Official AWA 11 Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:00 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:It really should of been called "Classic" instead of "OldSchool".. Never the less, the video was awsome and deserved to win for sure

Vlad
Classic would have been a better term as oldschool typically implies a certain era or is very relative.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Digitalex
Org Profile

Post by Digitalex » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:14 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:It really should of been called "Classic" instead of "OldSchool".. Never the less, the video was awsome and deserved to win for sure

Vlad
Classic would have been a better term as oldschool typically implies a certain era or is very relative.
Agreed. When a few of us heard the term, we thought...two VCR editing??? :lol:

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:23 pm

Knowname wrote:the muppets song???
It's the same song that Kermit sang, yes, but not that version. It was sung very beautifully by an acapella choir. I'll post the video for download soon.

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:45 am

I thought of the muppets when it first started playing as well hehe.

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 am

Well, the vocalist singing the melody was obviously trying to emulate Kermit; but to me that was incedental. I was more interested in the rich harmonies and the tempo in that particular arrangement.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:04 am

Lostboy wrote:
Knowname wrote:the muppets song???
It's the same song that Kermit sang, yes, but not that version. It was sung very beautifully by an acapella choir. I'll post the video for download soon.
I've had that song on my potential projects list for some time, but I'm glad you beat me to it. Although I prefer Karen Carpenter's version...just because. :wink:
Vlad Pohnert wrote:It really should of been called "Classic" instead of "OldSchool".. Never the less, the video was awsome and deserved to win for sure.
Agreed. I was expecting an old-school edit at first. That was not the case, but the video was pretty amazing nonetheless. It's a must-have.

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:40 am

Vlad
It helped that when we were voting, we had the description of the category that made it make more sense. And yes- while the category name may have been a bit confusing, there was nothing confusing about how good the video that won it was.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

MCWagner
Org Profile

Post by MCWagner » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:34 pm

Ashyukun wrote:

Vlad
It helped that when we were voting, we had the description of the category that made it make more sense. And yes- while the category name may have been a bit confusing, there was nothing confusing about how good the video that won it was.
Hmm... I'll keep that in mind, should the category crop up again in future pro contests.

Though I would have thought "classic" would be mistaken for the AMVs of yesteryear, and the video that won it had best emulated them... but I guess that's just me.
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:39 pm

Perhaps "Best AMV Using Classic Anime" would be better? It's a bit long for an award title but it is more clear than the alternative.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:31 pm

How about Best Retro?

Return to “AMV Contests”