Too hot for AX! See the video THEY don't want to show you!

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Too hot for AX! See the video THEY don't want to show you!

Post by ErMaC » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:54 am

That's right folks! Now the video that the judges at AX unfairly disqualified can be yours, right on your own computer! But you must act now, supplies are limited and they're going fast!

See the video that shocked the judges It's TOO HOT!

But seriously, take a gander. It's Initial D done to the Speed Racer them remix by alphateam.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:29 am

gah.. i can see why they didn't add it...

XP

[laughs]

i love you ermac.
[kisses]

Sagara Sanosuke
Org Profile

Post by Sagara Sanosuke » Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:53 am

;_;
it's not letting me download any of the movies listed on that link. :(

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster
Org Profile

ummm

Post by TheRealNeoHentaiMaster » Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:21 am

Dude, no offense or anything, your vid wasnt bad by any means, but I think it didnt get in cause it just wasnt very good either. I mean, yeah, I chuckled at the the sex inuendo part, but come on, the vid was short and not really that oringal. The sexual inuendo was kinda cliche. You didnt even use footage from anime for most of it. Thats kind of cheap dont you think. Also, dont they also have that rule about most footage being animated? Most of the footage in your vid that was interesting and funny wasnt, so more reason to disqualify you.
Some other vids that were shown probably could be considered more offensive, but they also had more effort put into them, had more original humor actually making refference to footage from an anime, and were more worth taking the risk of showing.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Re: ummm

Post by SpPANDA » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:44 pm

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster wrote:Dude, no offense or anything, your vid wasnt bad by any means, but I think it didnt get in cause it just wasnt very good either. I mean, yeah, I chuckled at the the sex inuendo part, but come on, the vid was short and not really that oringal. The sexual inuendo was kinda cliche. You didnt even use footage from anime for most of it. Thats kind of cheap dont you think. Also, dont they also have that rule about most footage being animated? Most of the footage in your vid that was interesting and funny wasnt, so more reason to disqualify you.
Some other vids that were shown probably could be considered more offensive, but they also had more effort put into them, had more original humor actually making refference to footage from an anime, and were more worth taking the risk of showing.
O_o

are you going to take that Ermac?

maybe this is why you didn't win at fanime.

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:46 pm

It's not about whether the video was good or not - it was disqualified based on the sexual content, which really wasn't sexual content in the first place. It's all innuendo, which shouldn't be against the rules.

Also, the rules say 80% Anime footage. I went and calculated it by # of seconds and it's 81% Anime footage. the Live action stuff only goes on for 19% of the video, so I was still under the legal limit for live action footage.

I just wanted to be shown in front of an audience and (no offense if the creator's on this board) I certainly would've been in the finals instead of something like, say, Cybernetic Eye Candy. I didn't laugh once during that video. Whenever I've shown my video I've at least gotten laughs, albeit I wasn't planning on winning the contest. I just wanted the chance to show my video to an audience, and they denied me that based upon a disqualification, not whether the video was good enough, so your point is moot.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:02 am

my video wasn't entered either...

so its ok.

there there ermac... there there.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:02 am

ErMaC wrote:It's not about whether the video was good or not - it was disqualified based on the sexual content, which really wasn't sexual content in the first place. It's all innuendo, which shouldn't be against the rules.

Also, the rules say 80% Anime footage. I went and calculated it by # of seconds and it's 81% Anime footage. the Live action stuff only goes on for 19% of the video, so I was still under the legal limit for live action footage.

I just wanted to be shown in front of an audience and (no offense if the creator's on this board) I certainly would've been in the finals instead of something like, say, Cybernetic Eye Candy. I didn't laugh once during that video. Whenever I've shown my video I've at least gotten laughs, albeit I wasn't planning on winning the contest. I just wanted the chance to show my video to an audience, and they denied me that based upon a disqualification, not whether the video was good enough, so your point is moot.
Hey man it fucking happens. Ask MJ or Carlos about my vid being disqualified. My akira vid was disqualified at A-Kon for no particular reason, when about half of the videos there were so fucking awfull you couldn't believe. It didn't even make the showcase. And my vid was pretty good too.

Judges are full of shit a lot of the times. Brad Demoss won two awards at A-Kon he ABSOLUTELY should not have won. You know why he won? Because he's Brad Demoss. Jesus Christ he won best artistic for showing racoons playing the banjo.

More Than Toast has swpet every JACON. You know why? Because there MTT and they ARE somebody.

It fucking makes me sick.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:38 am

Hmmm.... I thought the whole idea was to have the video shown on the big screen at a contest. If someone wins, great for them and it's just a bonus! Competition is important to keep us all pushing oursleves, but really that's about it.

But I just don't feel it's a life and death thing to get so upset about... I personally want to meet as many AMV people as I can regardless of how many wards they have. I don't think someone winning 20 awards makes them any better. I think even Joe said that winning so many awards in the end really does not mean anything in the real world anyway...

The only thing cons have to be careful of is not to raise any given creator too much into a celebrity. But this is again may not necessarily the fault of the creator, but everyone who wants to be their fan!

Vlad

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster
Org Profile

Post by TheRealNeoHentaiMaster » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:55 am

ErMaC wrote: Also, the rules say 80% Anime footage. I went and calculated it by # of seconds and it's 81% Anime footage. the Live action stuff only goes on for 19% of the video, so I was still under the legal limit for live action footage.

Thats a joke right? Im serious, you dont really mean that? If it really was that close then you deserved it without question, I mean come on. First you kind of push it with the sexual stuff, then you push the live action limit to the edge, and your vid wasnt really that good? Holly crap man! How could you think for a second you had any chance in the first place.

Listen, I was trying to be nice before, but why cant you just accept that your video isnt really that amazing, at all. I wouldnt be so confident your vid would have made it into the finals without the disqualification. Yeah a lot of the other vids were terrible, but like I said before, the only actually funny and interesting part of your vid used live action footage, that kinda kills the whole of it being in an ANIME music video contest. Atleast the other vids made attempts at creating humor relating to anime footage. Your vid probably is a funny little thing to show friends, but that doesnt mean it rightfully deserves to make it to the finals. Oh yeah and...

OH NO YOU WANTED TO SHOW YOUR VID TO AN AUDIENCE AND YOU DIDNT GET TOO! OH NO! POOR YOU NOT GETTING EVERYTHING YOU WANT.
Im sure you all those people who send it crappy linkin park/dbz vids and didnt expect to win wanted just has bad to "just show their vids to an audience" but I bet you got zero sympathy for them, so why should I have any for you.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”