Video info more restricted over time

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:08 am

Scintilla wrote:I'd be curious to know how many people actually use the "comments" field when searching; I always assumed that people using the Super Search usually searched by creator, studio, title, music/artist, anime used, and/or contests instead.
I use it when I'm searching for certain types of vids like trance, drum and bass, metal, electronica, techno, progressive, fight, battle, vs., etc..

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:43 am

dokool wrote:
SuperFusion wrote:I wonder if people will stop donating because of this... :roll:
Considering your status, you're one to talk. Will people stop donating, just like everyone was gonna leave the site b/c the OT forum got removed? :roll:
It's not my fault some nerd gained access to my account. I already told an admin about it and he didn't do shit about the falsely made donation, so I'm getting to download vids faster because of a lazy admin(while getting the other stuff donators get, too). :roll:

Since this site lives of donations:

"We don't serve you, you serve us."

Best quote ever.

Hopefully the new implement is actually worth installing.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:42 am

trythil wrote:Oh, for fuck's sake.

If this bugs you, just leave a link to an external video notes page in the video profile. Problem solved.
x2

I might just do this from now on...
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:07 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
trythil wrote:Oh, for fuck's sake.

If this bugs you, just leave a link to an external video notes page in the video profile. Problem solved.
x2

I might just do this from now on...
One disadvantage is that lazy people (like me) are less inclined to take that extra step and click an external link. Plus, if I'm on the .org, I know it's cool...if I go to an external site, suddenly I may be faced with pop-ups, annoying Flash, slow server, etc. So yeah, if you really want as many people as possible to read your video notes, linking to an external page isn't going to do the trick.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:43 pm

Hey All,

FYI: Link comments are now available.

Phade.

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:54 pm

Phade wrote:Hey All,

FYI: Link comments are now available.

Phade.
Er... can you explain exactly what that means?

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:14 pm

Nobody's got a gun to your head making you read, Phade; by all means, code if that's the best use of your time.

And please, every argument we have on the internet is not the end of the world. I don't even think about this 23.75 hours of the day. It's just an interesting discussion. Overreact much?

Anyway, my vote for a permanent solution is to give us a grace period to edit old info before a true lockdown, because we weren't aware that this was all going on the permanent record. Then, the two-week rule is fine. Not optimal, but not a problem either.

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:36 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:Nobody's got a gun to your head making you read, Phade; by all means, code if that's the best use of your time.

And please, every argument we have on the internet is not the end of the world. I don't even think about this 23.75 hours of the day. It's just an interesting discussion. Overreact much?

Anyway, my vote for a permanent solution is to give us a grace period to edit old info before a true lockdown, because we weren't aware that this was all going on the permanent record. Then, the two-week rule is fine. Not optimal, but not a problem either.
Dammit, I'm going to quote the best suggestion from this topic AGAIN until someone actually acknowledges its existance.
Corran wrote:Perhaps after a rollback you could make it so the comments become append only.
READ IT, DAMMIT! That's the one that should be used, as it's optimal sollution.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:41 pm

Tono_Fyr wrote:Dammit, I'm going to quote the best suggestion from this topic AGAIN until someone actually acknowledges its existance.
Corran Productions wrote:Perhaps after a rollback you could make it so the comments become append only.
READ IT, DAMMIT! That's the one that should be used, as it's optimal sollution.
Um, I just acknowledged that solution on the previous page...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:05 pm

tono_fyr - it's not that i don't acknowledge it, it's that i don't consider it the best solution.

anyways, phade - it broke the video info pages
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=56447
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Return to “Site Announcements”