Too hot for AX! See the video THEY don't want to show you!

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Too hot for AX! See the video THEY don't want to show you!

Postby ErMaC » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:54 am

That's right folks! Now the video that the judges at AX unfairly disqualified can be yours, right on your own computer! But you must act now, supplies are limited and they're going fast!

See the video that shocked the judges It's TOO HOT!

But seriously, take a gander. It's Initial D done to the Speed Racer them remix by alphateam.
ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG

Postby SpPANDA » Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:29 am

gah.. i can see why they didn't add it...

XP

[laughs]

i love you ermac.
[kisses]
SpPANDA

Postby Sagara Sanosuke » Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:53 am

;_;
it's not letting me download any of the movies listed on that link. :(
Sagara Sanosuke

ummm

Postby TheRealNeoHentaiMaster » Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:21 am

Dude, no offense or anything, your vid wasnt bad by any means, but I think it didnt get in cause it just wasnt very good either. I mean, yeah, I chuckled at the the sex inuendo part, but come on, the vid was short and not really that oringal. The sexual inuendo was kinda cliche. You didnt even use footage from anime for most of it. Thats kind of cheap dont you think. Also, dont they also have that rule about most footage being animated? Most of the footage in your vid that was interesting and funny wasnt, so more reason to disqualify you.
Some other vids that were shown probably could be considered more offensive, but they also had more effort put into them, had more original humor actually making refference to footage from an anime, and were more worth taking the risk of showing.
TheRealNeoHentaiMaster

Re: ummm

Postby SpPANDA » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:44 pm

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster wrote:Dude, no offense or anything, your vid wasnt bad by any means, but I think it didnt get in cause it just wasnt very good either. I mean, yeah, I chuckled at the the sex inuendo part, but come on, the vid was short and not really that oringal. The sexual inuendo was kinda cliche. You didnt even use footage from anime for most of it. Thats kind of cheap dont you think. Also, dont they also have that rule about most footage being animated? Most of the footage in your vid that was interesting and funny wasnt, so more reason to disqualify you.
Some other vids that were shown probably could be considered more offensive, but they also had more effort put into them, had more original humor actually making refference to footage from an anime, and were more worth taking the risk of showing.

O_o

are you going to take that Ermac?

maybe this is why you didn't win at fanime.
SpPANDA

Postby ErMaC » Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:46 pm

It's not about whether the video was good or not - it was disqualified based on the sexual content, which really wasn't sexual content in the first place. It's all innuendo, which shouldn't be against the rules.

Also, the rules say 80% Anime footage. I went and calculated it by # of seconds and it's 81% Anime footage. the Live action stuff only goes on for 19% of the video, so I was still under the legal limit for live action footage.

I just wanted to be shown in front of an audience and (no offense if the creator's on this board) I certainly would've been in the finals instead of something like, say, Cybernetic Eye Candy. I didn't laugh once during that video. Whenever I've shown my video I've at least gotten laughs, albeit I wasn't planning on winning the contest. I just wanted the chance to show my video to an audience, and they denied me that based upon a disqualification, not whether the video was good enough, so your point is moot.
ErMaC

Postby SpPANDA » Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:02 am

my video wasn't entered either...

so its ok.

there there ermac... there there.
SpPANDA

Postby Beowulf » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:02 am

ErMaC wrote:It's not about whether the video was good or not - it was disqualified based on the sexual content, which really wasn't sexual content in the first place. It's all innuendo, which shouldn't be against the rules.

Also, the rules say 80% Anime footage. I went and calculated it by # of seconds and it's 81% Anime footage. the Live action stuff only goes on for 19% of the video, so I was still under the legal limit for live action footage.

I just wanted to be shown in front of an audience and (no offense if the creator's on this board) I certainly would've been in the finals instead of something like, say, Cybernetic Eye Candy. I didn't laugh once during that video. Whenever I've shown my video I've at least gotten laughs, albeit I wasn't planning on winning the contest. I just wanted the chance to show my video to an audience, and they denied me that based upon a disqualification, not whether the video was good enough, so your point is moot.

Hey man it fucking happens. Ask MJ or Carlos about my vid being disqualified. My akira vid was disqualified at A-Kon for no particular reason, when about half of the videos there were so fucking awfull you couldn't believe. It didn't even make the showcase. And my vid was pretty good too.

Judges are full of shit a lot of the times. Brad Demoss won two awards at A-Kon he ABSOLUTELY should not have won. You know why he won? Because he's Brad Demoss. Jesus Christ he won best artistic for showing racoons playing the banjo.

More Than Toast has swpet every JACON. You know why? Because there MTT and they ARE somebody.

It fucking makes me sick.
Beowulf

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:38 am

Hmmm.... I thought the whole idea was to have the video shown on the big screen at a contest. If someone wins, great for them and it's just a bonus! Competition is important to keep us all pushing oursleves, but really that's about it.

But I just don't feel it's a life and death thing to get so upset about... I personally want to meet as many AMV people as I can regardless of how many wards they have. I don't think someone winning 20 awards makes them any better. I think even Joe said that winning so many awards in the end really does not mean anything in the real world anyway...

The only thing cons have to be careful of is not to raise any given creator too much into a celebrity. But this is again may not necessarily the fault of the creator, but everyone who wants to be their fan!

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby TheRealNeoHentaiMaster » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:55 am

ErMaC wrote:Also, the rules say 80% Anime footage. I went and calculated it by # of seconds and it's 81% Anime footage. the Live action stuff only goes on for 19% of the video, so I was still under the legal limit for live action footage.

Thats a joke right? Im serious, you dont really mean that? If it really was that close then you deserved it without question, I mean come on. First you kind of push it with the sexual stuff, then you push the live action limit to the edge, and your vid wasnt really that good? Holly crap man! How could you think for a second you had any chance in the first place.

Listen, I was trying to be nice before, but why cant you just accept that your video isnt really that amazing, at all. I wouldnt be so confident your vid would have made it into the finals without the disqualification. Yeah a lot of the other vids were terrible, but like I said before, the only actually funny and interesting part of your vid used live action footage, that kinda kills the whole of it being in an ANIME music video contest. Atleast the other vids made attempts at creating humor relating to anime footage. Your vid probably is a funny little thing to show friends, but that doesnt mean it rightfully deserves to make it to the finals. Oh yeah and...

OH NO YOU WANTED TO SHOW YOUR VID TO AN AUDIENCE AND YOU DIDNT GET TOO! OH NO! POOR YOU NOT GETTING EVERYTHING YOU WANT.
Im sure you all those people who send it crappy linkin park/dbz vids and didnt expect to win wanted just has bad to "just show their vids to an audience" but I bet you got zero sympathy for them, so why should I have any for you.
TheRealNeoHentaiMaster

Ignore...

Postby Shni 0 Pold » Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:05 am

Just ignore him... fact is ErMaC that you are lucky to have not made it because you would have felt much worse if you had made it and then they announced the postponement of the contest and then the next day there wasn't a croud there to see your video anyway.
--Umm...I don't know...
Shni 0 Pold

Postby ErMaC » Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:18 am

HentaiMaster you're missing the whole damn point.
So my video didn't get shown - fine. If the video simply hat not made the final on merits alone, that's fine.

But it wasn't. It was DQ'd, and that's what I'm angry about.

So stop arguing whether it's a good video or not, no one is arguing about that. I don't give a rats ass whether you like it or not.

And FYI the video was made before the AX rules were posted anyways, so it's not like I measured the amount of time that I could use live action footage - it just worked out to be within the limit so I entered it.

Frankly I think you just don't like the video and are making a big stink about it. That's not what I'm talking about, so just drop it. We get it - you think it's a bad video.

I don't care.

What I care about is being unjustly disqualified, and so far you haven't even scratched that subject. So just shut up already unless you want to actually talk about the subject at hand.
ErMaC

uuh....yeah

Postby TheRealNeoHentaiMaster » Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:31 am

Umm, did you even read my post, or did you just start going off the second you realized I wasn't praising you.

Listen, Im going to try really hard to make this my last post on this
subject because ive been in "arguments" like this before where I just have to keep repeating myself because the other person just simply wont acknowledge what im saying.

I actually did quite clearly "scratch the surface" of why I thought your video was not unjustly disqualified. If you read my post, wich im kinda doubting, you would see that all my criquites of your vid were tied into the over-all argument I was making about your disqualification being fair, and why the judges did it. You even admitted you made it without knowing or following the rules.

Also, saying you werent lookin for opinions on it is kinda hypocritical. If you didnt want any then why did you link the vid? I mean, I kinda figured you wanted some feed back, so dont blame me for stating my opinion. You say you dont "give a rats ass" if I like it or not, but I think its more that you dont "give a rats ass" if I dont like it, because you seem to have no problem with those that do like it. Not that I blame for you that, its understandable, im just saying.

Im gonna make this real simple. My whole problem with you right now is that all you doing, weither you realize or not, is just complaining cause your vid didnt make it in. A lot of other people didnt make it in either because of being disqualified for reason they may veiw has stupid and they seem to dealing with it a lot better than you. We all get screwed sometimes, be glad if this is the worst that ever happens to you. Also, again, weither you realize or not, your giving off this attitude like its some horrible tradegy the audience didnt get to see your vid. That now, because of the BIG HORRIBLE AWFUL ASSHOLE JUDGES THAT WOULD DARE NOT LET YOUR VIDEO IN, the world has now been deprived of your great work of art. You cannot tell me that some of the stuff you said in this thread hasn't been a tad arrogant. You seem to think that just because YOU think something isnt sexual, that everyone else shouldnt either, and that everyone who does is some big idiot treating YOU(cause you know, they only did it because it was YOU.....) unfair. Once again, not trying to come down on your vid(I dont think Ive said once I didnt like it), but I think you might be giving yourself a bit to much credit on this one.

Anyway, my real over-all point is, just get over it already. Its not the horrible unfair judgment your making in out to be. The video is OK, I admit getting a couple laughs out of it, but it deserved its disqualification.

End of story.
TheRealNeoHentaiMaster

:P and double :P

Postby OmniStrata » Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:11 am

Ah don't care if it's any damn contest.

It's an ErMaC video and I want to see it!

:P
OmniStrata

Re: uuh....yeah

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:28 am

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster wrote: You seem to think that just because YOU think something isnt sexual, that everyone else shouldnt either,

You obviously didn't see some of the videos that WERE let in.

Hinted sex is one thing.... sticking a penis in your face is another.

You seem to have missed the point that the rules for disqualification aren't only applicable to some videos. The rule for one video should apply to others but that wasn't the case here. Given the other entries that weren't disqualified there is no logical argument for this video's disqualification.

Contests are about consistency. God forbid you should ever run one as you don't seem to understand the concept of rules being clear and decisive.

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster wrote: If you didnt want any then why did you link the vid?

errr... so people knew what it was and choose to download it? You know... the reason most people "announce" things.
AbsoluteDestiny

Next

Return to AMV Announcements