Video info more restricted over time

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:51 am

Scintilla wrote:
Phade wrote:(meaning <b>when you can’t change the anime and music information</b>).
And that would be when? Having never needed to change the anime/music info longer than the day after making the entry I don't know how long you can.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:01 am

Video information gets locked two weeks after the premiere I believe. And this happens more than you think.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:40 am

I can't say I like this decision. I often have the need to correct typos, fix links and add information to the top of the video info page. Hopefully a better solution will be coming.

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:50 am

Ditto on what Janzki said.

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:44 am

I dont mind the idea. Their should be a 7-14 day perios after a vids profile is iniciay entered or uploaded where the editor can freely change information. That should eb enough time for the editor to corect all info and make sure everything is right.
SuperFusion wrote:They sure don't act like they have a life.
That coming from someone who cuts up scenes from a kids cartoon and rearanges them in an attempt to fit with a song? Seriosly, if you want to be the pop culture stereotypical geek bashing type, this hoby, site and anything related to it has no place for you.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:55 am

Janzki wrote:I can't say I like this decision. I often have the need to correct typos, fix links and add information to the top of the video info page. Hopefully a better solution will be coming.
I agree.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:07 pm

Rather than limiting what people can do, how about implementing a solution sort of like wikipedia, where they keep snapshots of each change, so you can roll back to a previous one if someone decides to vandalize an entry?

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:13 pm

Hey All,

Just to clarify, a video entry becomes limited once all of these conditions are met:

* the entry has a premiere date
* the premiere date is more than 14 days in the past
* the date the video information was first entered into the system is more than 14 days in the past
* the date available is in the past
* the entry has anime listed
* the entry has music listed

99% of members should be able to fix video description mistakes within the two week period. We're trying to come up with a method to help the 1% who still has messed up info after that.

I hope this helps.

Phade.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:17 pm

Hey Zarxrax,

(sorry to double post, but you posted when I was posting)

The problem with that method is that there is no way to stop the member from re-messing up their entry once it is fixed. We would also have to monitor all video description changes made every day (all new entries + all modifications = all changes). It becomes a large admin task. Reducing admin overhead is a top priority for the new system, whatever it becomes.

Keep the ideas coming!

Phade.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:22 pm

If somebody really wants to change something, or add something, they could make a request right?

Return to “Site Announcements”