New Opinion Requirement

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:22 pm

Thank you so much man! I'm soooo sick of those cheating bastards who screwed me and even Koop up!

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:24 pm

Phade wrote:Hey Zarxrax,

I think that is a great idea and really should be implemented that way, but there is one problem: development time. Putting in this fix took me about 15 mins. Adding all the tools necessary for opinion ninjas to keep out the bad guys would take much much more time. Eventually a system like you describe will be up and running, but it will be a while. :-(

Phade.
If you ever plan to do that, I will gladly be one of those ninjas. I know of about 5 videos on the top 10% that have been cheated on and many others, which even include the top 2 videos "Someone else did the bad stuff though".

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:51 am

I love this 'quick fix' and wouldn't mind seeing it permanent.

Perhaps for those people who are honest reviewers (having posted in this thread) and who would rather use direct links, you can hand them that thing derobert had a while back that counts a video as downloaded, even if you cancel the download after a few seconds. I don't remember whether it was a page on the site that might still be active, but I know he gave the link in a thread somewhere on the forum. It might have been back when we were talking about the 'suggestions according to star scores given' update - so people could knock vids off their suggestion page without having to fully download them all. As long as it doesn't fall into the hands of the bad guys, it should solve the problem for those who want to review without downloading two copies of the video.

/if no one remembers the link-thing I'm talking about, nevermind ;p

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:56 am

Arigatomina wrote:I love this 'quick fix' and wouldn't mind seeing it permanent.

Perhaps for those people who are honest reviewers (having posted in this thread) and who would rather use direct links, you can hand them that thing derobert had a while back that counts a video as downloaded, even if you cancel the download after a few seconds. I don't remember whether it was a page on the site that might still be active, but I know he gave the link in a thread somewhere on the forum. It might have been back when we were talking about the 'suggestions according to star scores given' update - so people could knock vids off their suggestion page without having to fully download them all. As long as it doesn't fall into the hands of the bad guys, it should solve the problem for those who want to review without downloading two copies of the video.

/if no one remembers the link-thing I'm talking about, nevermind ;p
i think they disabled it :(
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

derobert
Phantom of the .Org
Org Profile

Post by derobert » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:28 am

Arigatomina wrote:that thing derobert had a while back that counts a video as downloaded, even if you cancel the download after a few seconds.
That was a proof-of-concept implementation of what became the new download system first used on Kero. It was never available for Kero, and when I upgraded Nago to the new code, it stopped being available there, too.
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:50 am

Zarxrax wrote:Maybe you can't leave an opinion unless you have been a member for 2 weeks. This would stop people from creating 100 new accounts at one time to quickly boost up their video.
Simple, painfree and effective. So is it gona be implimented any time soon?

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:09 am

What are we gonna do about the people who do downlad the video locally but go back and leave all 1s just because they didnt have the right codec at the time to watch the video. i know i get these every now and then. And it kinda goe back to the whole thing of rating a video without even seeing it.
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:43 am

[quote="RolltheStampede"]What are we gonna do about the people who do downlad the video locally but go back and leave all 1s just because they didnt have the right codec at the time to watch the video.[quote]

Don't worry, you won't being seeing those people around much longer...."takes out Samurai sword and leaves house..."

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:56 pm

i find this new code somewhat annoying I actually have two other people other than myself that use my computer, all on different screen names and we all share the same AMVs that we show each other, we are honest in our opinion leaving, but its a GREAT thing we got Highspeed just before you implimented this new rule, or else waiting 3-4 hours for a download, to get a great video several times over would have been a HUGE hassle... just for one of us to leave an opinion :P and when I was on dial up I cant recall the number of times I had a faulty download only to download it again (another 4 hours wasted)

I personally havent recieved any opinions that I would complain to management about, and the "rudest" one I have recieved was still not worth it...

I understand where its comming from, but I like the option of giving the creator the choice... though I dont know how many creators would go for that...

I donno, I just wish that there was a better way to take care of this.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:00 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:i find this new code somewhat annoying I actually have two other people other than myself that use my computer, all on different screen names and we all share the same AMVs that we show each other, we are honest in our opinion leaving, but its a GREAT thing we got Highspeed just before you implimented this new rule, or else waiting 3-4 hours for a download, to get a great video several times over would have been a HUGE hassle... just for one of us to leave an opinion :P and when I was on dial up I cant recall the number of times I had a faulty download only to download it again (another 4 hours wasted)

I personally havent recieved any opinions that I would complain to management about, and the "rudest" one I have recieved was still not worth it...

I understand where its comming from, but I like the option of giving the creator the choice... though I dont know how many creators would go for that...

I donno, I just wish that there was a better way to take care of this.
and actually now that i think about it its not really going to curb the people on highspeed, ic an see where it would stop the people on dial up, but highspeed is like 2 min download even for a 99mb file :P

Return to “Site Announcements”