Videos using Final Fantasy

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Videos using Final Fantasy

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:23 pm

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that primarily use Final Fantasy as a source.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please. And, when posting, please include which Final Fantasy source is used in the video.
Last edited by Tsunami Jones on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megaman917
Org Profile

Post by megaman917 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:30 pm

I'll recommend this one:
Home by kajin_phoenixlord to Final Fantasy 10 (X) & Final Fantasy X-2: Another Story. I really don't know much of anything about Final Fantasy, but this video is what the fuck I call "poetry in motion".
Last edited by megaman917 on Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you're not cheating, you're not trying!" - R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967 - 2005)
Through tragedy, she found triumph. R.I.P. Coretta Scott King (1927 - 2006)
Long live the "King of Pop"! R.I.P. Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009)

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:01 pm

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:20 pm

I'm changing the Japanese Game Videos thread so that all of the Final Fantasy recommendations are here instead. If you posted a Final Fantasy video there, feel free to repost it here, and I'll remove your quote from this post.
ShivaBlizzard8 wrote:AustinWang's Unforgiven Sins is one of the best FFX vids I've ever seen. Using Metalica's song Unforgiven II, the vid not only captures the destructive themes of FFX, but also does character building of the relationship between Tidus and Jecht, his father.
silver_moon wrote:Noise by Anton Kleshchyov (Fynjy) - Probably my favourite Final Fantasy video of all time. The editor took one of the most unoriginal anime (FF8) and an unoriginal song (Hero by Nickelback) and put them together to make something incredibly unique. The effects were very creative... this is the only FF video that I've seen that used cut-outs, and he had a lot of great ideas for effects. It's obvious he spent a long time working on this. I love this video.

-Denique Volatilis- by -kari- - Another favourite FF vid of mine. It's a fun, upbeat romance video with good timing and scene selections. This one's really fun to watch.
themaan wrote:SpeakerboxX-2 is pretty damn funny. I've seen very few GMVs (or whatever they're called) but this is by far my favourite.
anime_angel_ash wrote:All We Have Is Now by 3[1].6 to go. FF8. This creator did something that I thought was pretty cool: the challenged themselves not to put the opening fight between Seifer and Squal, or the dance scene. They generally used smaller clips that no one ever uses. Still, it was wonderfully done, and the song, "Run to the Water" was perfect for it
kunaiinyourback wrote:It isn't in the database, but When You Believe compiled by Timp is the best Final Fantasy AMV I've ever seen.
aielI_Ileia wrote:The best Final Fantasy 8 (VIII) video that I have seen by far has got to be:

Human After All by Darkest_Night.

Tells the story beautifully, portraying it in a somewhat different way. You have to watch the entire video to understand why it's so good, it's a little longer than most, but works better than any other I've seen.
Last edited by Tsunami Jones on Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:46 am

you can take my name off your list then and I have another recomendation, a Final Fantasy 9 video that I think is beautifully edited by eternalgracenote,

also just found this off site video to Final Fantasy 11... it's really the typical MMORPG video, in game stuff with emoticons, but it's done really really well. And how could you not love FF11, makes me miss my lil Taru....

Saeryn's Michaenis. again, it's a direct link so right click and save as pls!

If there is any problem with this direct link please pm me, I can edit it.

Yorae
Org Profile

Post by Yorae » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:27 am

I love this AMV! Very touching and nicely editted. FF:AC fans shulde defeniately watch this ^_^

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:29 am

I haven't seen anyone recommend it yet, so I recommend
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:05 pm

Reposting...

Being a huge fan of all things Square, I have quite a few videos to put here. So, let's begin...

A fast-paced, high action video that combines superb editing with a song that is perfectly suited to the epic story that is Final Fantasy. Other perks of this video are the fact that it uses scenes from many of the early games and the fact that the song is customized for the video. This video is a few years old, but it is still easily one of the best FF videos out there.

Is the series overused? Yes. Is the song overused? Yes. Is this a unique video nonetheless? You bet. Despite how cliche the idea may seem, this video really is pulled off beautifully. It uses a number of scenes that are rarely used in FFVII videos, as well as a strategically placed ingame scene. Also, the video takes VII's uneven cutscene format, and makes all of the scenes uniform - meaning, all without the distracting black bars.

Truly, this video is underrated. It was created roughly two years ago, but has still only received three opinions since then. The first video to use "Fly From the Inside," it combines a coherent plot with less common scenes from the game. Moreover, when it does use overdone scenes, it shows them in such a way that the viewer hardly even realizes it. Next to Noise (which I second), Steal the Sun is quite possibly the best FFVIII video ever made. Most importantly, though, is this: I came to dislike FFVIII a long time ago, and yet I still love this video. In my eyes, that is the mark of a well executed project.

- Jen
Last edited by dj_ultima_the_great on Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zanmato666
Org Profile

Post by zanmato666 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:49 pm

This video, is one of, if not the best amv I've seen on this site so far. What the creator did was emulate a movie sountrack type music video. Meaning, you know when there's a specific song relating to a movie, and in the music video of the song you see the artist as well as clips of the movie. Well the creator of this amv did just that, making it look like the song Jewel Song by Boa was made as a Final Fantasy soundtrack. Not only that but all the effects are well done, and the best part for me is that he included quotes from the two games in which any fan will instantly remember when viewing this amv.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”