Anime Expo AMV Competition Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:07 am

Ashton and atchang: Sorry about that, I was looking through the search results of anything entered into "Anime Expo 2002" or the "Anime Expo Music Video contest". I also forgot to add Vlad's "The Look" in there. My apologies.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:17 pm

Added reviews

Lies - Stephen Cilley

A nice video that makes good use of the beats. I particulary liked the snow effect at 1:44.

---------------------

Still - Alvin Chang

I've never seen Ah my goddess before and have been considering it for a long time. This is a nice video that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside and tends to get a bit emotional.

CArnesen
Org Profile

Post by CArnesen » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:36 pm

In case you were wondering about the letter that was given to AX attendees, I just finished transcribing the letter and here it is... complete with their grammar errors.

Anime Music Video Fans, Creators, and All Anime Expo 2002 Attendees:

First off, allow us state emphatically that we are sincerely sorry that we had to cancel Friday's AMV contest. Friday evening during the Anime Music Video contest an extremely important decision had to be made. The end result of this monumental decision resulted in the unfortunate delaying of the AMV contest. This decision was specifically made to address the concerns of the AMV Coordinators and Technical Director that you, the attendee, would not be able to view these videos in the manner that they deserved. To allow the contest to continue Friday night would have done a great disservice to those who were attending, as well as misrepresent both the skill and quality of each AMV creator who participated in our contest this year.

The issue is one of a reversing of the field order within the picture. This field reversal results in the video playing in a less than smooth manner. For example, take a scene of an arm traveling upwards and away from the body: The reversal of the field order will show the individual's arm moving up and away normally for a portion of the video, but intermixed with this upward motion are scenes which show the arm much lower than it really should be. This created jerkiness in the motion that is extremely visible, and thus extremely disruptive to the showing of Anime Music Videos.

Again, we the Co-Coordinators of the Anime Music Video Contest sincerely apologize to each and every one of you for the inconvenience this delay has caused. As you may know, we will be showing the contest at 8:00 AM Saturday, July 6, 2001. An additional showing of the contest will be available for attendees on Sunday morning, July 7, 2002 at 8:00 AM. For both events doors will be opened for seating at 7:30 AM. Please note that if you have kept your ticket from Friday night's contest you will able to enter at these times (either or both showings) and will be able to go to your original seat. If you would like to see the contest but you did not originally receive a ticket, we will be allowing general unticketed seating once the event begins.

Please note that only the Saturday morning contest will be used for judging purposes. The Sunday morning showing is primarily for those attendees who need to be in the line on Saturday morning to get tickets for Masquerade on Saturday night.

Thank you for your patience; we hope to see you both Saturday at 8:00 AM and Sunday 8:00 AM!

Most sincerely,
Brian Friday
James Dodd
Anime Expo 2002 Anime Music Video Co-Coordinators

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:11 pm

I want a review too T_T

neo eva
Org Profile

Post by neo eva » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:21 pm

Nappy....your avatar is hypnotizing me......@_@

OtakuOutpost
Org Profile

Post by OtakuOutpost » Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:55 pm

SpPANDA wrote:i almost won.
my boring video almost won.
i think i did, in fact.
i dont think they gave it to me though because i already won action.
Your video almost won because your cheering section was close to the decibel meter. Don't mean to burst your bubble. That's also the reason my video won, and why your video won action over Dragon Bebop Z.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:46 pm

OtakuOutpost wrote:
SpPANDA wrote:i almost won.
my boring video almost won.
i think i did, in fact.
i dont think they gave it to me though because i already won action.
Your video almost won because your cheering section was close to the decibel meter. Don't mean to burst your bubble. That's also the reason my video won, and why your video won action over Dragon Bebop Z.
i already know this.
jesus man! had i won a fair competition i'd be bragging about my action win [hits otaku]

get with it!

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:32 am

Castor Troy wrote:Added reviews

Lies - Stephen Cilley

A nice video that makes good use of the beats. I particulary liked the snow effect at 1:44.

---------------------

Still - Alvin Chang

I've never seen Ah my goddess before and have been considering it for a long time. This is a nice video that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside and tends to get a bit emotional.
I appreciate the review... but did you see that at the con or off the internet? Was there some particular reason that everyone has avoided talking about my video (possibly that it was played right after Silent Lucidity or something else of that nature?) or is it something more sinister? I don't mind if you all hated my video (not that I think on the internet you would hold back anyway) but please, how was it that non of you saw it at the con?

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:42 am

Ashton wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:Added reviews

Lies - Stephen Cilley

---------------------

Still - Alvin Chang

I appreciate the review... but did you see that at the con or off the internet? Was there some particular reason that everyone has avoided talking about my video (possibly that it was played right after Silent Lucidity or something else of that nature?) or is it something more sinister? I don't mind if you all hated my video (not that I think on the internet you would hold back anyway) but please, how was it that non of you saw it at the con?
I saw it at the con but Silent Lucidity and Devotion were in my head at the time. My memory got better after downloading it.

Songblade
Org Profile

^_^

Post by Songblade » Sat Jul 13, 2002 1:49 am

Thank you Castor! For the videos taht aren't up for downloading, is there a chance I could privately email you guys that HAVE replied on this list for the CDs you were passing out at AX? I'll pay shipping <:)
<a href="http://www.wish3.net">Wish³</a> ~ What would you wish for?

Return to “AMV Contests”