

Post by .:SR:. » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:44 pm

It's simply a classic (and a good video as well).. It's obvious that is has the worst combo anime+music ever, but trust me, this one's just well edited with a somewhat good plot.

Samurai Drifter
Org Profile

Post by Samurai Drifter » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:07 pm

This is a very overused song, to be sure, but I think it does a great job of bringing out some of the main themes in .hack dusk. The editing is also excellent, and although the effects are a little overdone it doesn't take away from it too much. I think this is the best vid with this song that I've seen.
"You are not wrong who deem
that my days have been a dream..."

Mugik
Org Profile

Post by Mugik » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:18 am

Sure, it's Linkin Park, and it's angsty as hell. But I got a kick out of it. The song (Lying From You) fits Soujiro extremely well as he is unable to defeat Kenshin, not to mention the pain in his own past. The lip-syncing is DEAD on. And in the end (pun intended :) ) Linkin Park is still good, no matter how many times I hear them. It also helps matters that Soujiro is my favorite character - the boy who smiles while he kills. Kudos to LCX for this one, which I still listen to.

EDIT: Clarified description a bit.
Last edited by Mugik on Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tormentor
Org Profile

Post by Tormentor » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:46 am

Forsaken Angel by Studio Hybrid.
I know it's quite old and the quality isn't good, but somehow I feel sympathy for this video. It has just the right concept and a good sync.

Here's the link

Return to “Recommended AMVs”