CSUN Anime Club AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:19 pm

I'll try and get some new vids done and sent in after AWA as well. :D

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:49 pm

How many videos are we allowed to submit? I sent 3 and really... The Misato video is very short... I'm wondering if I can send you a trailer parody that was finished this past Monday? ^_^ If not, it's alright with me. 8)
ImageImage

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:22 pm

Love to send up to the maximum entry limit, but the "no credits as part of your AMV" ruling is making things very difficult considering I tend to integrate credits as part of my videos. :(

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:45 pm

ShonenDizzyCow wrote:Love to send up to the maximum entry limit, but the "no credits as part of your AMV" ruling is making things very difficult considering I tend to integrate credits as part of my videos. :(
D'oh... >_< That is why I make 2 versions of my videos. One with bumper credits and one without. ^_^
ImageImage

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:15 pm

For my case it's not as simple as recompiling the video again with the beginning and end chopped off. I can do that easily enough.

My credits are either integrated with the video via a transition/effect or is shown while the song plays. Cutting it off would mean cutting up the song and some parts of the video in a rather abrupt way. :?

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:45 pm

ShonenDizzyCow wrote:For my case it's not as simple as recompiling the video again with the beginning and end chopped off. I can do that easily enough.

My credits are either integrated with the video via a transition/effect or is shown while the song plays. Cutting it off would mean cutting up the song and some parts of the video in a rather abrupt way. :?
Yes, your videos are kinda different as they work with the bumper credit. But what I was trying to say was that I make 2 videos of the same one. One with the bumpers and one without. I also try not to integrate them with the song. But hey, people do what they can to make their videos work the way they want them. I don't blame you for integrating your bumper credits. They do work very well with the video and I can't see anything else that would work... I talk too much... Back to reviewing videos once again! 8)
ImageImage

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:01 pm

My main problem right now is the six-minute limit. A video I really want to enter is 6:16 long. So, I went in Premiere and edited out what I could. I added in 10 seconds of black on front and end, and now the entire video is exactly 5:59:01. Mwahahahaha... Why do I feel like I'm cheating...? Hopeful question: does the black part count as part of the video time? Now there's just the issue of making the cuts look as natural as possible. This video will get shown at a con.

I'm about half done making a new video right now. I should be finished by the deadline, so I'll enter that too if I can.

I have another question: does it matter if there are voice-overs in our videos? I know that some cons don't allow any. I didn't see that in the rules so I hope it's okay...

So if I can take care of all these problems, I am going to enter two videos via FTP into the drama category, and maybe some others if I feel that they are worthy^_^
ImageImage

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:20 am

Hitori...4 is the limit so yes you can submit the new parody you've created that is no prob....About the integrated bumpers with the video.....You can submit BUT the judges MAY disqualify your video...it's their choice....Best thing would be to get one without those bumpers but if not you can still submit...and about that 6 minute limit....when I think about it a few of my videos are above 6 minutes...so I'm bumping it up to 7 minutes so you can still submit =D

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:52 am

Could I send it to you through AIM like before? Or would I have to upload to the FTP? :roll:
ImageImage

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:57 am

AIM like before....=D

Return to “AMV Contests”