Videos using Fruits Basket

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Videos using Fruits Basket

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:44 pm

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that primarily use Fruits Basket as a source.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.
Last edited by Tsunami Jones on Sat May 20, 2006 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:15 am

Because this is a character-profile AMV, those who have actually watched/read Fruits Basket will probably appreciate it more; however, if you haven't seen FB, this video is good enough to spark an interest. Very creative and original - the main characters are described using clips from songs that match their personalities:

Tohru - Kiddie Version of "You are My Sunshine"
Yuki - Celine Dion's "All By Myself"
Kyou - Limp Bizkit's "Break Stuff"
Shigure - Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog"
Hatsuharu - Michael Jackson's "Black or White"
Ayame - Aerosmith's "Dude Looks like a Lady"

I would also recommend

as a follow-up :)

-----------

"...if you're a Fruits Basket fan or a fan of excessive violence in romance, then this would be the video for you." - The theme of this video is Kyo and Kagura's "relationship". The song itself works just too well for these characters. Great action/lyric sync, and a must-see for all Furuba fans.

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:06 pm

I lreally enjoyed this videa it has good stroy to it an use of song is very nice my favoruite fruitsbasket vid

JenCM18
Org Profile

Post by JenCM18 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:02 pm

I recommend this amv because it is edited very well, and has good video quality and sound. Also because it's edited to look like a moving comic. With characters popping up, lip syncing to some of the voices in the song.
Aun Studios. Listen...Imagine...Create. | Ef "feel Alive" | "Keep Me Alive" Your Lie in April & "Feelings We Share" Beyond The Boundary [Work In Progress]

KaneDragon
Org Profile

Post by KaneDragon » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:20 pm

*inverse* wrote:A Song for Everyone by RubyHatchet
2x. The songs selected are very good and hiliariously apt. (Can't say the same about Volume 2....)

--------------------------------------------
It's another Kyo-Kagura video, but the quality is good, and I like the song, too. And who can resist teh Kyo? 8-) The lip sync for Shigure was cute, though there's a bit much flap elsewhere in the video.

And neither AMV has subtitles. :wink:
Last edited by KaneDragon on Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astria
Org Profile

Post by Astria » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:41 am

I think 'Song for Everyone' Vol. 2 was meant to be a bit more serious then the first. The Hatori and Uo & Kyoko segments, at least.

Okay....I'll give one all-round recommendation, a fun one and a serious one:

This video works extremely well in using the main themes of 'Fruits Basket' (love, hope, life, etc) and taking them in the context of the main characters; as confirmed in the opening sequence which shows each of them in turn. The lyric-association is at times too apt (and all the more hilarious for that). The overall tone of this vid is comic, but not without its more serious moments.

This video contains scenes from the closing three episodes, but as they are out of context, so not technically spoilers.

A good all-round video.

Just good fun. Its sweet, happy, funny, and has the up-beat niceness that 'Fruits Basket' has in such quantities. The editing is nicely synched in places, as the song progresses from a slower beginning and verses, to its rather chaotic chorus. In later the slower section, the scenes slow down a bit - this contains definite spoilers. But they're used so well... I defy anyone to watch this and not smile at least once.

Great fun. In the top 10% for a reason.

Oreofaery's videos seem to be well thought through in their ideas and technical aspects. This one is no exception. From the grating guitar cords at the beginning, and the use of some sharp editing, this is not the happy little jaunt 'Affirmation' was. It is a profile of Akito Sohma. With the song, this video seems to try to understand something of Akito's character. It uses some of the subplots of the series which indirectly involve Akito, and the pressure all the Sohmas are under, him included. The author's notes show that this was pretty well planned. I particularly like her use of Shigure in here.

A serious FB video, a fine use of a misunderstood character.

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Thu May 04, 2006 5:27 pm

I found this to be an amazing video:

It deals with Kyo and his sensei. its the only time i ever saw it done....its gotta be one of my favorites of all time.

Also:

Its a very well done Akito video

both videos are top tier in my book ^_^

there needs to be way more FB videos made!

anbu_girl
Org Profile

Post by anbu_girl » Mon May 15, 2006 8:41 am

Colorblind by Arczi is definitely my favourite:

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:57 am

The original Kyo's Habit is still the best I have personally seen.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:15 pm

I don't beleive they'd been mentioned.

Jasper Isis' Memories is a touching instrumental focusing on probably the most minor part of the story possible o.0

Dalton06' The light around her is a rather generic video, you can basically know what to expect just by reading the info page... but who reads the info page eh??... well anyway it's real 'cute' and stuff. HIGHLY recomended.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”